• I have never tried VR glasses. But now I have tested an HP Reverb G2 VR Headset. An exciting experience of being present in the cockpit. :thumbup:

BUT .... :!:

As I have no previous experience - and have nothing to compare with - I'm not sure if my HP Reverb G2 is working properly.

I experience that what is called "sweetspot" - is very small. It gets so strenuous that I can only do short trips of 5 -10 minutes. Is there anyone else here on the forum who has the same experience?

Is this comparison between the HP Reverb G2 and the Oculus Rift S correct?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Lots of complaints about a smaller sweet spot compared to the Reverb G1 and Quest 2 all over the internet, but the overall picture quality of the G2 is better then every other headset under 1000 bucks...

If you don't wear glasses you can get closer to the lenses using a thinner cover/cushion.
    The higher resolution of these headsets also makes the difference in or out the sweet spot more obvious...

And you need to get used to VR too, meaning moving your head instead of your eyes as with every headset...

Most people start out with half an hour in VR, after a few weeks or longer a couple of hours is normally not a problem. You need to get used to it, and don't forget to blink your eyes...

VR is still full of compromises but already great as it is. :)

My Quest 2 has a smaller sweet spot too somewhere in between of the Rift S and G2 but the higher resolution gives me a better overall experience compared to my 1440x1440 per eye WMR headset.

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

Edited 2 times, last by PjotR22 (January 6, 2021 at 7:36 PM).

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• Thank you very much for the feedback. :thumbup:

Important for me to get a confirmation that there is nothing wrong with the product. Guess I need a long period of getting used to it - and that it will hopefully get better over time.

I will still wait for Sebastian's (MRTV) examination - whether the product is sold with two different lenses.

• Thank you very much for the feedback. :thumbup:

Important for me to get a confirmation that there is nothing wrong with the product. Guess I need a long period of getting used to it - and that it will hopefully get better over time.

I will still wait for Sebastian's (MRTV) examination - whether the product is sold with two different lenses.

I've only been using the G2 for a bit more than 24 hours - still I can confirm there is nothing wrong which is a great starting point !! Compared to the Vive Cosmos Elite that I've been using, it's much lighter, slimmer, higher resolution & has higher frame rates. Not just slightly but orders of magnitude better in every way.

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F

• External Content youtu.be

Regards,

Peter Splinter