Dump Replay-Buffer to Hard-Drive

• Just an Idea that would help me very much:

For some times we have the replay function in Aerofly FS2. This is great. What I like to see would be a possibility to write the replay buffer from memory to the harddrive for further analytics. It should be readable (or at least with an description how it is stored) and exact (no rounded numbers). Really great would be a load function as well, but a save would do for me.

I would be pleased. :)

Best,

Micha

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• This is a great idea and our RC flight simulators have this feature built in. However in the Aerofly FS series the aircraft are constantly updated which would mean that the replay buffer can't just be replayed after an airplane is updated. It would require quite a bit of work to make a replay work when objects are renamed, switch names and positions in the file etc. The alternative is that all your replay files are useless after an update.

For now we have put this idea on hold because of these issues. I assume that when we have a multiplayer data format that that same format could be used to at least store the most important data long term as well to be used in a replay. But this feature is also not that easy to implement...

Can you tell us for what you use the replay? Maybe we can invent other features that can do what you want.

Regards,

Jan

• I think we had this discussion before. The implemented replay sequence is not saved and cannot be accessed later. It records for about nine minutes of flight. Fun is that one can replay in vr, hence someone else can carry the vr headset and enjoy the replay of the flight, we free look around and free position in the aircraft. Imagine we could save different replays.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• This is a great idea and our RC flight simulators have this feature built in. However in the Aerofly FS series the aircraft are constantly updated which would mean that the replay buffer can't just be replayed after an airplane is updated. It would require quite a bit of work to make a replay work when objects are renamed, switch names and positions in the file etc. The alternative is that all your replay files are useless after an update.

For now we have put this idea on hold because of these issues. I assume that when we have a multiplayer data format that that same format could be used to at least store the most important data long term as well to be used in a replay. But this feature is also not that easy to implement...

Can you tell us for what you use the replay? Maybe we can invent other features that can do what you want.

Interesting... so you recalculate the whole flight for the replay? If you change the weather, there will be a different outcome? Ah, I understand, this is, why the replay buffer get lost if you escape to the menu.

What I would need is the exact Lat/Lon/Alt pitch/bank/heading ... everything else would be a plus. But this would be different to what you have in memory. I know, best way to get these would be with the external dll but i need the snapshoot of these six values at the same moment, If I want to replay this in a 3d space for an (later automated) virtual aerobatic judge. :)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower