Thank you for your wonderful EC135 bird, BUT ......

• ....why has it no correct landing crash detection ?( ??????

Dear developers, I'm really puzzled about this issue; and it's completely opposite to your previous Robinson helicopter !!!

You are putting so much effort and enthusiasm into your big projects. I think it would be better to finish and complement these projects instead of leaving them half-baked.

I've done various crazy landing tests with insane vertical velocity rates numerous of times up to now; from different altitudes, up to more than 2000 feets above ground.

Always with the same result: IPACS's Eurocopter doesn't crash if it lands on its feets (the skids must be made of Kryptonite or some other alien metal). The copter just bounces a few inches above the landing area, and nothing happens, WITHOUT any consequences left - you can start another flight immediately.

Sorry guys, but this is soooo arcadish, and completely against your high expectations regarding quality. It would be great if you can fix this absurdity as soon as possible, because the rest of this bird is well done and doesn't deserve this.

ANNOTATION: A helicopter landing rate tool - similar to Freed Naars legendary HTR Tool (gorgeous freeware from former HoverControl) would be a great addition for your helicopter hangar. Even developers like DCS, P3D, XPlane have nothing like this for their helos.

Best regards to all of you ;)

PS: Will there be a professional flight model for the EC135 anytime soon, similar to the R22 ?

Edited once, last by KalEl (November 3, 2020 at 9:36 AM).

• This is simply because we're a flight simulator and not a crash simulator. You also cannot break off the wings on most airplanes and I'm sure you can do some terrible landings with most airplanes in our sim and get away with it. At the moment it's not our goal to invest much time into making a pretty crash animation and we instead focus on bringing more flight related elements into the sim. ;)

Also there is only one flight model for the R22 which is the professional flight model. There is no other flight model just an assistance turned on to keep keep the nose pointing straight ahead for you. Similarly the EC 135 already has the "professional flight model".

As for a touch down landing rate detection: I just use the instant replay for this...

• This is simply because we're a flight simulator and not a crash simulator. You also cannot break off the wings on most airplanes and I'm sure you can do some terrible landings with most airplanes in our sim and get away with it. At the moment it's not our goal to invest much time into making a pretty crash animation and we instead focus on bringing more flight related elements into the sim. ;)

Also there is only one flight model for the R22 which is the professional flight model. There is no other flight model just an assistance turned on to keep keep the nose pointing straight ahead for you. Similarly the EC 135 already has the "professional flight model".

As for a touch down landing rate detection: I just use the instant replay for this...

Wow, team ipacs what an epic and extraordinary response .. Keep working on important things, nobody cares about animations about crashing planes or helicopters .. The objective of a simulator is to pretend to fly an airplane or helicopter properly .. The goal is to fly not crash .. Congratulations .. They are the best 👏👏👏👏👏👏✈️🚁

• Hi! Just to add my 2cts, I've been flying IL-2 for a long time (which has very good modelling of edge of the envelope flying and crash landings), just got FS2 with the latest steam sale. I confess that I do miss the modelling of my not so great landings. I understand you don't do full damage modelling, but a bit more feedback on how bad my landing was would be a really nice improvement :)

• This is simply because we're a flight simulator and not a crash simulator. .....much time into making a pretty crash animation....

Well, you've read my official post not carefully obviously.

I have written: " ....why has it no correct landing crash detection ."

It's something completely different in the meaning compared to crash animation.

Once again: I'm meaning crash detection as mentioned above.

All your planes, including the Robinson R22, even LarryLynx's recently published Apache Helicopter are simulating a simple crash detection ; but not so your EC135.

Just try it for yourself instead of complainig about my post in a false way !

Just rise with the EC135 e.g 1000 feets above ground, cut off the collective, cut off the throttle, and guide the bird through slight corrections horizontally straight into the ground (it must land with insane vertical speed on its skids ).

And look what happens !!!

Exactely: Nothing will happen, and the EC135 will not eject into the "orbit" like all your other models if something went wrong.

