• Today in warm Adelaide it is overcast and as I sit here at my laptop I hear thunder rumbling. That sort of prompted the question .... has any sim ever modeled thunder storms? Flying through extreme weather would certainly encourage edge of the seat immersion I am thinking. =O

• This might be of interest:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You could also buy FSUIPC, which lets you set up levels of turbulence, and things like Active Sky and REX for scary clouds and effects, or even realwxlite for just the weather. Trouble was, they made heavy demands on the GPU and not many cards could handle that at the time, so FPS went through the floor.

I remember some guys who simulated the NOAA hurricane research flight in Connies, and there might still be some of their videos around

Also, you need a full-motion platform to get the real feel, otherwise you just sit in front of the screen with an uncontrollable plane.

Edited once, last by emfrat (November 22, 2020 at 3:25 AM).

• of course :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/det…r.free&hl=de_AT

But ...for a flightsim ... thunderstorms rumblings are not really nice to have for me.

There are plenty of tons other things before .. i want to have :)

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• I never saw a darker sky than in Australia, the only place where I saw water pouring down the inside of a door. For some turbulence though northern Europe in stormy winter is as good as anywhere.

You need to have your head violently swung say hard left and instantly need to put in a bootful of rudder hard right, kick the pedal on the side of the up-going wing! This would really be for the inner ears more than the visuals.

Perhaps a servo actuated helmet and neck brace with age related safety limits? No need to fling the entire pilot, seat, pedals, panel and display assembly about, leave something for the imagination.

• I never saw a darker sky than in Australia, the only place where I saw water pouring down the inside of a door. For some turbulence though northern Europe in stormy winter is as good as anywhere.

You need to have your head violently swung say hard left and instantly need to put in a bootful of rudder hard right, kick the pedal on the side of the up-going wing! This would really be for the inner ears more than the visuals.

Perhaps a servo actuated helmet and neck brace with age related safety limits? No need to fling the entire pilot, seat, pedals, panel and display assembly about, leave something for the imagination.

I've flown cross-country a fair bit although trans-continental is a more appropriate term given the size of Australia and it is best viewed at low level. Problem: guaranteed severe turbulence with big wings. That's a problem in an aircraft with massive exposed titanium spars above your head. So padding on the spars and your head are essential, even in winter.

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F