Scenery missing after DVD version update

• Firstly, many thanks for this lovely update - the 135 in VR is quite possibly my new favourite flying thing :)

One thing, though - some of my scenery is now no longer showing on the map, namely Switzerland and Florida. It looks like the photo scenery is there, but not the airports.

Other scenery , such as the wonderful freeware Hawaii, LOWI, TrueEarth Netherlands all looks okay, though.

Any ideas on how to get back the missing stuff?

• @psionmark: We need to check the installer again, why it removed Switzerland and Florida. But those packages need an update also which is currently being sent to Aerosoft. Please give them a few days until the updates are online. In the mean time, you can reinstall Switzerland and Florida and it should work fine again, even though it will run better with the updated versions.

• @psionmark: We need to check the installer again, why it removed Switzerland and Florida. But those packages need an update also which is currently being sent to Aerosoft. Please give them a few days until the updates are online. In the mean time, you can reinstall Switzerland and Florida and it should work fine again, even though it will run better with the updated versions.

Thanks for the info. So probably worth holding back and waiting for the updated scenery? Should I also reinstall the update to the main app when that’s available or do I just need to reinstall the scenery?

• Hi. The installer also removed Aerosoft's Colorado package. I reinstalled Switzerland and Colorado, and Aerosoft's installers do not give an option of where to install, so everything went into the main folder, rather than the documents or the add-ons.

• I have lost ALL my Scenery paid, freeware... I have base tiles only. No airports exist in the searchable database.

After having a completely working installation, your installer completely destroyed my install without warning.

Not what i would call customer service.

Rick

• The updated scenery installers are now available through Aerosoft. If you purchased a DLC please contact Aerosoft for an updated installer. The recommended installation recommendation is as follows:

- Install the latest Aerofly FS 2 Update version 2.05.03.09

- Download the updated DLCs ( free and purchased ) from Aerosoft ( they have been updated as well )

- Reinstall the download DLCs

- Like mentioned before please do not install any user created content inside the 'Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator' folder. Instead either use 'Documents/Aerofly FS 2' or the special folder 'Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator AddOns' which is looked for at the same level of the main 'Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator' folder.

Sorry for this confusion, we have published the update before the new downloads were available through Aerosoft. If you follow the recommended order mentioned above you will be all set again.

• I reinstalled the scenery prior to the scenery updates but after applying the sim update. Seems to work okay - is there any benefit downloading the latest versions? There’s a lot of data to download. I don’t mind doing so if there are benefits, but thought I’d check first.

• The latest scenery versions allow for a much faster simulator startup time because no files are loaded before you are in the main menu. Similarly when you fly around the sim has a much easier time to find the airports that it needs to load because the folder names now have the icao name built into them and the airports can be loaded just when needed. Before or when you still have airport files in the places folder Aerofly has to load each TSC file, check these positions and load the remaining files when necessary.

• Habe nach dem update nochmals die verschwundenen Addon-sceneries von Aerosoft installiert.Hat geklappt, alles wieder vorhanden.

Dafür nun ein neues Problem: Die ersten 4 Airplanes im Verzeichnis (A 320, ASG29, Baron 58, B737-500) lassen sich nicht mehr aufrufen:

sie sind rot umrandet und es erscheint die Meldung:Dieses Flugzeug ist inkompatibel mit der aktuellen Version.Was ist jetzt zu tun?

mfg

flybywire

• I sent in a customer service message regarding scenery i paid for. no response yet.

A warning that it would kill your installation and lose all your scenery would have been nice.

Of course, we won't receive any compensation for the major re installation hassles.

I am losing faith in IPACS.

Rick

• I sent in a customer service message regarding scenery i paid for. no response yet.

A warning that it would kill your installation and lose all your scenery would have been nice.

Of course, we won't receive any compensation for the major re installation hassles.

I am losing faith in IPACS.

Rick

I have wasted almost a full week in front of my computer uninstalling FS 2 and making a clean install and having to re-install all my home made photo scenery and cultivation (700 GB) removed with the new Beta update.

Never again. will I download and install a Beta version from IPACS.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• The main issue here is that some users have installed all the user created content into the main Aerofly FS 2 folder, this is not recommended and can cause all kind of issues. Doing so will cause a lot of confusion, because we have no control anymore on what files belong to our installer, what files have been overwritten and what files are no longer necessary. Please keep this in mind when complaining about us or the latest update.

So to stop any confusion in the future, please do not copy anything into the Aerofly FS 2 program folder.

• I think Icould solve the problem with the airplanes for the moment.When installing the update, i loose all the addons from AEROSOFT, but all the airplanes

are working.Reinstalling the old sceneries from AEROSOFT (not updated for the moment), these sceneries will work, but as mentioned before, four air-

planes are not working.So I installed the update from AEROFLY again, loosing the AEROSOFT sceneries, but have all updated airplanes working.

I will wait now for the updated sceneries from AEROSOFT.

regards

flybywire

• So.. IPACS releases an update that overwrites ALL you installed and purchased scenery. The New York Scenery, for example, that I paid for and used their installer put the files wherever it wanted /needed to I never chose any directory. The "update" erases all of it with NO warning precipitating a massive headache and now it's our fault THEIR old installers put files where they were supposed to go.

Keep going IPACS, you're losing customers and precipitating bad reviews. I am not able to use FS2 at all. So now what? Send me a refund for everything I have purchased and I will not darken your door again. Or FIX THE PROBLEM.

Rick