Ec135: How to get from point A to point B with navigation ???.

• Congratulate the gentlemen of Aerofly Fs2 for the impressive Ec135 helicopter, its amazing !!!! it is a real wonder to fly it !!!!, what incredible sensations in vr !!!!, I liked it so much that I want to go deeper with the helicopter and learn to make useful and productive flights with it.

I have a challenge to overcome, I am a complete beginner in meaningful flight, now I do silly flights without knowing where I am going, this is something that will tire me and I will leave it.

How can I face flying with a goal ?????

Where are there missions to perform with the Ec135 ????

AND WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT, please would someone be so kind to tell me in a simple way as meter in the navigation instrumentation in a way that is as simple as possible as going from point A to point B ????

In this way I will make flights with a destination, with a purpose, now as I don't know how to get from point A to point B, I dedicate myself to flying in continuous turns and this is something that will end up tiring me.

Please give me some small indications so that my flights on the wonderful aerofly fs2 and its impressive ec135 have a meaning, a goal.

Thank you very much for helping this beginner in the amazing world of aerofly fs 2 and its wonderful eurocopter.

Any help to understand how to do useful things with the instrumentation and navigation will be greatly appreciated.

Greetings friends.

• You can create a basic route with the flight plan menu by selecting your origin and destination airport.

Then in the sim you can tell the EC135 to fly the route by selecting the NMS navigation source (should already be set per default I think) and then push the NAV button on the autopilot once you are in the air.

See the wiki page for more infos on how to use the EC135 autopilot: https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.…c135_helicopter

• You can create a basic route with the flight plan menu by selecting your origin and destination airport.

Then in the sim you can tell the EC135 to fly the route by selecting the NMS navigation source (should already be set per default I think) and then push the NAV button on the autopilot once you are in the air.

See the wiki page for more infos on how to use the EC135 autopilot: https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.…c135_helicopter

Thank you very much for your quick response, when you tell me to activate the autopilot, does this mean that I will fly the ec135 for me ???, I am the one who wants to pilot the ec135, not that the machine does it for me, my ignorance in these matters are great. Another question if you are so kind, I want to pilot the ec135 in realistic mode, I read in a message of yours hsce time that for this you have to press a red button on the helicopter to be able to pilot it without any help, where is that red button? ??

Thank you very much for helping this beginner.

• The realistic mode is with autopilot engaged. That is standard operating procedure before taking off. It's not a hands off experience though until you select a higher mode like the NAV mode or the ALT hold mode.

If you push the red button on the cyclic stick you disable the autopilot and the stability augmentation system. You then have a helicopter without assistance. In the real world you wouldn't fly like this though according to our pilots.

• I am the one who wants to pilot the ec135, not that the machine does it for me, my ignorance in these matters are great. Another question if you are so kind, I want to pilot the ec135 in realistic mode

Thank you very much for helping this beginner.

Can I suggest flying the R22 for real hands on helicopter flying, it's so basic and requires good handling, of course there's no integral navigation system so it won't meet your needs for navigating unless using the generic map. The EC135 is at the other end of the scale, it is designed to be very easy to fly and navigate (it's really a very stable mission platform). It can be flown without the autopilot engaged of course and can be a bit of a handful. Our 6 monthly check includes a portion with take off and landing without the AP engaged just to make sure we're up to it!

• If your goal is to learn navigation and to fly at the same time, may I suggest flying a C172, it's way more stable.

Helicopters have a nasty habit of not staying still, bit like trying to balance a ball on top of another ball. So whilst your trying to understand where you are going the helicopter will most likely go off in another direction whilst your not keeping an eye on it. Once you know the basics of navigation then yes fly the R22, get comfortable with that then move on to the other helicopters. Automation is great but you still need the basics.

Yes it's boring flying a C172 but it's that way for a reason, you learn what you need without it biting your backside when your not looking,

Steve