Scenery missing after DVD version update

• The installer removes outdated scenery and we have new installers for the scenery to restore it. It is correct that we remove all IPACS scenery which is required for the update to work correctly. So this is intentional and necessary.

The issue is that third party and user made scenery were installed in the same directory which our installer is unaware of. We always emphasize to never ever install anything custom into the default installation folders because it may be affected by automated processes such as installing a new update or by just running Aerofly FS. But we lack authority or control to ensure that this doesn't happen because in the end it's an open platform that accepts new paths in the root folder.

If you own a third party product and it doesn't allow you to change the path and it installes into the root directory and not into the Add On directory then please contact their support as well. Or let us know which products these were exactly so we can contact them.

• Please excuse my ignorance with this question. As a Steam user, apart from upside down windmills I have had no issues but I have thought about buying the DVD for use when internet is unavailable. How is the DVD version updated? Is it auto updated when the game is run or was there a website that the DVD users go to for their updates.

• Please excuse my ignorance with this question. As a Steam user, apart from upside down windmills I have had no issues but I have thought about buying the DVD for use when internet is unavailable. How is the DVD version updated? Is it auto updated when the game is run or was there a website that the DVD users go to for their updates.

I also have the DVD set and the latest Beta update and free DLC are here: https://aerofly.aerosoft.com/?lang=en

Best wishes, Michael :)

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB (November 2, 2020 at 10:19 AM).

• The main issue here is that some users have installed all the user created content into the main Aerofly FS 2 folder, this is not recommended and can cause all kind of issues. Doing so will cause a lot of confusion, because we have no control anymore on what files belong to our installer, what files have been overwritten and what files are no longer necessary. Please keep this in mind when complaining about us or the latest update.

So to stop any confusion in the future, please do not copy anything into the Aerofly FS 2 program folder.

The majority if not all of my scenery was installed on a different drive to the main application. Some of it got deleted, and some didn't. It didn't even seem consistent for a given source, e.g. some stuff from Aerosoft got deleted (Switzerland, for example), some didn't (e.g. Helgoland). So it wasn't even obvious what I needed to reinstall other than looking at the map.

• So here is the reply from IPACS. Essentially, a "Too Bad, reinstall everything." So much for customer service.

Dear Rotorrick,

Dear Sir,

any AddOn sceneries have to be installed again with the installer you get from the seller.

I guess I will not be buying anything else from IPACS and will let people know they will never admit to any mistakes. Who cares about paying customers, we'll just hoodwink more into buying. Their time has no value.

Most likely this will get deleted. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Rick

• I guess I will not be buying anything else from IPACS and will let people know they will never admit to any mistakes.

We admit that it was indeed a mistake to allow users or third parties to install anything into our root directory ;)

We apologize for any deletion of user made content by our installer but as stated before we essentially had to remove outdated scenery and it's needed to remove most of the scenery in the default installation folder for this update and install updated scenery using the respective installers.

Our installer should not just remove all scenery but first check which scenery is actually content from a purchased add-on or default scenery and just remove that. But we assumed that everyone kept their contents out of our default installation folder which is why we thought we could just remove it's contents all together (since nothing was supposed to be there).

I guess if it can go wrong it will go wrong.