"Low" priced gaming laptops execute FS2 very well

• I use the Lenovo legion y545 with the Odyssey +HMD it works flawlessly. The feeling of true immersion is unmatched by any other sim. I wish more scenery would be developed like Seattle area. I have MSFS2020 and can already tell my rig will probably have a hard time running the vr. I don’t think it will be anywhere as smooth as Aerofly. I absolutely love this sim and hope they continue to service it.

• This is largely due to the fact that the Acer Nitro 5 gets very hot. I almost bought this model, but I had a lot of problems and a slightly more expensive superior notebook from another brand appeared and it is running super well in VULKAN Ultra Settings Full HD soon I will test in 4K for sure that it will run at 60-120 FPS.

What’s your specs? I’m buying a new pc in a year or so with a RTX2070 Super, i7 10th gen 3.60 to 5.00GHz! Also 16gb ram but probably going to get more like 32. What is my fps going to be with this new system in Aerofly FS2020 pc?

Hi I am a flight simmer who loves aviation.

• What’s your specs? I’m buying a new pc in a year or so with a RTX2070 Super, i7 10th gen 3.60 to 5.00GHz! Also 16gb ram but probably going to get more like 32. What is my fps going to be with this new system in Aerofly FS2020 pc?

My specifications: Intel Core I7 9th generation with a NVIDIA GTX 1660TI 6GB VRAM and 8GB RAM Full HD IPS 60 Hz running with VULKAN at 120 FPS (stable), in Paris for example where the heavy scenarios are at least 60 FPS all in Ultra configuration. Soon I will test in 4K as soon as my monitor arrives I believe it will be at 45 FPS up to 120 FPS.

According to your settings I believe it will run smooth as a sheet of paper even if you want to run at 5K ^^:D

Maybe you run between 144 FPS and 60 FPS at least with everything in the ultra.

Regards,

Lucas

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .

Edited once, last by Lucas Bravo (November 19, 2020 at 8:07 PM).

• Well, is that really a relatively low priced gaming notebook? ;)

I almost went crazy and unmotivated by the high prices due to the high dollar. The price was reasonable, besides I ended up getting a promotion of those pre black friday that gave me 25% discount making a notebook of this "low price" configuration, but not cheap, I also prepared myself throughout the year to buy a machine more powerful not only for the AFS2 but also for my work as a structural designer who needs heavy programs as well, but as I mentioned above it is not necessary to buy a notebook with these configurations, a GTX1050,1650 8GB RAM is already worth high FPS rates.

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .

• Oh dear, I'm just flying on my fathers mid-class gaming PC, and Aerofly runs in Full-HD 60 Hz, Vulkan with V-sync, AA and Lensflares on, Ultra settings, mostly stable at 60fps. Man, this looks good. Maybe I have to upgrade to a real gaming notebook....;(

• To go along with a low priced PC or laptop (and as long as you already have a Facebook account ), you can get the Quest2 VR HMD for $299 with maybe some sort of a discount and get great VR with AFS2! Either wirelessly or with a $15 USB-A to USB-C cable, you will get great performance for not too much $$ and the clarity and FOV is almost as good as a Reverb g1 or G2.

Dave W.

• While "preparing" for FS4 by installing the latest AMD Radeon driver where Vulkan actually works with Aerofly (fingers crossed), I used the provided AMD software to find out why the frame rate after a fresh start is almost double to what it becomes after a couple of minutes into flying.

I noticed that the VRAM memory clock speed drops quite a bit, but even more so did the GPU speed itself. Obviously this was temperature related - above 60 degrees the GPU is throttled a lot. My zenbook is pretty slim, and Asus certainly tried to avoid users getting burnt legs from a too hot notebook underside. I did some research and found the tool Ryzen Controller where I could change some parameters that allowed the CPU to boost the GPU for a longer time. GPU speed and VRAM speeds now stayed quite high, and Aerofly stayed between around 55 fps, and didn`t drop to 20 or something.

In order to keep the temperatures in check I bought a notebook rack with integrated fans, and I keep a close look at the core and GPU temperatures, but with the cooling rack core temp stays below 75.

This still doesn`t make my Zenbook a gaming device, but Aerofly runs sufficiently now. I bought the FS2022 for the iPad, but even with low settings Aerofly looks so much better on PC, let alone having a bigger screen, much more comfort in cockpit interaction with the mouse and the ability to assign trimming to my additional buttons/paddels on the Xbox Elite 2 controller.

Looking forward to Aerofly FS4 now!

Cheers,

Patrick

• Hi, yes AFS2 runs well on lower end laptops. i loved playing it on mine. The only problem is of course storage! My commandeered PC has a couple of TB of space in the hard drive but my laptop was getting very sluggish loading FS2. I did install most sceneries on an external drive but it is not the same. I am playing with MSFS 20 at the moment whilst awaiting the release of AFS4 and surprisingly that runs well on my laptop too! Not at 120 fps though, just around the mid 20's but certainly fast enough to get to learn the new program. I like laptops but you really cannot beat a nice fast PC with a BIG screen. :)