Even completely unlike to your R22; wich will eject if you exceed the correct landing speeds ; Larrys models also behave in the same expectable manner, but not IPACS's new Eurocopter. And you guys even have not to invent something new, because it's already there and implemented in the sim - it's just a question of correction and tuning.

• LOL Kryptonite😂😂 You made my day! I never though there will be a sentence like that on any flight simulation forum😀👍 Thank you!

Hi I am a flight simmer who loves aviation.

• No it's not Kryptonite, it's a new anti-gravity system invented by Master Obi Jan Kenobi....may the force be with him:thumbup:

Yea :).  Sadly, Jedis tend to be arrogant !

This Obi Jan Haustenobi even has not answered my question " if the EC135 will have a professionl flight model in the future ? " (see my first entry post).

Well, such a behaviour reflects the overbearing stance of IPACS's developers in dealing with their customers in a very classy way.

• Please let's all stay friendly her.

Adjusting the internal parameters to give the EC135 a realistic crash detection is difficult and requires careful tuning. We wanted to delay this until a future update.

As for the professional flight model, the EC135 already has a 'professional flight model' and is setup to fly like the real one. The R22 Profi mode just disables our internal stabilisation mode, so it flies as 'nervous' as the real one. However due to the missing acceleration feedback for the pilot in a Flight Simulator, we have created this special stabilisation mode.

• This Obi Jan Haustenobi even has not answered my question " if the EC135 will have a professionl flight model in the future ? " (see my first entry post).

Please read my reply...

Similarly the EC 135 already has the "professional flight model".

There is no "non-professional" flight model.

• Please let's all stay friendly her.

Adjusting the internal parameters to give the EC135 a realistic crash detection is difficult and requires careful tuning. We wanted to delay this until a future update.

As for the professional flight model, the EC135 already has a 'professional flight model' and is setup to fly like the real one. The R22 Profi mode just disables our internal stabilisation mode, so it flies as 'nervous' as the real one. However due to the missing acceleration feedback for the pilot in a Flight Simulator, we have created this special stabilisation mode.

Okay, thank's a lot for your profound and inspiring answer :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:, it explains a lot to me.

And it's very motivating and good to hear that you guys are still hanging on to improve the EC135, because i really appreciate this new helicopter. It's almost the perfect aircraft to discover sceneries, because it's so fast and you can land with it almost everywhere.

I only mentioned Fred Naars legendary HTR Tool in my first post, because I'm a real lover of realistic helicopter flight physics/dynamics, and appreciate Fred's work (it's freeware) a lot.

Staying within realistic helicopter landing parameters is very crucial for a heli-pilot, and a simple, small tool (alike the HTR tool) which rates your landing performance in an instant would be great (especially for real world pilots). But of course: It's up to you, and my words are only a suggestion ;) , NOT a demand.

All the best.

• My question goes to EC-135 Eurocopter experts:

I can do some serious aerobatics stuff with IPACS's EC135 within the simulation, like barrel rolls, spins, even loops.

Is it realistic, and is the real aircraft capable of this, alike the mighty BO-105 (oh man, this would be a gorgeous heli for Aerofly FS2 too :huh: ) ?

Thanks in advance and kind regards

• Sure it "can", but it is not certified for aerobatics.

The EC135 rotorsystem is very similar to the Bo105. However the bearingless rotor is not designed for "unusual" loads. Theoreticaly it can do most of the stuff, the Bo can, as well.

You can prove it quite easily. Just try it in the sim. The Aerodynamics and mechanics and so on are completely SIMULATED. There is no fake in there. There might or might not be minor differences in feeling or handling but the general simulation is very good and reflects what a real higeless rotorsystem does.

(Just like our R22 reflects a tethering rotor very well)

• Sure it "can", but it is not certified for aerobatics.....

Of course I tried all these maneuvers already; and over my intense testing phase it made me wonder how nimble this bird is rendered.

I also appreciate how IPACS has modelled the FENESTRON, and how ineffective it becomes during increasing speeds of forward flight.

Thank you for your informative reply ;).

Edited once, last by KalEl (November 6, 2020 at 5:28 AM).