Any news on using blender to create airports and scenery?

• I have asked if there was work on this a few months ago.. to recap, I want to make KSEA and KRNT for the community at some point. I cannot afford 3dxmax or whatever 3d software was being used in the tutorial. To my recollection, there was talk on someone working on a blender tutorial for this? Or at least a plugin? I get that there is a bunch of stuff going on with the upcoming update, but it would be cool for peeps like me to contribute by making airports... without having to spend so much money on software. :D Any insight would be appreciated thanks.

• I have asked if there was work on this a few months ago.. to recap, I want to make KSEA and KRNT for the community at some point. I cannot afford 3dxmax or whatever 3d software was being used in the tutorial. To my recollection, there was talk on someone working on a blender tutorial for this? Or at least a plugin? I get that there is a bunch of stuff going on with the upcoming update, but it would be cool for peeps like me to contribute by making airports... without having to spend so much money on software. :D Any insight would be appreciated thanks.

If you studied or worked in engineering, you could get a student or teacher version, so 3DSMax is not paid for. Currently, when registering as a student at AutoDesk they ask for a copy of their student documents, which they did not ask for before and anyone could register without much information.

If you want any help call me in private conversations.

Edit: Designer can also serve as a choice to obtain a student license try to obtain a student license.

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .

Edited once, last by Lucas Bravo (April 25, 2021 at 7:36 PM).

• If you studied or worked in engineering, you could get a student or teacher version, so 3DSMax is not paid for.

This is how I currently am acquiring my copy of 3DSMax. Otherwise there is no way a normal person could afford or justify the pricing.

In my opinion, I think it would be better if IPACs created a tool that made airport creation way easier.

• In my opinion, I think it would be better if IPACs created a tool that made airport creation way easier.

Definitely.

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• ok, thanks for the insight guys! But yeah I wish there were an easier way to do airport developement. Imagine all the airports the community can spit out

Well, you just need to cross the street to convince yourself... if you know what I mean

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.