Blurry at rez higher than 2880x1440 - SOLVED

• Hi all,

Is anyone else out there running AFS2 on ultra-wide? I fired up AFS2 today, after being away a while, and it now looks noticeably blurry at 5120x1440. Drop it down to 2880x1440, beautifully crisp again. Tried this with the Steam Beta, non-Beta, and Vulkan on and Vulkan off.

Anyone else with an Ultra-Wide seeing this?

Thanks,

Nick

• Hi all,

Is anyone else out there running AFS2 on ultra-wide? I fired up AFS2 today, after being away a while, and it now looks noticeably blurry at 5120x1440. Drop it down to 2880x1440, beautifully crisp again. Tried this with the Steam Beta, non-Beta, and Vulkan on and Vulkan off.

Anyone else with an Ultra-Wide seeing this?

Thanks,

Nick

If you are not in VR, Aerofly is running normal in UHD for me in both modes VULKAN and OpenGL, try to update the Windows.

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .

• If you are not in VR, Aerofly is running normal in UHD for me in both modes VULKAN and OpenGL, try to update the Windows.

Just to confirm, I'm not in VR, and by UHD do you mean 4K? If so, that's different to Ultra-Wide 5120x1440; I have a 4K monitor, and I agree, it runs well and looks sharp at that rez (just tried it). When I went back to 5120x1440, blurry again.

• Just to confirm, I'm not in VR, and by UHD do you mean 4K? If so, that's different to Ultra-Wide 5120x1440; I have a 4K monitor, and I agree, it runs well and looks sharp at that rez (just tried it). When I went back to 5120x1440, blurry again.

Yes I have a 4K UHD monitor. So, looking at your post again, you run at 5K, so I don't have the least idea of that my dear, only the developers should help you.

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .

• @"nick.t: Please give us more details on what computer do you use and if possible post or send us the tm.log file.

Here's my specs:

• Aerofly FS2 Steam Edition (Beta and Standard)
    • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
    • AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12-Core
    • Nvidia FE RTX 3090 24GB VRAM
    • 64GB RAM
    • 2TB nVME

Please find attached my tm.log.

I should re-iterate, this has been working well on my ultra-wide in the past at full 5120x1440 rez.

And quick correction Lucas Bravo , this is a 2K monitor, not a 5K (1440=2K, regardless of horizontal rez).

And thanks!

• Thanks Lucas Bravo ,

I sit well and truly corrected, my apologies. Though I think the point could have been easily made with 1 screenshot, 3 screenshots feels like rubbing my nose in it... and regardless of the definition, it's not what the issue is here, the issue is that the sim used to look as good at 5K as it does now at lower resolutions.

admin,

I realized after sending the above tm.log that I'd been flying at 2880x1440 before I sent it, so I flew at 5120x1440 just now and sent that one, find it attached. I also attached a few screenshots taken at 2880x1440 and 5120x1440, when you look at them at actual size you'll see what I mean.

Thanks again, Nick

• Solved!

Martin just emailed me from IPACs with a Beta update that fixed the issue, thanks Martin! the issue was that my AFS2 was (for some reason we're still trying to figure out) setting the rez at 192x122.. regardless, I'm getting tack sharp 5120x1440 again.

VERY happy customer :)

Cheers all,

Nick

• nick.t April 7, 2021 at 8:29 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Blurry at rez higher than 2880x1440” to “Blurry at rez higher than 2880x1440 - SOLVED”.