New Mobile Version of Aerofly FS Confirmed! Thoughts, predictions, and other comments about the new release?

• Unless they can implement a global on demand download of sceneries to keep storage issues on mobile i think selling more packages like switzerland is the way to go. That way we might get less to fly but the quality is way higher and I would rather have that than a pancake ‘world’ like the competition...Switzerland for example is mind blowing on a mobile device. Unless your device has more space you can still upload and remove regions if needed to free up space according to your flight plan. Otherwise the game is perfect as it is. Wish for landing lights, push back, night lights like Denver. Thanks Ipacs!

Yes, in the long term this will be an issue as AFS 2020 already met the 4 GB limit for an application to be approved. So having data "streamed" while playing, or prior to playing will a possible solution as time goes on and the IPACS team continues to work on Aerofly. Or, having seperate regions to download for offline flying; or perhaps purchasing regions as needed to keep the initial purchase price low.

Either way, we'll find a solution. It won't be perfect at first, but we'll get to a solution no doubt. And that bridge will be crossed when we get there.

• Actually yeah that’s a thing to consider. After the a320 cold and dark update with Arizona sids stars etc my iPhone XR was barely able to run aerofly 2020 without lagging slightly. I’m hoping that my current 2018 iPad will be able to run the new game, before I have to get a replacement

My iPad version (1st gen 12.9 inch) ran 2020 alright. When using the exterior views it would lag sometime, but other than I didn't encounter many issues. Hoping that we'll be able to keep up...

• New Regions

I'm really looking forward to whatever they are, assuming it's more than one new region.

Although the PC version doesn't have it, I'm hoping for some Asian region such as Japan so we have a place to realistically fly the ANA, Cathay Pacific, China Eastern, Vietnam Airlines, AirAsia, Citilink, and Air China A320 liveries.

• New Regions

I'm really looking forward to whatever they are, assuming it's more than one new region.

Although the PC version doesn't have it, I'm hoping for some Asian region such as Japan so we have a place to realistically fly the ANA, Cathay Pacific, China Eastern, Vietnam Airlines, AirAsia, Citilink, and Air China A320 liveries.

That'd be cool, I wouldn't mind flying in a foreign countries. It would make for an interesting experience. Plus, no other mobile sim would offer those regions in such high detail...

• Well I’m hoping for the Florida region to come in aerofly 2021 because i love Miami i want to be able to fly in a sunset over Miami it would be very relaxing and awesome so hopefully it makes its way over as well

Florida is #1 on the wishlist for new scenery (I have flown out of Florida airports for the majority of my life) , but we're likely to see the Pacific Northwest this time, with future releases moving Eastward. Just my predictions.

• I'm afraid there is no new passenger plane. I'm looking forward to the network flight and mobile ground service system.But the fact is that the function that the computer does not have is not necessarily available on the mobile side, and I am very anxious. Because this is a completely new version,

• Available on Aerofly FS mobile.

It happened in the past so ?

The Just Flight Piper Arrow in PC is the plane I’d most like to see added to mobile, it is well equipped and the sim plane handles nicely. I’d prefer it to another only part finished jet spam-can sim like the 777 or 380.

For existing add on scenery to take advantage of increased device storage I would go for a version of the North Eastern USA, the visual impact of the New York waterfront and city beats Florida for me.

Perhaps (!) the NEED for a new version of mobile Aerofly is the provision of add-ons for Android?

• Well it’s December 6th at the time of writing. Should be released at some point next week (December 7th-13th) maybe halfway through the week after that (14th-21st). The aerofly game is always released before Christmas. As mentioned, we’ve waited a whole year for this game, it has a lot of expectations to live up to. But yes, hopefully if Apple approves it in time it will be released either next week or the week after that. I’m personally hoping it comes out next week, but maybe because I’m just that impatient 😆

• I'm afraid there is no new passenger plane. I'm looking forward to the network flight and mobile ground service system.But the fact is that the function that the computer does not have is not necessarily available on the mobile side, and I am very anxious. Because this is a completely new version,

Yep, no new aircraft for this version (at least not yet). By ground service, if you mean pushback tugs and all that, we don't know for sure. I do know however that this question was brought up previously, and the mods said that they will take their time when working this stuff out. They like to get it right the first time.

See their explanation here: RE: Different engines for different liveries on the 747.

• Yep, I'd absolutely love to see add-ons become part of the game, but I know that Apple doesn't allow this anymore. Either way, still an excellent idea.

• When is it being released? That’s the million dollar question right there. I really hope for a new aircraft like the A350 or B737-800 but like some of you said that the E175 would be a great addition in the following months if IPACS does decide it

to bring to the sim.

I know that while the 738 is a popular request, it won't come anytime soon as they already have the 735. Why? Check out their explanation here: 737-500 instead of -800?

I like Aerofly's mobile app particularly because of the unique aircraft we have functional flight decks and realistic physics, and just about every other mobile sim out there has the 738 available.

But I definitely understand why you'd want that and the A350, both are superb aircraft with lots to learn about, and I respect your opinion on that :thumbup:

• Well it’s December 6th at the time of writing. Should be released at some point next week (December 7th-13th) maybe halfway through the week after that (14th-21st). The aerofly game is always released before Christmas. As mentioned, we’ve waited a whole year for this game, it has a lot of expectations to live up to. But yes, hopefully if Apple approves it in time it will be released either next week or the week after that. I’m personally hoping it comes out next week, but maybe because I’m just that impatient 😆

If I recall correctly, most previous Aerofly releases occurred in the secondish week of December. I've heard someone say that Apple employees won't be working on a Sunday, so the process will start/continue tomorrow on Monday.

Big expectations = big excitement :)

I check the app store every time i wake now lol

• Getting the an Embraer like the 175 would truly be a dream come through, since its of my favourite planes to fly on in real life and I would love to fly it in my favourite simulator also. I think it would fit the map perfect!

Same, I'm in love with the 175. The extended winglets, the way the strobe light flashes, the shape of the nose, the unique "bicycle handle" yokes, etc.

It fits perfectly into the current maps and future ones, I agree. It would also be the perfect study level (or close to) transport type jet for someone to start with!