New Mobile Version of Aerofly FS Confirmed! Thoughts, predictions, and other comments about the new release?

• Well, it's now official, a new version of Aerofly FS will be released "real soon" (in the words of admin). See my prior thread here: RE: Aerofly FS 2019 Deleted and FS 2020 Price Change?

What do you think about the new release? What new sceneries, aircraft, and other features do you expect to find in this newer version of Aerofly? How do you feel about FS 2019 being removed, as some say that it served those with less powerful devices? There's a ton to unpack from this news and I'm excited to discuss it! ^^

• 5minuteflightschool December 5, 2020 at 3:52 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “New Mobile of Aerofly FS Confirmed! Thoughts, predictions, and other comments about the new release?” to “New Mobile Version of Aerofly FS Confirmed! Thoughts, predictions, and other comments about the new release?”.
  • Well, it's now official, a new version of Aerofly FS will be released "real soon" (in the words of admin). See my prior thread here: RE: Aerofly FS 2019 Deleted and FS 2020 Price Change?

What do you think about the new release? What new sceneries, aircraft, and other features do you expect to find in this newer version of Aerofly? How do you feel about FS 2019 being removed, as some say that it served those with less powerful devices? There's a ton to unpack from this news and I'm excited to discuss it! ^^

I don't mind paying 10 dollars or more, the game is worth it .. It's incredible .. It has a lot of quality .. It is the best flight simulator for phones, I hope that the new version of aerofly 2021, has new regions to fly, especially android devices, ios has the region of Switzerland, hopefully this version android devices we can fly in Switzerland, we also want new planes, I have a wish list, boeing 737-800 NG, boeing 787 dreamliner, boeing 737 max, airbus 320 neo , airbus 321 neo, airbus a330, airbus a350, crj1000, crj900, embraer e195, airbus 220, Atr 600, TBM 930 ...

• I don't mind paying 10 dollars or more, the game is worth it .. It's incredible .. It has a lot of quality .. It is the best flight simulator for phones, I hope that the new version of aerofly 2021, has new regions to fly, especially android devices, ios has the region of Switzerland, hopefully this version android devices we can fly in Switzerland, we also want new planes, I have a wish list, boeing 737-800 NG, boeing 787 dreamliner, boeing 737 max, airbus 320 neo , airbus 321 neo, airbus a330, airbus a350, crj1000, crj900, embraer e195, airbus 220, Atr 600, TBM 930 ...

I agree, the value of the game will be worth it. No subscriptions, just a one time payment. It's a system that makes it much preferable over the other sims. And I agree, it's the best platform for mobile devices.

For aircraft, I have an extensive wishlist too, but they are a smaller team, and they don't rush their products (which is why the quality is so high). I know that they don't plan on a 738 anytime soon because it would be too much to redo, and it would be like building another plane from scratch when considering the differences between the -500 and -800.

My immediate wish is the Embraer 175. I'd also hope in the future to see A320 variants come out (318-321), as it make "flying the line" seem much more realistic. I'm also hoping to see rain.

Either way, I may dream all I want; the IPACS team works hard, and I know that I will be able to appreciate the new release!

• I'm really hoping for the E-175 or CRJ-200/700/900. It would cover a ton of routes with the regions we already have.

Also hoping for Arizona to get HD scenery.

I agree; the E-175 is my #1 spot on the "Aerofly Wish List" so to speak. It fits the current available map so well.

I wonder how scenery will work with this new app? There is a 4 GB limit on the app store, so maybe the sceneries will be download in packages, or it will be streamed? I don't know for sure, but as Aerofly grows it will need to work around the 4 GB constraint somehow.

I'm hoping to see Florida scenery as I live there, but realistically I expect to see the Pacific-Northwest added in next.

• Yeah well I think we should get the PNW in this release as the devs have mentioned it before, I’m not sure what new aircraft they have brought in, especially with corona meaning they can’t go and photograph real aircraft as easily. Also like Flyish im hoping for HD Arizona scenery and jetways to come back at airports cos they got removed in a recent iOS patch

• I'd be suprised to see features or content that go way beyond desktop, as they mentioned they share more or less the same code. So, getting the same official scenerys e.g. those offered on Steam would already be great. Saying that, we have the A380 in mobile, but not on desktop, so, who knows...

