MSFS 2020 made me rediscover this sim

• It wouldn't be accurate to say I just discovered AFS2, I installed it way back in 2016, thought it was pretty amazing, but didn't do much with it because I wasn't simming very seriously at the time.

Now I'm learning how to fly, and I've been spending weeks tweaking MSFS 2020 for VR, which is a nightmare as most people probably know. I'd used Aerofly with an Oculus Rift CV1 and a little bit with a Rift S, but never with my new Reverb G2. I'd gotten MSFS 2020 running about as good as it was going to run, which was... not bad as long as you can acclimate to 30 fps.

Just for kicks I decide to reinstall AFS2. My jaw hit the floor as soon as I put on my headset. Buttery smooth 90 fps with no reprojection or resolution scaling. I spent 2-3 hours just flying for fun with no real objective. I'd been doing remote lessons with my flight instructor in FS 2020, and I asked him if we could try AFS2 for a lesson instead. As soon as he saw me reach out and adjust the nav frequency with my touch controller and how smooth and crisp the graphics were, he had a hard time containing his excitement.

We did a lesson with lots of go-arounds and at the end, he said that at least for the stuff I'm working on now, AFS2 seems to be a better tool (and very fun to boot), even if there's no comparison with FS 2020 in other regards. Thanks for a cool (if somewhat limited) sim. It feels like AFS2 deserves more traction than it's gotten over the years.

• Great to hear from a trainee about how good this sim is. For my sins I am just a virtual tourist. I fly in chase view and enjoy the scenery. My "real" experience is trying to fly the Wellington at the moment in Desert Wings Tobruk in full real mode. Just locating the levers and dials and moving them with the mouse to set up engine warm ups and taxi to take off is a real challenge, so I can see how AFS2 must be for the cold and dark fans. Good luck with the rest of your training and if you are in Oz you can always fly over to my place for a natter when you are finished (I live next to Parafield Airport).

• Since when I discovered the Aerofly FS in 2016 as soon as I saw its physics, system, avionics without having to spend half an hour programming its route ... I said to myself 'This is magnificent' a robust work of art with perfect performance and realism for me, the certainty that this Simulator would be and will be my noble flight guide after a long search trying other simulators that I didn't like. He will surely be my guide until I die ^^

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .

• ... and don't forget: We have here step by step and more and more lovely and beautiful professionell restored Photoscenerie! As onlyest Sim of the world! 8o

Maybe - the next Mega-Area will come this Weekend? ;)

• I love that you can fire up Aerofly in less than 30 seconds. Like actually fly in 30 seconds, not wait for the first sign of a program window in 30 seconds, hehe.

Yes that is one of the most important advantages, speed & agility whether aircraft especially the existence - or not - of choppers, definitely start up times and number one of number ones, FPS.

Moving traffic and other high level animation & fine detail is evident albeit at lower FPS everywhere in MSFS though in Aerofly, for now, seems to be the domain of amazing 3rd party freeware in places like Hawaii & Innsbruck.

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F

• One of the things that for me spoils any experience in a simulator is like unrealistic computer screens and an airplane with various imperfections ... In the fields of view of the cameras and, of course, in the physics of movement of Ailerons spoilers ... And in that Aerofly is a master.

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .

• :D:D^^ stratospheric Where exactly at the airport is this? The next time my plane is scheduled to fly to Palm Springs I want to see it up close.

Ok I was trying to save your pain but if self-flagellation helps you through the day like it does for me:

Mr VP is entering the terminal building normally used for baggage due to his man boob girth.

It's the main heliport in which you should appear - Signature Flight Support

That is IPACS add-on DLC I think.

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F

Edited once, last by stratospheric (January 30, 2021 at 4:17 AM).

• Ok I was trying to save your pain but if self-flagellation helps you through the day like it does for me:

Mr VP is entering the terminal building normally used for baggage due to his man boob girth.

It's the main heliport in which you should appear - Signature Flight Support

That is IPACS add-on DLC I think.

Palm Springs, ist eine ORBX Scenery. :)

Edited once, last by EXTRA300L (February 1, 2021 at 4:41 PM).

• Aerofly FSS is by far delivering the best performance on my Reverb G2. No need to cap the rendering resoultion and still getting awesome frames.

Its really a pitty that the siming have such a great basis, nothing has been made out of it.

• Switzerland would deserve an update - not done
    • Weather engine - promised and still not done
    • Water physics - nowhere
    • TE England - abandoned

The highlight of 2020 - > EC135 without Swiss Airforce livery - sux

HH125 never delivered to private customers

For a short time, we were able to convince Tabu to give it a try. Meanwhile he abandoned the sim. Too bad.

Its still way to complicated to create a simple airport like LSZP or more complex like GCTS.

I have big hopes in FranceVFR. Their sceneries area really good. But if it does not sell, then they will abandone again too

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Hi MartinM,

Not all wrong with your analysis, but let's still wait for what is going on for this past year, with a little patience.

As for the EC-135, you can get 5 Swiss liveries

https://www.aerofly.com/community/gall…/60425-p-l-a-y/

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• As for the EC-135, you can get 5 Swiss liveries

5 euros each

Well, patience we got to have since 2016 ...

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz