Update 2.06.01.01 via Steam!

• ''This update reduces overall memory consumption and introduces some Vulkan rendering changes for better stability''.

Thanks to much!

Cheers,

Pascal

Intel I7-4930MX - 3,90 GHz - 32 Go - GTX 880M - 8 Go - Samsung SSD M.2 250 Go + Samsung SSD M.2 750 Go - Win10 Pro

Edited once, last by Tomfa ().

• ''This update reduces overall memory consumption and introduces some Vulkan rendering changes for better stability''.

So I wonder which vague Vulkan instability this fixes? VR related like Quest2 + Link or Vulkan more broadly like CTD's at my favourite Innsbruck?

[+] Nope still crashes LOWI. Was it the birds in brunnobellic's fantastic animated traffic that uncovered the instability & made Vulkan fall over?

• This update mainly adressed issues when using integrated GPUs. Besides that there should be less stuttering when loading/unloading new airports while flying.

Please keep in mind we usually do not test with user addon sceneries, there are simply too many. To check if those sceneries are causing issues, start Aerofly FS without any user content ( this is a special start option from within the Steam client ).

• So I wonder which vague Vulkan instability this fixes? VR related like Quest2 + Link or Vulkan more broadly like CTD's at my favourite Innsbruck?

[+] Nope still crashes LOWI. Was it the birds in brunnobellic's fantastic animated traffic that uncovered the instability & made Vulkan fall over?

yes iv fixed the problem with the new birds and it runs in vulcan ill up load in about an hour and it will be inns traffic v4 so all you have to do is delete the old file then put the new on in . I'm also going to fix Geneva today to .

• Since this update, I experience strange glitches under Vulkan. Feels as if everytime a new images are loaded elevation is a bit behind, or whatever. With slower planes, lets say 120 knots, it happens every couple of minutes. With fast planes, e.g. F15, it happens every couple of seconds.

This happens with both official (tested near Las Vegas and Meiringen, CH) and user-generated scenery.

I am one who should benefit from the update (Vulkan+integrated GPU).

Video:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That integrated GPU card has probably less then 6GB VideoRAM and that could be the problem, or did it run well before the update?
    Better post your tm.log here (see Aerofly Wiki)...

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Quest 2 with Pro Headmount, 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• So I wonder which vague Vulkan instability this fixes? VR related like Quest2 + Link or Vulkan

That bug is still present, unfortunately. I've mentioned it now several times in this forum and even tagged IPACS crew, but haven't gotten any acknowledgment at all. Since it only happens with Link, it might be Oculus' bug rather than IPACS', but AFS2 is the only VR app I own that has this issue with Link. It has to be something specific to their Vulkan rendering implementation that is triggering the bug.

Here is one of the posts explaining the issue: RE: VR Responsiveness

There used to be another thread where I also described it, but that thread appears to have vanished. It was the one from a while back where a number of users were getting a black screen in Oculus headsets when running Vulkan. That particular issue was fixed, but the head tracking dragging/lagging with Link was not.

• madpat: What GPU do you use and please post tm.log. It looks like the glitches come from a bad synchronisation when we update the scenery mesh. Ensure you update your 3D driver to the latest version.

qwerty42: We have not checked Aerofly FS with the Quest devices and our Vulkan renderer, we recommend to use OpenGL in this case.

• tm.log attached. I know it contains a lot of errors with user-generated content.

I didn't change anything, but didn`t fly for a couple of weeks. It was the first time after the update that I noticed this behaviour, and it certainly didn`t happen before.

I use an Asus Zenbook, AMD Ryzen 7 with AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 integrated GPU (2GB VRAM). "Recommended" Drivers are up-to-date , there is a newer, optional version available from March 18th though.

Wanted to to try and disable all user generated content with the Steam start option mentioned above, but didn`t find that option in Steam? Maybe I can simply rename the addons folder...

Thanks,

Patrick

tm.log

• Updated drivers to newest optional version, now Aerofly crashes immediately when trying to load takeoff position at Meiringen. New tm.log attached.tm.log

Edit: Reverted to latest recommended drivers, previous problem re-occured (I was kind of hoping that maybe the drivers needed repairing/reinstalling).

Edit 2: Just out of curiosity, I renamed the addon and scenery folder under users/xy/Aerofly.... Issue still exists, but tm.log shows no errors now, maybe easier to scan now.tm.log

• admin: The Quest 2 has sold very well and is now the most used PCVR headset (with link cable) on Steam....
    I don't mind using OpenGL for now but I hope you will use a Quest 2 for testing in the future too.

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Quest 2 with Pro Headmount, 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• Patrick: A 2 GB VRAM GPU is not ideal for Aerofly FS with Vulkan renderer. Once we hit the 2 GB GPU limit all kind of 'funny' things can happen. We don't have a similar hardware yet, so we can't tune Aerofly FS to this dedicated scenario.

Well, it did run very well before the update. I have about 10fps more than with OpenGL, and these fps are dearly needed since overall performance is on the lower limit.

• Well, it did run very well before the update. I have about 10fps more than with OpenGL, and these fps are dearly needed since overall performance is on the lower limit.

In my case I even can't taste VULKAN ^^ as IPACS never upgraded their support for MX 110 Graphics Card. I get around 30-35 Fps or even more at HIGH Settings using OpenGL and TrackIR. But don't know what VULKAN will give me in terms of FPS..

Can you Guess Sir/Madam? :D:/:)

• Patrick: A 2 GB VRAM GPU is not ideal for Aerofly FS with Vulkan renderer. Once we hit the 2 GB GPU limit all kind of 'funny' things can happen. We don't have a similar hardware yet, so we can't tune Aerofly FS to this dedicated scenario.

I admit I don`t have a particular gaming machine here, but due to its modest requirements, Aerofly mostly works.

When flying, I checked the VRAM usage, and it was at 75%, the Radeon dashboard said. Tried with OpenGL for a while, but Vulkan is simply better and more fluid - when it runs.

BTW: I really appreciate you guys answering on Sundays!

• The optional Radeon driver has now become the recommended one. Aerofly does not run under vulkan there, crashes when trying to load the game engine.

OpenGL is not a solution here, even with 1600x900 and all settings to low some sceneries result in fps below 20. I tried to reinstall the original graphics drivers, then Vulkan worked again with the issue described in the video above. But it`s A LOT more fluid, significantly more fps, even with higher resolution and quality settings in the game. But I didn`t want to use outdated drivers on my system, so I updatet again, meaning Vulkan is not possible anymore.

It`s really a pity this happened, because Aerofly worked fine before that update.

• Thank god someones confirms my issues, sometimes I think my not-so-gaming setup is way off any other equipment that pilots here use so I can't expect any dedicated fixes.

Do you also have an integrated GPU or are these drivers the same for all Radeon graphic cards/chips?