Aerofly FS 2 - Steam Update Navigation Improvements

• JAN best regards, I just flew a test flight from Colorado KCOS to Denver KDEN after the last navigation update, I only noticed a single problem:

1- When zooming in on the ND I realized that the plane is sailing deviated (parallel) from the line, but in the same direction it happens after a sharp turn, but nothing that gets in the way of the flight.

The update resolved:

1- After the Tutorial I was able to choose the flight plan better and this solved quite a few problems, for example, the automatic copilot performed unwanted movements when triggering it on landing, now it performs the movement perfectly, placed on the plane safely on the ground.

2- The PFD now shows CAT3 Duall or Single in the approach phase in Autoland before it showed CAT1.

3- Solved the problem of curves that I have already mentioned here: Waypoints.

Regards,

Lucas

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .

Edited once, last by Lucas Bravo (December 10, 2020 at 2:36 PM).

• 1- After the Tutorial I was able to choose the flight plan better and this solved quite a few problems, for example, the automatic copilot performed unwanted movements when triggering it on landing, now it performs the movement perfectly, placed on the plane safely on the ground.

Regards,

Lucas

Can you tell us what you did before? Then we can fix these issues as well. What were or were you not doing before that we can replicate?

The green line on the navigation display shows you the planned flight plan. There are many situations where the flight plan just instructs the autopilot to fly directly to the next waypoint. Then it ignores the planned path and heads directly to the next waypoint as instructed. This is a desired behavior but at some point we want to update the route that is drawn on the display to reflect that you are flying directly to the next waypoint. It should then draw the line from your present position to the next waypoint instead.

• Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

What Lucas Bravo meant is that in this example the A320 will a bit shortcut BUSBY or SKIPP (probably this waypoint). Nothing that wasted the flight. The flight followed its way finally.

iPhone 12 Pro / A320 PRESEL SPEED 194 then 220 / Traffic ON.

I met things like this with iPad Pro 11-inch 2018 somewhere in the world ;).

Best regards & thank you all again for this gorgeous new version.

• Can you tell us what you did before? Then we can fix these issues as well. What were or were you not doing before that we can replicate?

The green line on the navigation display shows you the planned flight plan. There are many situations where the flight plan just instructs the autopilot to fly directly to the next waypoint. Then it ignores the planned path and heads directly to the next waypoint as instructed. This is a desired behavior but at some point we want to update the route that is drawn on the display to reflect that you are flying directly to the next waypoint. It should then draw the line from your present position to the next waypoint instead.

Yes I can just give me an hour. I will talk about it in more detail.

Regards,

Lucas

Regards,

Lucas

• Hello Jan, what I was doing before was to create a flight plan in which I chose a runway departure and arrival, right after that I only added waypoints. After I saw the tutorial I created a different flight plan I choose a runway departure and arrival, right after I select the type of departure and arrival that is displayed in the menu options as you did there in the tutorial, I don't edit and do not add no waypoint as before. With that, the plane seems to recognize the route very well and make a more stable approach and only then the automatic copilot works.

This situation is also valid for mobile versions.

I will make more test flights on it.

Take a look:

Before (problematic)

(Copilot does not work very well).

After (no problem)

(Copilot work).

Regards,

Lucas

• I really like Aerofly even more than Flight Simulator 2020, but I'm disappointed that I don't have scenery for Brazil, when will we have them?

There is a nice and relative extended area around Sao Paulo, see https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index.php?filebase/122

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• Hello Jet-Pack (IPACS) , how are you, friend? So when flying to three different destinations I noticed something strange in them as shown below, the plane is flying out of line with the programmed navigation line but in the same direction, besides being slightly misaligned during the entire flight time on the artificial horizon as if the plane were crooked shown in the capture below, this occurs in the pc and android version identical problems. Not all destinations do this.

Look carefully the airplane's bank angle is misaligned to the right

Below the destinations that got this problem

KSJC/30R - KSNA/19R (I19R)

KPSP/13R - KSJC/30L (I30L)

KVCV/17 - KSJC/30L (I30L)

Regards,

Lucas

• I'm a noob to Aerofly, Flight Simulators in general, and to the principles of flying. Flight School has been a good intro (honestly equivalent to the few sessions of MSFS2020 I tried on a PC) to piloting an aircraft. Still I found lesson #6/21 (see attached photo) very finicky on my steam platform operating Mac. It seems as if the coaching/evaluation is being focused on time-responsiveness rather than accuracy. This makes sense in the need for a relatively responsive 180deg turn... yet i'm curious if anyone else finds lesson6 more challenging than any of the others? And if so if it is system dependent, or just a nuance of Aerofly. (btw~i've acheived 2/3stars on all other challenges?! this one's a tuffy for me) Cheers, Nathan