• ok now I REALLY promise - last thread today

I’ve been wondering if the AI Aircraft work offline? And what sort of information do they use?

And why can’t you see military aircraft (F18s)

I also found this - thanks iPacs:)

The traffic uses real world data but not live real time data. And it's technically not driven by artificial intelligence so we prefer to use the term computer generated traffic (CGT).

We use real world traffic data from 2019 for now because as you may have heard the air traffic in 2020 is pretty much non existent. And we wanted skies full of planes and not aprons full of planes. The traffic module itself is highly flexible though, we're not ruling out data streaming to display real world traffic in real time one day. The displaying of aircraft will also come in handy in case we decide to add multiplayer.

We also researched performance data for more than 700 different airplane types and we now have a huge global airport database with runway information for the air traffic. In case we ever do go 'live' with the air traffic we can make sure that even if the data connection is lost, e.g. if you turn your internet connections off or if the real world aircraft drops off the radar, that we can still keep it flying to its destination on your device as if nothing ever happened.

The military aircraft feature advanced cloaking technologies and anti trace jamming equipment. We'll try to convince them to turn these off haha

• The traffic uses real world data but not live real time data. And it's technically not driven by artificial intelligence so we prefer to use the term computer generated traffic (CGT).

We use real world traffic data from 2019 for now because as you may have heard the air traffic in 2020 is pretty much non existent. And we wanted skies full of planes and not aprons full of planes. The traffic module itself is highly flexible though, we're not ruling out data streaming to display real world traffic in real time one day. The displaying of aircraft will also come in handy in case we decide to add multiplayer.

We also researched performance data for more than 700 different airplane types and we now have a huge global airport database with runway information for the air traffic. In case we ever do go 'live' with the air traffic we can make sure that even if the data connection is lost, e.g. if you turn your internet connections off or if the real world aircraft drops off the radar, that we can still keep it flying to its destination on your device as if nothing ever happened.

The military aircraft feature advanced cloaking technologies and anti trace jamming equipment. We'll try to convince them to turn these off haha

Wow, you guys never fail to impress. Great thinking there. Excited for what you roll out next...

• The traffic uses real world data but not live real time data. And it's technically not driven by artificial intelligence so we prefer to use the term computer generated traffic (CGT).

So there will be single player and multiplayer? So no matter what this simulator will be always offline atleast.

By it reads the data from 2019, I assume you mean it repeats a cycle? If so, then how?

Does it just read random days or times?

• So there will be single player and multiplayer? So no matter what this simulator will be always offline atleast.

By it reads the data from 2019, I assume you mean it repeats a cycle? If so, then how?

Does it just read random days or times?

That's technical details we don't want the competition to know :)

For now you will see the same traffic each time you launch the sim so that we can reproduce the same situation 100% of the time. Later on it will fly according to real world traffic schedules how ever we may see fit and hopefully react to the player's position and flight direction.

• That's technical details we don't want the competition to know :)

For now you will see the same traffic each time you launch the sim so that we can reproduce the same situation 100% of the time. Later on it will fly according to real world traffic schedules how ever we may see fit and hopefully react to the player's position and flight direction.

If it sees real world schedules, what if you turn your internet off or go on holiday for a while? You won’t be able to see them aircraft.

I don’t mind seeing the same aircraft, but I’m wondering what would happen if it followed real schedules.

If you launch the sim whilst on holiday with no internet - will there be no traffic?

• If it sees real world schedules, what if you turn your internet off or go on holiday for a while? You won’t be able to see them aircraft.

I don’t mind seeing the same aircraft, but I’m wondering what would happen if it followed real schedules.

If you launch the sim whilst on holiday with no internet - will there be no traffic?

The benefit of the schedules is that they are pretty compact compare to sending real time live data from each aircraft. And often the airline schedule repeats daily or weekly or after 14 days. So at some point it will just restart like in the real world too. Only new routes that the airlines just started or routes that are no longer served will be an issue but that's like 0.01%

If you take Aerofly FS 2021 offline now, even for a year, you'd still see traffic.

• The benefit of the schedules is that they are pretty compact compare to sending real time live data from each aircraft. And often the airline schedule repeats daily or weekly or after 14 days. So at some point it will just restart like in the real world too. Only new routes that the airlines just started or routes that are no longer served will be an issue but that's like 0.01%

If you take Aerofly FS 2021 offline now, even for a year, you'd still see traffic.

Alright, thanks!

I’m probably going to be using this simulator a lot offline, which is why I was wondering if the traffic still showed up.

If you send real time data, it wouldn’t be incredibly fun. Yeah, you get to see all real time aircraft, but you might just want to sit at the airport and spot - that could take minutes for each plane to land and takeoff.

Airlines nowadays tend to just operate their current routes. Not many airlines abandon old routes or make new ones.

The only issues I have with the traffic (and I’m sure these will be fixed over time) are:

1. Aircraft landing right next to eachother, At Heathrow two aircraft landed, one directly behind the other)

2. aircraft Taking off right next to eachother (same as above, but taking off)

3. Wrong aircraft or Airline loaded.

Number 3 is most likely because not enough models are in the game yet. Every time there is a B767, it appears as a B787. This is because there is no 767 model yet.

What was meant to be a JAL 777 loaded up as an emirates 777.

This is probably because there is no JAL Livery on the 777 yet in the simulator.

Despite this, this does not cause the experience to be less realistic.

This simulator is amazing, especially for mobile, and I thank you all at IPacs for bringing such a great simulator!

I hope to see more liveries soon.

Thomas Cook A320 maybe, Bmi/BmiBaby 737-500 maybe? Some more British airlines now that we have the U.K.?:)

• The replacement algorithm prefers same airline over same aircraft. We can't have all aircraft in all repaints and therefor we have be creative.

So even if the flight shows A319 you may show a similar aircraft like the A320. Or a B737 replaced by a A320. But we're keeping it failly simiar.

• The replacement algorithm prefers same airline over same aircraft. We can't have all aircraft in all repaints and therefor we have be creative.

So even if the flight shows A319 you may show a similar aircraft like the A320. Or a B737 replaced by a A320. But we're keeping it failly simiar.

But what about airlines?

I’ve seen what is supposed to be British Airways A319s, but instead they’re Spirit or United A319s.

• But what about airlines?

I’ve seen what is supposed to be British Airways A319s, but instead they’re Spirit or United A319s.

We could have gigabytes of traffic models featuring all airlines of the worlds... We've limited it to a few and these are somewhat the most common in the default area. We can add some more traffic liveries later, yes.

• We could have gigabytes of traffic models featuring all airlines of the worlds... We've limited it to a few and these are somewhat the most common in the default area. We can add some more traffic liveries later, yes.

I would like some British/European airlines now that there is now U.K. scenery, that’d be nice, but I understand you guys are trying to keep the storage space it takes up to as low as possible (it’s nearly 10GB!)