Check For Updates Not Working

• We will consider updating the DVD version next week and will also look into the issue you mentioned. Aerofly FS 2 will need internet access for the update check to work.

"Aerofly FS 2 will need internet access for the update check to work." Wow! Is it really necessary to write this?

I have also the DVD version. I find a very strange that a Steam account got newer content than a bought retail/download version via Aerosoft.

It should be the other way around or at the same time! Now I am reading things like "those channels take longer to update" and your answer "We will CONSIDER updating the DVD version ..." Wow! :(

• What he is saying is that Aerofly is showing this error message because it has no access to the internet. That means the access is blocked by either a firewall, the anti-virus software, the router configuration or something else.

It is much easier for us to update the Steam version for us than it is to update the download or DVD versions that are available through Aerosoft. Steam was the first platform that Aerofly launched on and the majority of users use that platform, that's why it is updated first. The DVD version was only added much later and because of the much more lengthy update process going through multiple instances we only update that version when the Steam version shows no more issues. That is why we don't update it first and why are are hesitant to publish an update right away. If that update isn't working 100% you would have to repeat the entire process all over again and Aerosoft would probably not be happy to constantly update their files until we get it just right.

Also he said "considering updating next week" what that means is: "yes we want to update it, maybe already next week". He is not saying "we're only considering updating but we're not sure yet", you may have misinterpreted that.

• What he is saying is that Aerofly is showing this error message because it has no access to the internet. That means the access is blocked by either a firewall, the anti-virus software, the router configuration or something else.

It is much easier for us to update the Steam version for us than it is to update the download or DVD versions that are available through Aerosoft. Steam was the first platform that Aerofly launched on and the majority of users use that platform, that's why it is updated first. The DVD version was only added much later and because of the much more lengthy update process going through multiple instances we only update that version when the Steam version shows no more issues. That is why we don't update it first and why are are hesitant to publish an update right away. If that update isn't working 100% you would have to repeat the entire process all over again and Aerosoft would probably not be happy to constantly update their files until we get it just right.

Also he said "considering updating next week" what that means is: "yes we want to update it, maybe already next week". He is not saying "we're only considering updating but we're not sure yet", you may have misinterpreted that.

Okay! Loud and clear, my fault, sorry. Now I understand why, and I will wait without comments. Thanks for your answer! :thumbup:

• A preliminary update for DVD users is available here . If you all could report back to us if the update works on your side we would appreciate it and it would accelerate the official release of this update.

The update is now available on our official support website right here.

• NOT A HAPPY BUNNY, its deleted ALL my cultivation and airports.

How? The setup only touches the installation folder and since all user scenery is in the user documents it should not be possible for the installer to alter these files. And also the extra user folder on your custom file path location should be totally unaffected by any updates to the installation folders.

• Thankyou. Downloaded in 7mins, but 546GB to back up before I install. :whistling:

So far, so good. All my NZ WIP is safe, I have the EC135. Checked out Boston Logan and saw no texture probs with the crossed runways (?or is this just a FSCloudport thing?)

However, moving on from Boston I found a lot of IPACS DLC was missing. Fortunately I have it all in a backup. Will I be able to just copy the missing folders from the backup, into the same place, or do I need to modify something else?

Thanks

https://i.postimg.cc/YSVCcLt0/20201027-001.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/wB3jbQ8n/20201027-003.jpg

• How? The setup only touches the installation folder and since all user scenery is in the user documents it should not be possible for the installer to alter these files. And also the extra user folder on your custom file path location should be totally unaffected by any updates to the installation folders.

Good Morning Jan, Its totally deleted all my airports and cultivation off my F hard drive this has never happened with other updates. File path: Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator/scenery/places The internet connection problem is still there however the very low FPS 5 sitting on the RW in add on airfields has rectified itself and FPS is at the locked 60 as normal. So some good news. So for the next few days having to copy and paste loads of cultivation from my external back up drive. I just love computers.;)

Best wishes, Michael :)

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB (October 27, 2020 at 9:00 AM).

• @IZ0JUB: Please do not manually copy any files into the 'Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator' folder, this is not recommended and will cause all kinds of problems. Either copy it to 'Documents/Aerofly FS 2/' or at the same folder level as 'Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator', create a folder called 'Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator' AddOns' with the same folder structure. E.g. copy your user sceneries to 'Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator' AddOns/scenery/places' and so on.

@emfrat: As mentioned to IZ0JUB, do not copy anything into the 'Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator' folder, instead use the special add-on folder.

• Thanks Jan, I will follow your advice - in those early days, there was a lot of community stuff but hardly anyone was providing a readme and those few developers who did were giving giving different advice. So I had to assess the quality of the developer, and make a best guess as to where things should be. That has worked up until now.

The ORBX stuff I installed created a folder called 'Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator AddOns. I will copy the missing DLCs into there

Mike