CTD with some FScloudport UK airports/airfields

• Greetings,

my first post on this forum after purchasing the DVD version of Aerofly FS2 just prior to Christmas. Aerofly FS 2 has always intrigued me because my particular preference for VR. My impressions so far have been largely positive 😊

I am however experiencing some difficulties after downloading the excellent freeware GB scenery by IZ0JUB and the ~270 UK airports/airfields from fscloudport.com.

My issue is that I am unable to take off from a large proportion of the UK airports. Instead when I try to spawn an aircraft at these locations Aerofly FS2 crashes to desktop.

I have noticed that a number of the airports are being reported as missing from the database (~120) or having airport identifiers that are too long in the tm log file. I have tried removing the ones that are reported to not be in the database however, the issues with some airfields creating the CTD situation remains.

I have also a similar issue the with the fantastic Hawaiian Islands addon where again six of the airfields are being reported as missing from the database.

The Aerofly FS 2 default USA scenery and Colorado and South Western expansion all work without an issue.

The freeware addon scenery is placed in C:\Users\[my user name]\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\

My Aerofly FS 2 is updated to 2.05.03.23

Thanks in advance for any ideas / help offered 😊

Cheers, Huw

Windows 10 Professional; ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F; Intel Core i9-9900K@4.9GHz; Corsair Vengeance 64 GB DDR4 3200 MHz; Nvidia Palit GeForce GTX 1080 8GB; Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2; Oculus Rift S.

• Hi, I had major scenery problems having updated to the latest version. To cut a very long story short I now use the 2.04.09.03 version with no problems.

All my home made scenery, cultivation and airports are now in a newly created folder on my F drive.

Aerofly FS2 Flight Simulator/addons/scenery/ENGLAND PROJECT/images/CENTRAL ENGLAND PART 1 etc, /map_09 etc

AIRPORTS places/CENTRAL ENGLAND PART 1/cultivation/map_09 etc

Kindest regards, Michael.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, Intel Pentium G2130 @ 3.20GHz, 16.0 GB RAM DDR3, ASUS H61M-K, Graphics PHL 273V5 1920x1080 @ 60Hz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX960, Thrustmaster Joystick and Home Made Rudder Pedals.

• Hello Michael,

Thanks very much for your advice.

Could ask if the scenery problems you experienced related to the difficulties I am seeing? i.e. the inability to spawn aircraft for take off at a number of UK airports?

Where would I find the 2.04.09.03 update?

Thanks again 😊

Cheers, Huw

Windows 10 Professional; ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F; Intel Core i9-9900K@4.9GHz; Corsair Vengeance 64 GB DDR4 3200 MHz; Nvidia Palit GeForce GTX 1080 8GB; Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2; Oculus Rift S.

Edited once, last by Greytop ().

• Will the England, Wales and Southern Scotland scenery that was introduced in 2021 be made available in PC FS2? Might Ireland be added?

Happy and Safe New Year everyone.

All of Ireland is available from flight-sim.org and has been for some time. Link: https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index.php?entry/511-ireland/

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, Intel Pentium G2130 @ 3.20GHz, 16.0 GB RAM DDR3, ASUS H61M-K, Graphics PHL 273V5 1920x1080 @ 60Hz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX960, Thrustmaster Joystick and Home Made Rudder Pedals.

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB ().

• Hi Huw,

I had to totally uninstall my FS2 and clean the computer then reboot and install from the DVD a new installation. Yes I had similar problems unable to see the airports plus odd towers of scenery, it was an absolute nightmare of events. Not sure if the DVD set is 2.04.09.03? Cheers Michael.

• Hi Huw,

I had to totally uninstall my FS2 and clean the computer then reboot and install from the DVD a new installation. Yes I had similar problems unable to see the airports plus odd towers of scenery, it was an absolute nightmare of events. Not sure if the DVD set is 2.04.09.03? Cheers Michael.

Hi Michael,

thanks again for your feedback. I will give a fresh install a go and not apply the latest update.

I'll check the version number once the install is completed.

Cheers,

Huw

• A quick update for Michael and others that may be experiencing the same difficulties I have been working through.

