• I've made progress in learning how to generate ortho tiles and now I would like to add cultivation. When I search for information on how to do it everything points to "cultivation the simple way" and rodeo's vid. However, the scripts when run with sceneproc are throwing errors with building, plants and points in polygon. I'm assuming the program has been updated and the scripts are no longer valid or need to be modified. I came across some info on adding zeros and what not to take care of the plant errors but can't figure out how to fix the rest of the errors. I'm trying to learn the ropes here so any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll take whatever time is needed to learn the coding or how to generate my own script. I'm determined to do this, even if I lose my mind in the process. I just need someone to point me in the right direction on where I could gain this knowledge. I truly enjoy all the member generated content for this wonderful sim and would love to create and share my own. Thank you!

• Verserage March 12, 2021 at 4:49 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “cultivation made easy tutorial script” to “scenproc scripts”.
  • I've made progress in learning how to generate ortho tiles and now I would like to add cultivation. When I search for information on how to do it everything points to "cultivation the simple way" and rodeo's vid. However, the scripts when run with sceneproc are throwing errors with building, plants and points in polygon. I'm assuming the program has been updated and the scripts are no longer valid or need to be modified. I came across some info on adding zeros and what not to take care of the plant errors but can't figure out how to fix the rest of the errors. I'm trying to learn the ropes here so any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll take whatever time is needed to learn the coding or how to generate my own script. I'm determined to do this, even if I lose my mind in the process. I just need someone to point me in the right direction on where I could gain this knowledge. I truly enjoy all the member generated content for this wonderful sim and would love to create and share my own. Thank you!

I have updated my tutorial with working files. If you need further help just send me a PM.

Best wishes, Michael :)

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB (March 12, 2021 at 9:52 AM).

• If you are interested and want to learn the fast and easy way. I would be more than happy to show you on a video call. Just send me a personal message.

Hi,

I am close to completing my first scenery, an extension of your NYC/LI build. I've continued cultivating to east end of LI with exclusion zone around most of LI's airfields. I'm hoping that once I'm granted access to cloud port I will try my hand at building a few of those. I was very thoughtful re. the transition boundary between your work and mine to ensure there was no overlap using Scenery Editor. Next I'm going to move on to Block Island and Martha's Vineyard. Anyhow, I'd love to share my work, but was wondering if there is any quality control or checks that can be done before I submit it? Also, even when I zip the files it appears they are too large to attach on here or flight-sim.org. Any help would be appreciated. And thanks for the inspiration to try this out for myself. It's a lot of fun. Even though it took me about a week to learn!

Thanks Again

Tom

• I'm hoping that once I'm granted access to cloud port I will try my hand at building a few of those.

Phil aka Spit40 is probably super busy with his https://authentikit.org/ project. Hopefully you get access soon, as FSCloudPort is a nice easy tool to use.

Hello Tom, cultivation can be a fun hobby, yet it can be very tedious at times. As far as quality control/checks, if you are only running autogen buildings and lights, then there isn't much double checking other than to check and see if you are running the new IPAC Content Converter that automatically takes your data and compiles it into level 10 side grids. This drastically helps improve performance. For example, my New York City Lights addon from 2018 does not actually run with this format. However it still runs fine, as Aerofly is a very powerful engine.

So typically when you take all of your OSM data and run the IPACs script through scenProc, it compiles all of the raw data into a TOC file. Which then can be opened and inspected. However, if you run those source TOC files through the IPACs content converter, it will then compress and optimize your large TOC files into significantly smaller TOC files, however, they will be encrypted and cannot be further edited. I've had TOC files from 300mb optimized down to 12mb give or take. This really helps when reducing upload sizes to Flight-Sim.org

• Phil aka Spit40 is probably super busy with his https://authentikit.org/ project. Hopefully you get access soon, as FSCloudPort is a nice easy tool to use.

Hello Tom, cultivation can be a fun hobby, yet it can be very tedious at times. As far as quality control/checks, if you are only running autogen buildings and lights, then there isn't much double checking other than to check and see if you are running the new IPAC Content Converter that automatically takes your data and compiles it into level 10 side grids. This drastically helps improve performance. For example, my New York City Lights addon from 2018 does not actually run with this format. However it still runs fine, as Aerofly is a very powerful engine.

So typically when you take all of your OSM data and run the IPACs script through scenProc, it compiles all of the raw data into a TOC file. Which then can be opened and inspected. However, if you run those source TOC files through the IPACs content converter, it will then compress and optimize your large TOC files into significantly smaller TOC files, however, they will be encrypted and cannot be further edited. I've had TOC files from 300mb optimized down to 12mb give or take. This really helps when reducing upload sizes to Flight-Sim.org

Great, ok I've completed the compression as directed with preprocessor. Zip file is approx. 31mb. But still too large to attach? Also, a somewhat related question I've been saving the files uncompressed so I can review with the editor. I've been loading up the final compressed files in VR just to check, primarily the transition zone between your work and mine as I've noticed there have been some flickering buildings along this line. I've been combing and removing with editor. Strange thing is, I've done thorough work fixing these building (deleting the ones that are overlapping others) and when I compress and load up in sim they reappear as if I did not fix them. But the editor shows differently. Is this because the sim is not recognizing the newly revised files yet? Do i need to wipe cache or something? Sorry for long winded reply. I cannot message you. It alerts me you're already in too many conversations, I wish my work email had that feature. haha