Map window while in VR?

• I have no answer but you posted in the forum for the mobile versions of AFS2, maybe you can ask again at the right place?

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• It extremely rarely happened to me, but the map poped up itself somehow while flying. Suspending the flight. I don't know how it occurs! It’s like a bug, but there’s the “go to back” button to return to the flight.

AFS2021 iPad Pro 11-inch. It looks to be patched with 2021.21

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS (February 25, 2021 at 3:32 PM).

• Not exactly what your asking but in most aircraft you can activate a map on one of the cockpit displays....

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• Thank you all for the replies and for moving the topic to the right forum 😉 .

To answer Peter, unfortunately the R22 is my main ride and no cockpit map available on that one 😟

To answer Oldahpilot, can you please elaborate a bit on how to do that. I’m also very new to VR and I have no idea of how to bind the map to a button in the controller. Also, I use a Reverb G2 and it might be different with Oculus or other controllers.

Thanks,

Maurice

• I'm afraid we have to use the other helicopters for a map, it would be nice to have the option for a tablet with map in the R22, it's my favourite chopper too.

Tried the moving map with key 'M' and assigned to a joystick button (in settings>controls>simulation) but that has never worked in VR, I'm curious what Oldahpilot means?

Only thing working for me in VR are landmarks (those letters in the sky), no map.....

Regards,

Peter Splinter

• I'm afraid we have to use the other helicopters for a map, it would be nice to have the option for a tablet with map in the R22, it's my favourite chopper too.

Tried the moving map with key 'M' and assigned to a joystick button (in settings>controls>simulation) but that has never worked in VR, I'm curious what Oldahpilot means?

Only thing working for me in VR are landmarks (those letters in the sky), no map.....

A tablet with map would be amazing indeed. Hoping Oldahpilot will clarify what he said.

• Can you please explain how you did that?

Thank you

Hi Maurice,

First time back on the forum since I gave that answer, I've just started the sim and can't get the button to display the map in VR, odd, it works in 2D still. I'll do some more investigation as it's been a while since I've redone my key and button bindings. and i'm mainly on another sim at the moment.

• Hi Maurice,

First time back on the forum since I gave that answer, I've just started the sim and can't get the button to display the map in VR, odd, it works in 2D still. I'll do some more investigation as it's been a while since I've redone my key and button bindings. and i'm mainly on another sim at the moment.

Well, I'll be pleasantly shocked if you ever get that working again. I tried every possible assignment and no joy :(

• Until that happens you could use FSWidgets.

VR display could be via OVR Toolkit or WMR Cliff House Follow Me.

Well, I don't mind spending US 55.00 for that map, but not until I am sure it will work with VR. The site says it is compatible with Aerofly, but does not mention VR. I am not familiar with OVR Toolkit or Cliff House follow me, so I need to research that .

Thanks

• Well, I don't mind spending US 55.00 for that map, but not until I am sure it will work with VR. The site says it is compatible with Aerofly, but does not mention VR. I am not familiar with OVR Toolkit or Cliff House follow me, so I need to research that .

Thanks

Yes I'll try the FSWidgets GMapsHD demo which is limited to the SF Bay area, it needs the Network Pack to connect. Looks time consuming - kind of - for something that should be built-in.

FSWidgets

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F

• The new SteamVR beta adds running an application window attached to a VR controller visible in every SteamVR game.
    I have not tested it yet but this should work with Aerofly FS2 and a map (Spotify/music player, chat app etc.) in a window.....

Article: https://www.roadtovr.com/steamvr-beta-u…troller-attach/

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Regards,

Peter Splinter

Edited 3 times, last by PjotR22 (March 26, 2021 at 12:55 AM).

• Even if this works, it is not that useful for Aerofly FS2. The map I would like to see is the actual Aerofly map which shows all the added sceneries and airports/helipads as well as your current location. A regular VFR map would be rather useless if it does not show your location as well.

My 2 cents 😊