Aerofly RC 8 Now Available on Steam

• Dear Radio-Control Fans,

Aerofly RC 8 is now available on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1507210/aerofly_RC_8/

Aerofly RC 8 is THE model flight simulator with extremely real flight physics, fantastic graphics and VR mode. Targeted model flight training and incredible fun with air-race, limbo flying, balloon piercing, helicopter trainer, aerobatics, landing contests, slope flying, 4D scenery and much more.

On Steam we offer three packages:

• The base aerofly RC 8 contains 64 models and 15 sceneries
    • Expansion Pack 1 as DLC (downloadable content) with 90 more aircraft and 20 new sceneries
    • Expansion Pack 2 as DLC with 90 aircraft and 20 sceneries as well.

• Quick question, can all scenery and models (including the base game and both DLCs) be played in VR with the same quality that we see on monitor?

I'm just asking that because on Real Flight 9.5 the graphics are beautiful on the monitor, and when you switch to VR most of them, like water, loses al the texture and becomes flat color stuff.

• famaral: Yes, all sceneries and models are the same in VR. Keep in mind however, that our 4D sceneries are best for VR, the photo sceneries might not give you the same depth perception.

Yes, for good VR you only want to use the 4D flying fields imho. Esp. if you want to change the camera views to enjoy a bit of VR sightseeing. I love flying around and exploring places like Norrison Island!

Just a couple of quick questions before I recommend this steam version to a VR friend of mine;

1) List of aircraft, including heli's, that are included in the basic pack?

2) List of 4D fields included in the basic pack? Based on reviewing the Steam DLC's it appears that only the Racecourse and Carrier 4D are missing from the basic pack (compared to my full Ikarus download version).

Thanks, and good luck with your Steam sales. I think it's going to sell very well. Cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• Quick question, can all scenery and models (including the base game and both DLCs) be played in VR with the same quality that we see on monitor?

I'm just asking that because on Real Flight 9.5 the graphics are beautiful on the monitor, and when you switch to VR most of them, like water, loses al the texture and becomes flat color stuff.

Like everything VR, a monitor will always look better but nowhere near as immersive. The water quality with RC8 in VR is very good (unlike RF9.5 in VR, which I also have). PCVR with RC8 is much better than RF9.5 imho.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• @TomC RLG: We have updated the store description in Steam with the list of models in the base package. And yes, 6 4D sceneries are included as well, so for VR, the base package is already very good.

Also maybe breakdown the aircraft and add scenery descriptions like the DCL's. Only going to make the RC8 product look a little more polished imho. Thanks.

• It still would be much more useful if you broke down the aircraft and included sceneries included in the Steam basic version like you've done with the DCL's. For example, dlc pack 1;

INCLUDED AIRCRAFT

Aerobatic aircraft:

• Amethyst
    • Avila
    • Curare
    • Curare Nitro
    • EDGE 540 arTistic
    • Edge 540T
    • E-flite UMX Beast
    • Elanor
    • Extra 260
    • Extra 330 S
    • EXTRemA 330S
    • Miss Wind S Pro
    • Obsession
    • Pitts Python
    • Ultimate
    • Velox Revolution 2
    • Visa

Gliders:

• Albatros XXL
    • Alpina 4001
    • Balmung-Mini
    • Discus 2CT
    • Dynamic 160
    • Elektro-Taser
    • Freedom Glider
    • Intention
    • Junior S
    • Merlin
    • Minimach
    • Prolution 4004
    • Pulsar 3200
    • Puri
    • Raketenwurm
    • Satori
    • Storm
    • Surprise 14
    • Xeno

Helicopters:

• BK 117
    • Blade 300X
    • Blade 400
    • Blade 450X
    • Caliber 5
    • Caliber 90
    • CH-46
    • Eagle Freya
    • Gaui X7
    • Goblin 500
    • Goblin 700
    • Goblin 770
    • Hirobo SDX 50
    • Logo 500 SE
    • Logo 600
    • Raptor 50
    • Shark
    • SOXOS 600
    • SOXOS 700
    • TDS
    • ThreeDee MP XL-E
    • ThreeDee Rigid
    • ThunderTiger Mini Titan V2
    • T-Rex 450
    • T-Rex 700
    • T-Rex 700e
    • Turbulence D3
    • Vibe 50
    • Vision 90

Jets:

• Futura 190
    • Hornet EDF
    • Jet Illusion DF45
    • Ultra Bandit

Quadcopters, Hexacopters, Octacopters:

• B car
    • EHANG184
    • HoverCar
    • Phantom 4 Pro
    • Phantom Quadrocopter
    • QC100
    • Typhoon 4K
    • UFO
    • Xiro Explorer

Gyrocopters:

• AC-10
    • Auto-G2
    • Vertigo

Other:

• Calmato 40
    • Cam-Flyer Q
    • Cap 10
    • Dogfighter
    • Evo Next
    • Flettner
    • Funracer
    • Maja
    • Slofun

INCLUDED SCENERY

• Aspach (Baden-W., Germany)
    • Ayers Rock (N. Territory, Australia)
    • Ayutthaya (Thailand)
    • Bendern (Liechtenstein)
    • Carrier (4D)
    • Friedrichshafen (Indoor-Scenery, Baden-W., Germany)
    • Golden Gate (California, USA)
    • Herrieden Stadel (Bavaria, Germany)
    • Las Vegas (Nevada, USA)
    • Olsen Stadium (Iowa, USA)
    • Parker Mountain (California, USA)
    • Racecourse (4D)
    • The Thumb (Arizona, USA)
    • Tyson Stadium (Indoor-Scenery, Iowa, USA)
    • Venice R/C Fliers (Florida, USA)
    • Vohenstrauss (Bavaria, Germany)
    • Weldon (California, USA)
    • Wöllaner Nock (Kärnten, Austria)
    • Wurmlingen (Baden-W., Germany)

Edited once, last by TomC RLG (February 8, 2021 at 11:34 AM).

• Ok, I see you have now added a list of scenery included in the base version. Thanks.

I think it would still be best to group the aircraft by type (eg. Planes, gliders, helicopters, drones) like you’ve done with the addons packs.

• Hi Thanks for the reply, I will send an email now :) btw is there any way to prevent the double ghosting image when using the VR headset? I have changed every setting to low and my graphics card (970 ti) is only working at 33% so not even labouring and yet the plane is stuttering as soon as i take off.

Maybe this is for a new tread, apologise if so.

Regards,

Brendan.

Ya, once you get a bit more experience with RC8 in VR and read through the manual and search this forum a bit more, maybe start a separate RC8 with Quest 2 thread. I have a few tips but do not want to pollute this thread. I would be a good idea to list your pc specs (at least cpu, gpu, ram, psu, gpu driver) and whether you are using your Q2 w/Link or wireless w/Virtual Desktop. I have tried using my Q1 both ways and it works fine (almost as good as with my Rift cv1) but I still prefer to run all my sims with my Vive Pro.

Aside; I think it's very good that ipacs is prepared to give you a Steam code since it's a much more convenient way to keep RC8 updated and/or install it on a different PC. Also, Steam apps lets you run these on your other PC's as long as you are logged in, but you can only run then one at a time. This is good if you have a laptop that you may sometimes use for travel. Right now you need to purchase a 2nd licence in order to do this with the original download or dvd versions. I have the Original download version and I may request a Steam code as well. Just make sure it includes the Basic version plus both addons since this is what the full original Download and DVD versions includes.