Requesting link with Steam

• I need to replace my CPU with a more powerful one, therefore, I especially request Keventions to inform me of the Steam technical support link to receive information on how I should re-download "FS2" on the new CPU. I will also appreciate the information requested from any other user.

Kind regards: Delfin

• Thanks Jan.

It is evident that I have expressed myself wrong. My wish is to download back to the HDD or SDD of the new PC. That's why I need to ask Steam for information on how to carry out this process, since I am going to change my PC for a more powerful one. Since you have answered, can you provide me with the link with Steam, or give me the instructions on how to do it? Thank you very much for your quick response.

• If you had Aerofly through Steam on your old PC, you can just download and install it on the new PC from Steam?

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• Thanks, Peter, but ... Let's see:

What exactly is the procedure to follow? It would be: 1) .- I delete from my current PC, FS 2 2) .- Download on the new PC, FS 2?. Thus, without more controls by Steam ?. I suppose there will be a logical sequence of control by Steam, I suppose they will require a verification that I have deleted FS 2 from my current PC, before proceeding to download it again on another PC. Is not it? Do you have any experience of this process?

Thank you for answering. Ragards:

• You have to log in on the new PC with the same Steam account because you bought the software with that account.
    I was not clear on that I see now, with 'Making a Steam account' I meant downloading Steam and log in with your existing account....

So you can have the same Steam account on both PC's but you have to be logged out of Steam on one PC before you can log in to the same Steam account on the other (new) PC.

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

Edited once, last by PjotR22 (March 30, 2021 at 12:20 AM).

• And then you have to wait....Downloading Aerofly from Steam can take more then six hours depending on the Steam server and your internet connection speed.... :(

Regards,

Peter Splinter

• These matters, as they are rarely done, are forgotten. In my case, I had never done it, that's why I asked you so much. Finally, all my doubts cleared up. Thank you for your insistence and prolonged assistance in solving these doubts.

Sincerely very grateful, Peter

• I had to think about it again too...Some people have Aerofly on a PC and a laptop with same Steam account...
    When Aerofly runs well on the new PC you can copy the Documents/Aerofly FS2 folder to the new PC with all your add on scenery and aircraft....

Regards,

Peter Splinter

• You can have multiple PCs each with Steam installed and you just log into the same Steam account. You can then install Aerofly FS on all of your machines at the same time, there is no need to uninstall it first.

I think when you try to run a program from Steam it then checks if you are not already running it on another computer at the same time. But you can definitely keep the installation on multiple computers.

I'd recommend just downloading the software again using Steam.

You can also copy all of the game files to a removable drive and then copy them to your new machine, which is pretty slow.

What you can also do if you have multiple drives on your new machine or if you already have a dedicated aerofly drive on the old pc: turn off the computers remove the drive from the new pc, put it in the old one, boot the old one, either tell steam to move the files to the new drive or more copy them manually, then shut down, remove drive from old pc, install on new pc, boot new pc and then open steam and check file integrity. This is more for the advanced user or if you have really slow download speeds.

If that is the case you might also want to consider just taking your pc to a friend's place who has better internet and download it there. May well be the quickest option.

• Hi Jan

Once again, thank you very much for your extensive response. Initially I made a mistake (which has never happened to me before): writing in Aerofly FS (mobile version), instead of, PC version. My case is very simple: I replace my current PC with a new one with greater capacities, and to which I have to download FS 2. I had thought to download it directly from Steam (where I bought it), but I assumed that before proceeding to the download, I would have what: delete, uninstall? from my current PC the Sim FS 2. And I suppose that Stean, before downloading the program again, would do some verification, or else, they would have some very specific procedure for this new download operation. That was my only question about how to do it.

NOTE: you add another possibility:

" You can also copy all of the game files to a removable drive and then copy them to your new machine, which is pretty slow."

I had also thought about it, but if I do it like this, is it going to update automatically as this Sim has been doing in reality? I say this, because if I do it like this (manually), there is no link between the program (Sim.) and Steam, for updates.

Once again Jan, thank you very much

• If you copy the files over manually you still have to tell steam on your new device where you installed Aerofly FS. Then steam does a verification check to see if all files are there which requires some time and it downloads some files in the background, too.

But as I said, just install steam on your new device, log in with your steam accounts then select install Aerofly FS 2.

Steam allows multiple installations at the same time...