• Oh yeah, I’m thinking the feature is cold and dark on the 777 and 747 👀 but yeah also hoping for proper pushback, the PNW scenery is most likely coming, I also hope Arizona gets HD scenery as well. We will have to see next week as the game will probably drop in the next week, week and a half 🤔

• Oh yeah, I’m thinking the feature is cold and dark on the 777 and 747

Cold and dark on 777 is great, but that's not a "new major feature". I think it might be ground service in airports, like push back vehicles, cargo trucks, etc… as developers have mentioned this before.

Check this:

3) Push back: This needs to be done right. We want the push back truck to have it's own physics simulations so that it will be impossible to have the wheels pointing in one direction and have the truck moving in a different direction like you see in "other simulators". We also don't want to constantly teleport the aircraft during push back "like in other sims". The push back truck should obey all laws of physics while it is attached to the aircraft. We don't have it in the sim because we do not want to just hack this in and cause us a headache later on, we want to do this right. The system for loading physics and the push back truck model should also be able to load e.g. an aircraft carrier or other moving vehicles that you can land on, a glider winch, a tow plane, a fuel truck, etc. Combined all this will take less time to implement than hacking in each of these features. But we're still busy with other important features.

Edited 3 times, last by Alex zza (December 5, 2020 at 3:18 PM).

• Unless they can implement a global on demand download of sceneries to keep storage issues on mobile i think selling more packages like switzerland is the way to go. That way we might get less to fly but the quality is way higher and I would rather have that than a pancake ‘world’ like the competition...Switzerland for example is mind blowing on a mobile device. Unless your device has more space you can still upload and remove regions if needed to free up space according to your flight plan. Otherwise the game is perfect as it is. Wish for landing lights, push back, night lights like Denver. Thanks Ipacs!

• Will my iPad Pro 2018 support the new 2021 version and when will it have Florida region please let me know thank you

1) yes most likely an iPad Pro should be able to cope with AF2021.

2) the devs have never said Florida is coming soon. I think the scenery in question like I’ve said so many times before is the Pacific Northwest I.E Portland and Seattle. Also hd Arizona scenery would be great, the low res is the one reason I don’t fly in Arizona currently

• Will my iPad Pro 2018 support the new 2021 version and when will it have Florida region please let me know thank you

If this iPad (same than mine) does not support it. I fear that only the iPhone 11+ and iPad Pro 2020+ would be the only devices in the mobile world to be able to run it.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Actually yeah that’s a thing to consider. After the a320 cold and dark update with Arizona sids stars etc my iPhone XR was barely able to run aerofly 2020 without lagging slightly. I’m hoping that my current 2018 iPad will be able to run the new game, before I have to get a replacement

• Yeah well I think we should get the PNW in this release as the devs have mentioned it before, I’m not sure what new aircraft they have brought in, especially with corona meaning they can’t go and photograph real aircraft as easily. Also like Flyish im hoping for HD Arizona scenery and jetways to come back at airports cos they got removed in a recent iOS patch

Yep, you were on to something in regards to planes alright; FrankLFRS confirmed that no new planes will be added, instead new features & regions. And regions is plural, so I wonder what if we get multiple regions added at once, or possibly some regions brought in from the PC version.

• I'd be suprised to see features or content that go way beyond desktop, as they mentioned they share more or less the same code. So, getting the same official scenerys e.g. those offered on Steam would already be great. Saying that, we have the A380 in mobile, but not on desktop, so, who knows...

Interesting, TIL that mobile has the A380 while the PC version doesn't. How about that ^^

All mobile flight sims seem to be following the trend of "syncing" with desktop applications as best as possible, but I firmly believe that Aerofly will do this the best. As seen before, they take their time with things, and with mobile devices getting more powerful, it will only get better. But as we already know, patience is what we need :)

• Oh yeah, I’m thinking the feature is cold and dark on the 777 and 747 👀 but yeah also hoping for proper pushback, the PNW scenery is most likely coming, I also hope Arizona gets HD scenery as well. We will have to see next week as the game will probably drop in the next week, week and a half 🤔

I am gonna explode from excitement if it's another week lol. Super pumped for the new release