Following Michael's helpful a advice I have taken the steps of two complete reinstalls of Aerofly FS 2, trying different permutations of graphic Nvidia drivers and FS 2 update revisions together with his UK scenery and UK airports from the FScloudport. I have ended up using the Nvidia graphics driver 446.14 together with version 2.05.03.09 of Aerofly FS 2. This now seems to give me access to all UK airports without a CTD. However I am now unable to run with Vulkan (this still results in an immediate CTD) so have had to revert back to OpenGL. Luckily through the efficiency of Aerofly FS 2 I am still able to maintain very fluid framerates that other simulations simply can't match in VR with my aging GTX1080.

My big concern is that with the latest revision 2.05.03.23 and perhaps other future developments with FS 2 I will be unable to run the excellent UK environment if I wish to update to the latest features / content.

It's probably also worth noting again that a large proportion of the FScloudport UK airports throw up errors in the tm log. Either they are unrecognised in the FS 2 database or have identifiers that are too long. The same issues are reported for airports in the Hawaiian Islands addon. Whether these Errors have an impact on the stability of FS 2 I have no idea.

Cheers, Huw

• Thank you for this information.

Can you please show the lines with the error messages for the airfields from the tm.log? Maybe I can adjust something for the airports where I am involved.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configuration: MacBookPro 15-inch, 2018; Pocessor: 2,9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9; RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4; Graphics board: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB)

• Hi again Huw, I checked my updated version of FS2 and its the same as yours 2.05.03.09 working perfectly OK. Cheers Michael.

• Thank you for this information.

Can you please show the lines with the error messages for the airfields from the tm.log? Maybe I can adjust something for the airports where I am involved.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your response and offer of assistance :)

Aerofly FS2 tm log issues

• Airport identifiers
    • Airports missing from database
    • Hawaii issues

GB airport identifiers that are too long

'ACHNASHEEN'

'BALLONCASTLE'

'EASTER_AIRFIELD'

'GB-0009'

'GB-0166'

'GB-0168’

'GB-0169'

'GB-0201'

'GB-0202'

'GB-0239'

'GB-0285'

'GB-0286'

'GB-0287'

'GB-0296'

'GB-0314'

'GB-0329'

'GB-0340'

'GB-0374'

'GB-0375'

'GB-0379'

'GB-0400'

'GB-0409'

'GB-0413'

'GB-0436'

'GB-0441'

'GB-0442'

'GB-0456'

'GB-0465'

'GB-0468'

'GB-0482'

'GB-0541'

'GB-0577'

'GB-0651'

'IM-0001'

'IM-0003'

'UK_ROSEMARKET'

GB airports that are not in Aerofly FS2 database

'CWL'

'EG14'

'EG21'

'EG36'

'EG3J'

'EG3L'

'EG43'

'EG51'

'EG53'

'EG74'

'EG86'

'EG93'

'EG98'

'EGDD'

'EGHB'

'EGHJ'

'EGHP'

'EGHS'

'EGL2'

'EGLS'

'EGMF'

'EGSF-1'

'EGTH'

'EGWZ'

'EGX6'

'EGXB'

'EGXN'

'EGXV,'

'EGYO'

'EGZJ'

'EGZL'

'EHAV'

'GB-FEA'

'GB-FLH'

'GB-FOA'

'GB-OUK'

'GB-PSV'

'GY'

'KOYM2'

'SHFN'

'X5ES'

'X6BU'

'X6CK'

'X6EF'

'X6FN'

'X6GI'

'X6KF'        

'X6KT'

'X6MD'

'X6MU'

'X6ST'

'X9AF'

'X9JR'

'XASH'

'XBRI'

'XPLO'

'SARK'

Special objects not in the database

'NCL'

'SCOT'

Airport and scenery issues with Kauai & Niihau Hawaii

Hawaii airports not in Aerofly FS2 database

'PHPA'

'HW_06'

'PHB2'

'WCY1'

'HW#04'

'HW#03'

Hawaii - No valid identifier

'Kalalau'

'Makaha Ridge'

'USNS Patuxent'

'USS Scott'

Other warnings

WARNING: property 'lights' is not a member of type 'tmsimulator_scenery_place'

WARNING: property 'use_height_offset' is not a member of type 'tmsimulator_scenery_place'

I have also attached my tm log for your convenience.

Thanks once again.

Cheers, Huw

Files

• tm.log

(49.7 kB, downloaded 7 times, last: )

• Hi again Huw, I checked my updated version of FS2 and its the same as yours 2.05.03.09 working perfectly OK. Cheers Michael.

Thanks again Michael, good to hear :thumbup: