Will it ever be possible to do "shared cockpit" running FS2 on two connected PCs

• The title pretty much says it all. I see that FS2 can export flight data to an IP address. I would love to be able to run it on two machines and take a friend "flying". (I not asking about sharing the controls, if that matters. I know that DCS has a lot of problems with that...)

thx,

Dave

• The title pretty much says it all. I see that FS2 can export flight data to an IP address. I would love to be able to run it on two machines and take a friend "flying". (I not asking about sharing the controls, if that matters. I know that DCS has a lot of problems with that...)

thx,

Dave

Maybe JoinFS one day soon?

• Meet new pilots and fly together in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, Prepar3D, X-Plane, FSX:Steam and FSX.
    • Decentralized hostless and efficient peer-to-peer networking.
    • Smooth jitter-free live movement of aircraft capable of close and large formation flying.
    • Shared cockpit across different simulators with unlimited passengers and multi-role co-pilot cockpit.
    • Suitable for virtual pilot training and instruction.
    • The JoinFS Hub network allows anyone to launch a publicly listed session for general flying or special events.
    • Multiple window views to monitor the network, public sessions and information about who is online and in your current session.
    • Record and save multiple aircraft to a file for future playback. Play back aircraft recordings live over the network to others in your session.
    • Simple model matching and model masquerading allows you to substitute any aircraft model instantly while connected.
    • The friends list makes it easy to keep track of your buddies and connect with ease.
    • Pilots may join a session by connecting to any other pilot in that session.
    • When the original creator of the session leaves, the session continues as normal.
    • Animations are transmitted over the network; landing gear, elevator, ailerons, rudder, propeller, canopy, lights and smoke.
    • Overdub feature allows you to iteratively build your own formation flight or airshow with mixed aircraft.
    • Groups of pilots can be present on VATSIM or IVAO at the same time as JoinFS.
    • Record, Play and Overdub

JoinFS Multiplayer Across Flight Simulators (pmem.uk)

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F

• I don't think it's necessary. Because Aerofly is free moving view, ground crew and model detail. Not enough to make the player take the simulation seriously. The shared cabin at this point in Aerofly's life is more about chatting while flying together. :)

貴方の運命は、すでに我が手中の糸が絡めとった!:saint:<3

• Multiplayer is something I would welcome in FS2 as I used it many times in FSX and it was very educational and fun too.

You have multiplayer in the RC flying so why not FS2?

Perhaps IPACS does not want to be just online, they may also want to have a complete air traffic control command system.

貴方の運命は、すでに我が手中の糸が絡めとった!:saint:<3

• I don't think it's necessary. Because Aerofly is free moving view, ground crew and model detail. Not enough to make the player take the simulation seriously. The shared cabin at this point in Aerofly's life is more about chatting while flying together. :)

Completely agree with you! But you just talked about Ground Crew & Free Moving View?

What do you mean by this? Thanks :)