Issue Report / DVD Update 2050309

• Hi there,

I am having issues since the last update:

(Besides that it uninstalled my paid Swiss, New York, Florida and also the freeware HIRes US Sceneries Nevada, Utah, etc.)

(I also dont know how to / from where to get it back.. any suggestions?)

I setup a Flightpaln (inside Cockpit FMC)

KSNA/KLAX

ORIG KSNA RWY19R

SID none

APP KLAX RNAV R06LZ

STAR none

Route Waypoints (automated)

NATHN - ALISN

PIC-01 / A320 seems to go DIRECT NATHN after activating AP. (Does not get back on Course)

PIC-02 / Initiated DESCEND (managed) A320 descends below VPATH (green DOT)

PIC-03 / 4.5 nm from NATHN A320 turns right (not following route)

PIC-04 / Next waypoint ALISN active (but A320 does not turn further onto it)

PIC-05 / AP switches to V/S Mode and HDG Mode

and thats it... I am lost...

Kind regards

Robert

• Hi Robert,

Not that its much help but you are not on your own. I have had all sorts of problems with the latest DVD update the main one being that about 700 GB of my home made scenery and cultivation was deleted by the installation. Other problems too with elevation cliffs across Great Britain, add on airports causing strange towers all around the runways. Then in the default USA scenery strange pillars along the runways, floating bridges in San Francisco, floating buildings and so it goes on.

This morning I un-installed all of FS 2 and I mean everything, cleaned the computer and did a reboot. Then made a clean install of the DVD set, tested working OK. Then downloaded and installed the Colorado USA pack tested OK. At the moment I'm downloading 1 of 8 scenery texture packs for South West USA. I will test this then do the update of awhile ago.

After all of this and only then I will reinstate all my scenery and cultivation.

Its been an interesting learning curve.

Good Luck.

Kindest Regards,

Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• Thank you Michael,

as I've lost all my non standard secenery too I really dont know how to get them back, do you have a link to the HiRes IPACS sceneries?

(Colorado, Utah, etc.)

Kind regards

Robert

• Here it is and you have to scroll to near the bottom of the page, it took me ages to find it so I have now book marked it for future use.

Plus saved a copy on my external hard drive just in case.

https://aerofly.aerosoft.com/?lang=en

Cheers Michael.

Oh great, thank you so much Michael,

I will download them and also put it on an external drive.

I guess I have to download the payware sceneries (Switzerland, Florida, New-York) from the store I once purchased them.

(Aerosoft perhaps)

Thank you again

Kind regards

Robert

• I don't have any payware scenery but guess if you download again with your security key it should work OK. I only use my own home made scenery and cultivation around 700 GB of it, thank heavens I have it backed up on my external hard drive. Its all available free at this web link: https://flight-sim.org/index.php?welcome-en/

Just click the map and select a country, it will then forward you to a page/s of scenery and or cultivation.

Cheers Michael.

• Ich habe das gleiche Problem, meine sämtlichen gekauften addons sowie mühsam installierte Freeware sind verschwunden.Das kann doch nicht wahr sein,

daß das Team von Ipacs einen solches update empfiehlt und dann das geamte Programm mit Ausnahme der Grundinstallation nicht mehr funktioniert.

Gibt es denn niemanden bei Ipacs, der ein solches update vor release testet? Ich habe auf jeden Fall keine Lust mehr ,mich mit den unausgereiften Produkten und Entwicklungen von Ipacs zu befassen .Die Konkurrenz wartet.

• Ich habe das gleiche Problem, meine sämtlichen gekauften addons sowie mühsam installierte Freeware sind verschwunden.Das kann doch nicht wahr sein,

daß das Team von Ipacs einen solches update empfiehlt und dann das geamte Programm mit Ausnahme der Grundinstallation nicht mehr funktioniert.

Gibt es denn niemanden bei Ipacs, der ein solches update vor release testet? Ich habe auf jeden Fall keine Lust mehr ,mich mit den unausgereiften Produkten und Entwicklungen von Ipacs zu befassen .Die Konkurrenz wartet.

Yes, that is annoying.

But let me tell you: THE competitor is even more buggy..

Software development isn't an easy task. Well, how do I know?

Regards

Robert

• The current Aerofly FS 2 update version 2.05.03.09 for DVD users and for users who purchased Aerofly FS 2 through Aerosoft deletes all airports and places inside the main scenery folder. This also causes our own DLCs to get removed from Aerofly FS 2. This step was necessary as those DLCs ( e.g. Switzerland, Colorado and so on ) also received updated installers. We hope Aerosoft will offer they soon on their website, we have sent them the updates installers.

As mentioned previously, please do NOT install user created scenery into the Aerofly FS 2 program folder, mixing these can and will cause all kind of issues, it is not recommended. Instead create a folder 'Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator AddOns' at the same folder level as 'Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator'. Then create a folder 'scenery' in their and copy all user stuff into this folder. This way your Addons stay separate from the main installation and will stay persistent across updates.

• Even worse is that I have made a clean install from my DVD set and working OK. I then went to a saved web page showing the update which I wrongly assumed was the working one I used 2 years ago and installed that to find its the latest update with all the problems.

Why o why can we not have a web page with download links to each past update with their appropriate dates so we can update our flight sims as preferred by the individual user dependant on the computer system in use.

So I have now uninstalled FS 2 for the second time and reinstalling my DVD set as I type.

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB (October 29, 2020 at 6:45 PM).

• Do we know which versions are the updated ones for e.g. Switzerland and Northeastern US? The Aerosoft site shows the version number, but not sure which ones relate to this latest update.

And yes, I do agree it would've been nice to have known it would delete all this beforehand.

• I have not seen any updates on the DLC on the aerosoft platform. In installed the latest installers and it definitely installed inside the regular aerofly folder ;)

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• My main install is on my C Drive. The beta update deleted the scenery that it did delete (which wasn't all of it), from my D drive, which is where I installed it to. On reinstalling, it installed it back on my D drive, so the update would appear to have deleted stuff from places other than the original installation directory.

• @psionmark: The update installer only deletes places in the following folder: 'Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator/scenery/places/'. This step was necessary because all airports moved to a new place, we would have double airports, so this step was required. This in effect caused user sceneries copied into the same folder to get removed as well ( thats why you shouldn't copy anything in there ). To restore Aerofly FS 2 to where it was, ensure you just repeat the DLC installation of Switzerland, Colorado and any other scenery you purchased. But keep the user sceneries out of there.

• Good advice, I have done everything you mentioned.All sceneries working fine(addons and user sceneries) except one: If I move to San Francisco Int.

all airplanes and buildings are hanging in the air. Airports around are all ok, the problem is only San Fr. What is wrong? San Francisco worked fine

before the latest update.

Another question:Where can I find a tutorial explaining start-up with cold and dark cockpit? (a320, learjet)

regards

flybywire

• Another question:Where can I find a tutorial explaining start-up with cold and dark cockpit? (a320, learjet)

Here is an example for the a320:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version, Intel Core i7 3770, 3,4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 1050 ti