• First I guess I owe an apology to our devs on whom I cast aspirations when I posted about upside down windmills in another thread. This is not a conspiracy theory.

A while back before AFS2 I was using Google Earth to fly local flights. The building in the CBD that I worked in was easily identifiable and the detail was great. It was no problem to identify my house etc. But, of course it was not really a Flight simulator. Although I am not running the new simulator I have kept an eye on the main forums and looked at the screenshots and I was a bit bemused to see that the Sydney Harbor Bridge was not modeled properly in it. I am thinking how is this possible when I can fly over my house and work place in an obscure city like Adelaide in Google Earth?

I know the new sim uses Bing rather than Google so was wondering if there is such a great difference between the two or whether a lot of object details are not transferred across to allow third party developers like ORBX the opportunity to fill in the spaces. (They have just released Sydney Cityscape scenery for the new sim).

• That is a very speculative question but how does this relate to Aerofly?

All I'll say is: In MSFS try to fly from the international airport at Stuttgart, EDDS.

That's right it doesn't exist at all ;(

Looking at the Bing images you can see why the airport was not created at all. It's a blurry mess as if the entire airport had been censored. The Google images at the same location are very detailed and even feature 3D buildings.

Regards,

Jan

• Hi Jan, I wondered if they import only 2D imagery from one or the other into a flight sim and then third party developers fill in the 3D details. Is that what happens with AFS2? Not just the new sim I was thinking about.

• Wenn ich nur wüsste wie es geht, das wäre der Hammer.

Nee, glaub mir, wäre es nicht. Zumindest in VR. Es gibt keinen schlimmeren Immersionskiller, als Satellitenbilder im Rohzustand. Ich bekomm da immer direkt schlechte Laune. Macht keinen Spaß.

• Hi,

schließe mich Schnuffelduffel an.

Ohne Bearbeitung der Sat Bilder geht es nicht.

Siehe zB. Wattenmeer...was für grotten schlechte Aufnahmen, da macht man besser nur Wasser als alles nach zu bearbeiten!

Nur in Aerofly FS verändert sich der Farbton nach Tageszeit bei den Wasserflächen, so das man den RGB Ton fast nicht trifft.

Bin seit ewiger Zeit an den Nordfriesischen Inseln dran und krieg die Blaukanten der Kacheln nicht kpl. weg.

So lang ich das nicht in den Grif kriege wird das nix um es Euch bereit zu stellen.

Ein Versuch mit RGB Tönen...

LG. ULI

• und krieg die Blaukanten der Kacheln nicht

Also, der Blauton fürs Meer ist RGB 10,20,30. Diesen Ton hab ich aus dem verrauschten IPACS-Ozean dereinst ermittelt. In Photoshop Pinselkantenstärke 0%, Radius ca. 600 Pixel, je nachdem, wie es passt und aussieht. Also wenigstens das Meer / Küstenbereiche sollte man damit übermalen können.