Blurry scenery in version 20.21.27

• A device released four years ago might be allocated less demanding graphics settings in updated Aerofly, there are no user graphics settings choices with the apple versions of this software.

I have recently been noticing similar effects with my iPad pro 10.5 and in addition when really maxed out in the available settings, the throttle and rudder seem less able to respond at the same time. I can't complain with a 5 year old design in fact I'm surprised by how good it still is.

The UK scenery seems more demanding than Florida even though it looks washed out and soft (a realistic weather simulation?).

Edited 2 times, last by Overloaded: IPad pro designation changed by iPadOS (June 29, 2021 at 7:42 AM).

• A device released four years ago might be allocated less demanding graphics settings in updated Aerofly, there are no user graphics settings choices with the apple versions of this software.

I have recently been noticing similar effects with my iPad pro 9.7 and in addition when really maxed out in the available settings, the throttle and rudder seem less able to respond at the same time. I can't complain with a 5 year old design in fact I'm surprised by how good it still is.

The UK scenery seems more demanding than Florida even though it looks washed out and soft (a realistic weather simulation?).

But before this update it was running smooth without blurry scenery. I don’t feel any improvement in performance with this update, so I don’t see why this was necessary.

• On iOS we divide all devices into 4 different device categories. For each category we have fixed quality settings. With Aerofly FS 2021 we saw that our category for the top performance was a little bit 'too much' so we had to reduce some things to avoid crashes. One of those changes was that we reduced the texture anisotropy setting that has a big influence.

• On iOS we divide all devices into 4 different device categories. For each category we have fixed quality settings. With Aerofly FS 2021 we saw that our category for the top performance was a little bit 'too much' so we had to reduce some things to avoid crashes. One of those changes was that we reduced the texture anisotropy setting that has a big influence.

Thank you for your efforts in trying to resolve the crashes, but at least I didn’t experience any crashes besides those in London, which weren’t fixed with this update. I hope that there will be another way to resolve crashes, because this isn’t a good sacrifice in my opinion.

Edited once, last by FM Aviation (May 2, 2021 at 4:54 PM).

• Sadly I don’t enjoy Aerofly anymore because of this. And as I really don’t see any performance improvements with this update, I would like to have the old drawing distance back. It looks even worse at cruising altitude as you can see in these pictures:

I’d like to ask if anyone else experiences any performance improvements with this update, cause as I said there was no performance improvement for me.

• I’d like to ask if anyone else experiences any performance improvements with this update, cause as I said there was no performance improvement for me.

Same here. The performance improvements were done by lowering memory usage and so resolution.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• It depends of the side I watch at!

At first I encountered crashes at Manchester for example. Today no crash but sometimes a blurry scenery instead.

They explained somewhere in the forum, that they changed memory usage to less memory usage to solve crashes. Les memory = less scenery loaded at full resolution = blurry scenery.

I don’t remember that it happens with iPhone 12 Pro (6 Gb RAM), but it surely happens with iPad Pro (4 Gb RAM).

I have a lot of hopes with iPad Pro M1 (8Gb + very very high power).

My actual settings: limit frame rate, no traffic, a few clouds, never fly in England

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• I had crashes in Manchester too, but they were solved with a previous update, so for me there really wasn’t any improvement.

• If we increase the scenery draw distance back to the previous version then the cockpit texture resolution also has to be decreased again. You can't have both at the same time, there just is not enough memory on most mobile devices without the operating system closing the app for you.

But the improved cockpit texture resolution came with the previous update and the decreased drawing distance came with this update. And with the previous version I didn’t experience any crashes.( besides those in London, which weren’t fixed yet)