AFS2021 Airbus Side Stick behavior

• This post is to thank IPACS again about their work, details in mind:

With an iPad you can set the UI to have a trackpad to control the side stick (see the attachment). You don't tilt your device to fly, you control your plane with the trackpad.

In Settings > Controls set Analog and Autocenter and Rudder auto.

The trackpad behaves like the Airbus side stick, if you put it in center, the plane maintains its trajectory, slope, direction, curve...

Here comes the gorgeous details: I've just ask a pilot friend to know whether I was dreaming or not. At 50 ft, the plane memorizes the slope and the flight commands change and behave like Boeing ("tilting" mode). It is simulated in Aerofly. At 30 ft the plane makes a -2° slope forcing the pilot to make a round before touchdown. It is simulated in Aerofly.

So thank you again IPACS, you really rock ( Jet-Pack (IPACS)  admin)

• I think the proposal is very good. Besides,I have another suggestion. Separate the manual brake from the push-back shortcut button. A normal landing will not slow down as quickly as an aerofly.Aerofly's landing deceleration is really too fast, I think this is not true, as a player, can we discuss it?

(A320) To brake, you have not to brake at 100%, it disconnects the auto-brake. It is as if the pilot stands on bakes.

In Aerofly, when auto-brake starts, you have to set brake to ~-50% with the UI. It sets 100% reverse. The baking works with the auto-brake and takes more distance.

It is shown here, with AFS2021:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS (January 14, 2021 at 11:49 AM).

• I've set the brakes, but when I start pushing back, the automatic brakes disappear,I saw a video of an aviation graduate saying that this was not normal.Aerofly's confusion of braking and reverse thrust is itself unreasonable.And you have to think about slowing down to 50 or 100, or only 40, and I hope aerofly's slowing down is closer to reality. In fact, at the beginning of 50 deceleration, the sound of reverse push was not fully turned on.It makes people uncomfortable, so I suggest using it separately.Do you know how others landed, after the plane grounded, suspended, manually opened the reverse thrust, continue, although the operation is difficult, but everything is normal,The automatic brake will not disappear..(A320) To brake, you have not to brake at 100%, it disconnects the auto-brake. It is as if the pilot stands on bakes.

In Aerofly, when auto-brake starts, you have to set brake to ~-50% with the UI. It sets 100% reverse. The baking works with the auto-brake and takes more distance.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(A320) To brake, you have not to brake at 100%, it disconnects the auto-brake. It is as if the pilot stands on bakes.

• Minimum: you see the runway ? No go around, yes visual approach, disconnect A/P (it could have been disconnected at 1000 ft or before from 5000 ft)
    • 50 ft: you are supposed to pass over the runway threshold
    • 30 ft: the A320 will flare
    • 20 ft: throttle to idle
    • 10 ft: rudder action if necessary to decrab
    • Touchdown into the 2 big rectangles
    • 2 seconds later in MED (medium) mode / 4 seconds later in LO (low) mode, the auto brake starts
    • In Aerofly, you have to wait for auto brake starts (light on) before doing next steps
    • Slide down throttle UI control around -50% to set full reverse in fact, without kill the auto brake
    • The reverse stop working (70-80 kts), release the throttle UI control
    • At 40 kts, slide down to 100% a short time the throttle UI control to stop the auto braking

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited 6 times, last by FrankLFRS (January 14, 2021 at 2:53 PM).