On Screen Display and 2GB graphics card.

• I get this in FS2 on OpenGL when using an on screen display for assurance of my graphics card fan speed and GPU temperature. With VULKAN the display looks fine but it crashes with anything above the lowest graphics settings. Presumably the O.S.D. sits high in VRAM which causes a problem in a 2GB card.

This is from Asus's GPU Tweak II software, is there anything else that works with a 2 GB card?

The CPU-GPU balance is distorted by this phenomenon, 100 and 85 percent is more usual (a more powerful cpu would be desirable).

Edited once, last by Overloaded (January 12, 2021 at 6:17 PM).

• Wow, this looks like an Wolfgang Emerich scenario :huh:. I have a shared memory graphics gpu, which is also quite a bottleneck and responds itchy to details settings. Where is that, Overloaded? Maybe I can try as well.

Or we just follow the advice of getting new equipment.

Cheers, Patrick

• I get this in FS2 on OpenGL when using an on screen display for assurance of my graphics card fan speed and GPU temperature. With VULKAN the display looks fine but it crashes with anything above the lowest graphics settings. Presumably the O.S.D. sits high in VRAM which causes a problem in a 2GB card.

This is from Asus's GPU Tweak II software, is there anything else that works with a 2 GB card?

Yes..... ;) .You can definitely use the "MSI-Afterburner" for seeing your on SIM FPS with no such Graphical Bug... Even I personally used it in my MX110. :)

Best Regards

Pratik

Best Regards,

Pratik

• Have you seen the fierce pandemic computer parts shortage AND all the morons ‘generating’ virtual money with banks of graphics cards?

I’m retired and will incrementally build up a new setup, it is your fault that my old experimental Pentium anniversary edition fun-ultra cheapo rig works so well with FS2 🤪. My last shop-complete PC was in the last millennium.

I think a multi core CPU and an IPS monitor are ahead of a graphics card in my replacement que.

My gtx950 is running red hot with 3D settings sorcery because there are no sensible upgrades in the shops. That is why a FS2 compatible live fan speed display would be nice. The ctrl + F1 gibberish on the bottom of the screen does not give a gpu fan speed.

(I’m also doing my best to keep IPACS going via an iPad pro and 1,800 and 1,660 vertical pixels android devices, charged separately.)