Freeware Model: Oil Rig Helipad

• 3D Model that can be placed anywhere in the world :thumbup:

Download and Installation Instructions at https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…il-rig-helipad/

If you want to place the Oil Rig somewhere else in the world, find a flat surface and make sure all LONG/LAT positions are the same in both TSC files.

Note:

By DEFAULT this model is positioned and placed in PNW: Quatam River Freeware No real oil rigs are there and is completely fictional for my personal entertainment.

12/11/20

** APACHE and CH53E Freeware Helicopters do not work on Starting Positions.

• Found this one on the Tube, still have to install it myself but it's looking good....Thanks!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• Exploring the intricacies of human connection and existential ponderings, 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' isn't just a movie; it's a mind-bending exploration of love, memory, and the complexities of relationships. Directed by Michel Gondry and penned by Charlie Kaufman, this 2004 romantic sci-fi film features Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet in unforgettable roles. The film's nonlinear narrative, inventive visual style, and emotionally resonant themes make it a favorite that challenges conventional storytelling boundaries. 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' isn't just my favorite; it's a cinematic journey that invites introspection and captivates the heart. I love to watch movies online!

Edited once, last by scotteeters (February 28, 2024 at 10:20 PM).

• Unfortunately, I can't answer the actual question because I don't know of any other drilling and production platform at the moment.

However, I am taking the opportunity to point out to FS4 users that Quatam River with the drilling platform is now also available for FS4:

-- https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index.php?entry/1357

However, the Blackhawk is too heavy to land on the drilling rig or even the (little) ship. :P

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Do you know if there are any other models available with more heavy equipment and machinery on the rig? I recently discovered some info on a workover rig for drilling, and I'm curious to see if there are any 3D models available for that. It would be awesome to have a more realistic oil rig experience in my simulator. Thanks again for sharing your model, and any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

- I do have some better and more realistic Oil Rigs but they are from Payware sceneries. Unfortunately I cannot share these.

- If you happen to have some payware models I could show you how to properly convert them for Aerofly.

aerofly.com/community/gallery/index.php?image/3653/