Questions about weather, atc, multiplayer

• First of all Happy new year.

I'm intrigued by AeroFly FS 2021, and was wondering how customizable the clouds and weather is, does it allow setting overcast, rain, ifr conditions?

Also I know ATC is not in, are there any plans for future updates, or at least ATIS with some random chatter?

Lastly (and Martin has kindly already answered via email, thank you), I know Multiplayer is not in, I was wondering if something like a simple multiplayer option was planned in the near future as this flight sim begs for people to fly together.

I'm actually looking at a multiplayer flight sim to play with my 6 years old on two IOS devices, together. He's expressing interest in flight sim. In the process I stumbled across Aerofly FS 2021 that looks amazing -I know it does't support multiplayer-.

Best

L

• Hopefully they add multiplayer, it would be nice to see people fly and land fly with your friends .. It should be the first improvement they should add .. In addition to the ground and pushback services .. Dreaming costs nothing .. Hopefully add it would be wonderful .. . This simulator is amazing

• I don’t think multiplayer is coming any time soon as people are requesting so many things to be added. Like a new aircraft, global, ground services, start at gate, cold and dark for every plane etc. Even though I love Aerofly it still lacks a lot features that other flight sim have that I wish Aerofly had. Overall, we just have to wait to see what will come out next now that they have resolved the download issue.

• I don’t think multiplayer is coming any time soon as people are requesting so many things to be added. Like a new aircraft, global, ground services, start at gate, cold and dark for every plane etc. Even though I love Aerofly it still lacks a lot features that other flight sim have that I wish Aerofly had. Overall, we just have to wait to see what will come out next now that they have resolved the download issue.

What happens is that aerofly wants to add features such as pushback or ground services, as realistic as possible. Other simulators have it but it looks super unreal and of poor quality. It is better to wait for the ipacs team to finish working, quality is better than quantity ... Although multiplayer would be wonderful to be able to fly with your friends, it would make the game have much more marketing and would reach many thousands of users more .. Atc and global are not something that should be worked on in the medium term. Better new planes, new regions and multiplayer

• Thanks, what about weather, how does it look like now? I can see the rather nice scattered clouds in all videos and pics, but does it currently simulate other conditions, such as overcast, rain?

Best

p.s.

other areas would be cool too, I would pay $$$ for northern and central italy :)

Edited once, last by luckyluca (January 5, 2021 at 2:00 AM).

• Weather:

Cumulus settings height and among.

Cirrus settings height and amount.

No rain, no snow, no thunder.

Aerofly is a flight sim not a game, it requires knowledge about how to use the cockpit. Maybe it is not ok for a 6 years old. But how knows.

It’s not multiplayer, there’s a “ghosts” computer generated traffic. Planes can fly through you and you can fly through them. The traffic is based on west winds only.

It’s the only real flight simulator on mobile that includes all the features above at once for the A320:

• MCDU, EFIS, FCU, PFD, ND, E/WD working and interacting
    • Auto thrust, auto trim, auto brake
    • Fly by wire (iPad only) Airbus behavior side stick as a trackpad (iPad only)
    • Cold & Dark
    • Clouds cumulus cirrus adjustable
    • Wind, gusts ajustable
    • Visibility adjustable
    • 3D buildings lit at night
    • Convexe, concave, inclined every axis runways with ALS
    • High resolution: California, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, Arizona, England, Switzerland
    • Airbus sounds, Airbus callouts
    • The best physics
    • SID STAR approach ILS, RNAV, DME, VOR, etc.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS (January 5, 2021 at 7:41 AM).

Brother, I only consider aerofly and xplane simulators .. The others are entertaining games and you are right maybe they have other characteristics that being aerofly does not have. But they will never have realism, functional cockpits, being able to use ils, vor, mcdu, fmc systems, etc. Aerofly users are fortunate to have realistic and functional aircraft ...

• What do you mean by Fly by wire ipad only? The fly by wire is active on all devices.

Hi, ah ok it was a shortcut. I mean that on tablet you can set Controls to Analog with Auto Center to have a side stick "trackpad" that behaves like the Airbus side stick (if you leave it the plane keeps its heading, slope, curve).

And thanks Aerofly for this gorgeous feature!

(Original post corrected)

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)

• Hi, ah ok it was a shortcut. I mean that on tablet you can set Controls to Analog with Auto Center to have a side stick "trackpad" that behaves like the Airbus side stick (if you leave it the plane keeps its heading, slope, curve).

And thanks Aerofly for this gorgeous feature!

(Original post corrected)

What do you mean? I'm an android user and I don't have fly by wire

• What do you mean? I'm an android user and I don't have fly by wire

Here after disengaging autopilot:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You have a trackpad to drive the plane. It is used by touches.

• Regardless of the input method, fly by wire is active in the A320, Aerofly FS 2020 and FS 2021.

If you have a tablet you can use a virtual analog stick on screen. That makes it even cooler but the FBW is not affected by this.

Yes it's cool, it's so cool that I no longer want to use my iPhone to fly, I prefer by far the analog stick on the iPad screen. Very good.

FBW was an error of language, sorry.

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS (January 5, 2021 at 11:40 AM).

I'm actually looking at a multiplayer flight sim to play with my 6 years old on two IOS devices, together. He's expressing interest in flight sim. In the process I stumbled across Aerofly FS 2021 that looks amazing -I know it does't support multiplayer-.

I started "virtual multiplayer flying" with Aerofly a few years ago with my grandson (then 7 years old) and we still do it today.:)

Virtual in this case means that we fly side by side on 2 devices in the same airspace. Yes, it requires a little imagination - but it's still fun.:D

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• I like the virtual multiplayer flying idea.

We've been enjoying flying together on https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fa18-ho…jet/id971855056

which incidentally is the only flight sim on IOS devices I own that allows family sharing multiplayer with a single subscription/purchase.

Obviously we're just messing around when playing together and not using complex systems, but it's still fun to take off and fly close together, and crash multiple times in the process.

Another option I've just been told about is geo-fs mobile, which appears to allow family sharing multiplayer. I'll check that out too.

I think I'm going to get Aerofly 2021 soon, there's just something about it, it looks good and system complexity sounds good too. Regarding the weather, it appears from the following 2019 videos that Aerofly can mimic overcast conditions by carefully dosing visibility and the single available clouds layer.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be

Hopefully multiplayer will make it to Aerofly too, and why not, more advanced weather conditions, and more payware addon regions would be welcome too.

Best

• I think a multplayer version would be nice if it were two people flying the same plane in real life, so why not do it that way? How funny you see your friend taking off in front of you lol let's change this multiplayer idea most of you don’t know how to simulate right get in front of you when you’re ready to land I don’t want to have multiplayer and something else if it’s going to be expensive subscription to be able to so folks get real give a lot of work to folks aerofly team do this ok let's wait for things to happen as an example improve graph, put pucherback, weather, weight, passers-by, fuel calculation finally new aircraft