Motion Platform

• I am now practicing using VR (HP Reverb G2 VR Headset). Apart from the small "sweetspot" - it is fantastic to be able to sit inside the virtual cockpit. :thumbup:

Now I am considering buying a Next Level Racing Motion Platform V3 - because this is Plug and Play (and additionally drop nausea and broken back?).

Is there anyone on this forum who have experience with this product? For a while, the product did not work with Aerofly FS2 + VR. Can anyone confirm that this is now resolved and that Next Level Racing Motion Platform V3 is 100% compatible with Aerofly FS2 + VR (HP Reverb G2)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…b_channel=NextLevelRacing

• Seems maybe not for now. IPACS would be better placed than we the customers to ensure compatibility with Next Level.

These are compatible:

• DCS World (all editions)
    • Flight Sim World
    • Flight Simulator X
    • IL-2 Great Battles Series
    • Prepar3D
    • X-Plane 11
  • https://motionsystems.eu/product/motion-platforms/hs-210/

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I use the V3 with FS2 just fine.

There was a period last year where users were reporting problems, but there has always been a profile for FS2 in the platform manager.

My experience is that if I haven't enabled the motion platform (I also have a buttkicker attached), as soon as I start to taxi (or pull the collective in the helicopter) I instantly realise that there's half the experience missing. The platform obviously can't introduce G forces, but it's very clever in giving physical cues to your body that convince you that you're starting to pitch or roll.

Combined with VR it's a whole different experience than sitting at a desk looking at a cockpit in 2D on a screen.

• I have been looking at this for a while but as a real helicopter pilot I am concerned that it interferes with the torque pedal control all the jumping around.

• I have been looking at this for a while but as a real helicopter pilot I am concerned that it interferes with the torque pedal control all the jumping around.

I'm sure you can tune all the axes in terms of reactivity, intensity & rebound type adjustments. In any case I don't mind a roller coaster :)

I'm more mindful of the noise generated from it heaving me around the room - or maybe just me heaving <X

• I use the V3 with FS2 just fine.

Appreciates your feedback. It's good to hear from someone who actually has the product. I have also received feedback from the manufacturer, quote:

Aerofly is completely compatible with our Motion Platform V3 and this will simulate vibrations, collisions, rubs etc. The platform used proper telemetry data from the simulation software so if the plane has bumps in mid air than this will be replicated on the platform. Seat movers emulate G Forces better than entire sim movers, they are more compact, affordable and ours is bullet proof. I personally use my Motion Platform for flight simulation and I have to say nothing beats the feeling when you are on the run way taking off and the unit is bumping and then you lift off - it really feels like you have taken off on a plane. When using a 2dof you will be less nauseated however this really is down to personal condition etc.

What I prefer with this product - is that it is compact - takes up little space. Will fit well with my existing hardware "cockpit". Think it's good quality. Plug and Play. Exellent service. It gives the right (?) emotions with little movement. (I do not want to hurt my back), and reduced likelihood of nausea.

Maybe I should take the risk? :/

I'm also a helicopter pilot in RL, thankfully FS2 includes 3 of the types I've flown!

You can adjust all axis of the platform to restrict speed and limit of movement. You can also adjust effects such as acceleration, ground effects such as heavy landings, rate of change of attitudes, similar to putting a curve on cyclic or collective response.

You're right to point out the pedals are the controls that are not connected to the platform and some tweaking of the platform manager software in the pitch axis stops the issue of your feet leaving the pedals in fast pull ups. Using it straight out of the box will certainly get your feet off the pedals!

• I'm also a helicopter pilot in RL, thankfully FS2 includes 3 of the types I've flown!

You can adjust all axis of the platform to restrict speed and limit of movement. You can also adjust effects such as acceleration, ground effects such as heavy landings, rate of change of attitudes, similar to putting a curve on cyclic or collective response.

You're right to point out the pedals are the controls that are not connected to the platform and some tweaking of the platform manager software in the pitch axis stops the issue of your feet leaving the pedals in fast pull ups. Using it straight out of the box will certainly get your feet off the pedals!

Thanks great reply, so you can adjust it so you don't lose the fine pedal control from the seat moving and the pedals not moving?

• I'm sure you can tune all the axes in terms of reactivity, intensity & rebound type adjustments. In any case I don't mind a roller coaster :)

I'm more mindful of the noise generated from it heaving me around the room - or maybe just me heaving <X

Its not the seat movements but the pedals are not connected to the platform and all the movement would interfere with the pedal controls. In a helicopter unlike a plane the torque pedals are very sensitive and don't need much to send the helicopter rapidly moving right or left in the hover .

• You can adjust it from full movement of 10 degrees in pitch and roll to almost nothing. The platform manager software has default profiles for many simulators including FS2 to start you off, you can then alter the rates and length of movements to suit individual aircraft and save them as separate profiles.

As for helicopter yaw pedals in the hover, of course, you're not pitching or rolling that much in the hover to pull your feet away from the pedals. Even pulling a wingover is no problem. I quite like the way the platform is not connected to the pedals as it does convince your senses that there is actual G force going on.

I flew the British Army Lynx for many years and that was a very dynamic aircraft which really needed the five point harness and even then it was a struggle at times to stay planted in the seat and keep feet on the pedals

• Thanks great reply, so you can adjust it so you don't lose the fine pedal control from the seat moving and the pedals not moving?

You can adjust it from full movement of 10 degrees in pitch and roll to almost nothing. The platform manager software has default profiles for many simulators including FS2 to start you off, you can then alter the rates and length of movements to suit individual aircraft and save them as separate profiles.

As for helicopter yaw pedals in the hover, of course, you're not pitching or rolling that much in the hover to pull your feet away from the pedals. Even pulling a wingover is no problem. I quite like the way the platform is not connected to the pedals as it does convince your senses that there is actual G force going on.

I flew the British Army Lynx for many years and that was a very dynamic aircraft which really needed the five point harness and even then it was a struggle at times to stay planted in the seat and keep feet on the pedals

That is such great advice and we are lucky to have people like you here. I am om the MSFS forum and its full of nasty people with zero knowledge and high opinions of themselves. I would dare not ask this question over there and then I come here and there are people like you. Keep spreading the good advice . I like this community a lot.