• Right now Oculus Quest 2 is a no-brainer if you don't mind getting a facebook account. Only high-end headsets like the Valve Index or the soon to be release HP Reverb G2 are clearly better, but they are way more expensive.

A good GPU will still be required, though. If you tell us your current GPU you will get better advices.

• I don't use Facebook, so I guess the best option is Rift S.

My GPU is a GTX 1070 8 RAM, Intel i7-8700 3.20 GHz, 16 GB installed RAM.

If there is a better advice please share it with me.

Thank you everyone for the help.

• I don't use Facebook, so I guess the best option is Rift S.

My GPU is a GTX 1070 8 RAM, Intel i7-8700 3.20 GHz, 16 GB installed RAM.

If there is a better advice please share it with me.

Thank you everyone for the help.

You'll need facebook for Rift S as much as for Quest 2, in both case it is Oculus, so Facebook. Note that you don't have to use Facebook, they will create an account for you, the only problem is if you don't want to create a facebook account as a matter of principle or not.

Buying a Rift S now makes little sense I think, unless you get it second hand really cheap. The resolution of the Quest 2 is much better, and specifically for AFS2 resolution is key, for the readability of gauges and screens.

The only problem is that your 1070 is a bit light for the resolution of the Quest. But specifically for AFS2 it should be OK, as long as you don't push details too high. You really want better resolution in AFS2, even if you need to reduce details.

That does not necessarily apply to other games in which your 1070 will often be a bit weak to handle correctly the Quest 2 resolution.

Currently as I said alternatives are mainly on the high-end (personnaly I have pre-ordered an HP Reverb G2). At 350€, competition has given up.

• I have a Facebook account, its just I don't use it so it is not a problem.

I guess I will take your advice and go for the Quest because of the resolution and I try not to push the detail too high in AFS2.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Best regards,

Khaled

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Good info in this video. ^

• Right now Oculus Quest 2 is a no-brainer if you don't mind getting a facebook account. Only high-end headsets like the Valve Index or the soon to be release HP Reverb G2 are clearly better, but they are way more expensive.

But why Zuck? You already have have my number :)

I'm going for Reverb 2 & RTX 30x0. Yes a bit expensive I agree but Reverb 2 and Saitek X-65F will make FS2 even more incredible.

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F