Suggestion about the analog trackpad control on tablet

• Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

What if there was a kind of magnetic area where the virtual trackpad would tend to stick inside?

See the attachment, I over drawn a yellow cross shape area in question.

The idea is to easily go left or right without too much change the slope by clumsiness, for example. It would also make it behave like a real joystick.

It’s just a smooth magnetic area that allows to go to the corners!

Best regards

• Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

To complete my suggestion, it would be nice to have an inverted option for up and down.

Why?

When you use a real joystick it’s obvious that when you pull the plane goes up and you push the plane goes down. The joystick being at 90° from the view.

But when the virtual trackpad is flatten onto the screen we tend to slide up to go up and down to go down. Especially if you try to follow the FD in the PFD.

Apple does it with their Mac about scrolling, you have the choice between natural or inverted.

Well for a mind or a twisted brain like mine, I would appreciate an inverted option for the analog up/down like it is possible with views for the same reasons (you interact directly on the screen so you want the action following your finger).

Sorry for bothering you again. Best regards.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Hey all.

I set Analog sensitivity to minimum. It's kind of good because, for example, to go left or right I have to slide more. So if I also slide up or down it gives a slight action because of the low sensitivity!

Kinda cool.

• Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

I’m back with this idea to compensate the clumsiness when using analog control.

Clumsiness, because when you want to slide right or left you somehow also slide a bit up or down.

See the attachment, it a drawer of the Aerofly analog control on mobile.

I imagined insensitive (or very few sensitive) areas for pitch in magenta and roll in green.

So for example, if I only want to change the pitch, I slide up or down, I can deviate right or down without impact the roll as

much as I stay in the green area.

Thank you for reading, and feel free to ask questions to unravel my twisted mind ;).