Aircraft not changing skins

• Hi all, I have noticed that when I select a different paint job on a plane such as the C172 it ignores my selection and stays with the N51911 model. This is happening with most of my planes. The
    Justflight C152 for another example is stuck on the G-BGAE skin even though I can clearly see I have selected something else in my aircraft hangar. Anyone else having these problems please :?:

• Yes, I have exactly the same problem, since I chanced from the DVD-version to steam. To "solve" this problem first off, I choosed a livery, wich I use normally, and deleted the others. So there's only one livery and no possibility to chance. Certainly I'm not happy with this way, but I have not had time yet to clear this solution...

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version, Intel Core i7 3770, 3,4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 1050 ti

• I have discovered that you need an option.tmc file in your particular aircraft skin folder as it replaces the repaint.tmr file. I discovered by looking in the Developers: General and Aircraft forum.

Edited once, last by AOB (November 25, 2020 at 10:03 AM).

• Just Flight is aware of the option.tmc file and their recent products all feature it. The Steam versions of their products also have been updated to the new option.tmc files. I'm not sure if these files are available for the customers if you chose to buy it from the JF page as a stand-alone.

The option.tmc has been around for 1.5 years if I'm not mistaken. Plenty of time to switch to the new file but it doesn't seem like the user created repaints have been updated at all. We don't have access to these user made uploads, otherwise we could have automatically processed them.

But back to my first question: Is this only affecting user made repaints and third party aircraft, or are default aircraft (without user made repaints) affected as well?

• This is affecting user made repaints and third party aircraft bought outside steam like JustFlight. I bought the C152, Duchess 76, and the Turbo Arrow from the JustFlight site in late 2019.

I just re-downloaded the C152 and it does not feature the option.tmc and only the default C152 is flyable although all skins appear in preview. The same applies to my user third party skins for the b747 and c172 although I copied the option.tmc out of the steam aircraft folder into those folders and got them working. I cannot do this for the JustFlight planes.

Edited once, last by AOB (November 25, 2020 at 10:04 AM).

• You are saying it is not your fault and that JustFlight is ignoring your advice/direction to change their files. As predicted, this means I will have to get onto them. I can hardly wait for your next update. If your program was not so good there would be a stampede to MSFS.

Well we made a change to the option.tmc and left legacy support in for quite a while. I'm not sure we intended to remove this legacy repaint.tmr support this soon, so this is on us. Fact is that the Steam versions of the Just Flight aircraft have been update but the ones from their website apparently have not. I'll get in touch with Just Flight so that they can update their versions as well.

• Well we made a change to the option.tmc and left legacy support in for quite a while. I'm not sure we intended to remove this legacy repaint.tmr support this soon, so this is on us. Fact is that the Steam versions of the Just Flight aircraft have been update but the ones from their website apparently have not. I'll get in touch with Just Flight so that they can update their versions as well.

Thank you. I know I can be a grumpy old sod but your help is appreciated.

• For those of you with the same problem this is how I fixed mine. First find a plane with the option.tmc file in it. I used the c172 blue_wave found in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Simulator\aircraft\c172\blue_wave folder and highlighted the file name then went control C to copy it.

Next I went to my Documents\Aerofly FS2\aircraft\c172\oofce (or whatever plane you want to fix) and hit control V to paste the option.tmc file into the target folder. I did that for each plane that I was having difficulties with including those justflight ones.

Then go through and delete all the repaint.tmr files that are in those airplane folders. Do not empty the trash yet just in case of difficulties. (If you have problems you can always restore those files from the trash).

That should fix the problems. You can if you want change the option.tmc file if you open it with notepad and take out blue-wave and substitute the name of the aircraft folder eg. SP-OLD, but it should not be necessary. You will then find that anything you select in preview will be the plane that you end up flying.

• Oooh, really sorry AOB, I just read your post, I had previously on the thread sent an explanation with this problem,

however, only concerns third party models and not those of IPACS.

Glad you solved the problem yourself.;)

Best regards

Pascal

Updates affect classic repaints for Lear45

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• At the moment there is no update for Just Flight yet? I have personally made the request in the past, and to be at least sure, it is better to do it yourself.

Now I don't buy anything outside of Steam anymore.

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• At the moment there is no update for Just Flight yet? I have personally made the request in the past, and to be at least sure, it is better to do it yourself.

Now I don't buy anything outside of Steam anymore.

If you only have the steam versions of their products then you should already have the updated versions.

If not please let us know ...