UK region crashing !!!

• Hi I’m new to FS 2021 but not new to Aerofly as I was a beta tester back in 2016 ish.

I have just got my new Ipad 8th gen 32gb and the sim is crashing when flying in the U.K. region around Doncaster. Four times in two days flying the C172.

Overall the world imagery is good but around Derbyshire and near Scunthorpe it’s not so good and very blurry.

• Just to follow up about the UK region crashing. When I turn off the AI traffic but leave the weather on the sim is fine and has not crashed since.

Just a a couple of points:-

Some of the NDB’s in the UK region don’t work, I’ll have to make note.

It’s a shame the level of ground resolution is not the same throughout the the region.

It would be good see the same level of quality across the UK region as California and Switzerland.

In general the 2021 mobile is nothing short of amazing compared with 2015.

• It’s a shame the level of ground resolution is not the same throughout the the region.

It would be good see the same level of quality across the UK region as California and Switzerland.

In general the 2021 mobile is nothing short of amazing compared with 2015.

Good points, wanted to offer my opinion on all these.

1) this is the exact reason I have the UK region but I don’t use it, the scenery looks like it’s been stitched together and there’s no consistency in ground textures, as opposed to the US or Switzerland where the ground is one uniform texture. I asked Jet-Pack about this and he said that it just came from where the region had been mashed together with different sources so I’m guessing this is why we get noticeable squares on UK ground.

2) follows up from 1), I’d prefer a more uniform ground texture before I fly in Britain. Other than that the airports look amazing, especially my joke airport of LHR, with the tower and T5 and Concorde all modelled to an incredible level of detail.

3) I would also agree there, 2021 has come a HUGE way from original Aerofly 1 or even FS2, which, when I got it, I thought it was the best sim ever because it was the first one I’d seen with a proper lighting system and working cockpit instruments. Still has a fair way to go in terms of regions though, and maybe a few more aircraft could be added to the fleet as well. I’m thinking expand to north Florida for Orlando and Jacksonville, maybe NYC in a future release, and then the Pacific Northwest with Oregon and Washington that I thought was going to arrive with FS2021 but we got south Florida and the uk instead.

I’d be open to future discussions on this topic, IPACS did an amazing job with this sim and they never fail to impress, but there are still a few features that are missing which could make Aerofly even better :)

Edited once, last by Phil747 (May 2, 2021 at 6:06 PM).

• Just flew the B737/500 from EGLL west to Wales, turned north to Manchester, east through Lincolnshire, then south over the Wash to land at EGSS using VOR and LNav navigation and the flight was flawless. As you say it’s a shame the ground detail is not consistent and hope one day this could be rectified but did not detract to much flying at 20000 ft.

• When the visibility is turned way down😃 what goes on in the cockpit is what matters, a bit of polishing would make a big difference. Having control of the F-15 navigation would be welcome and of course audio identification of the nav aids in use.

Which NDBs give you bother Niko? perhaps the frequencies in Aero are old (or new) ones? I noticed that there are new IGS frequencies at Sion and Lugano (110.70 and 108.90).

• The problem is with the Aerofly Nav page. It doesn’t show the correct decimal places, LBA should be 402.5 not 402. The actual sim is great, the Whitegate NDB near Manchester on 368.5 works perfectly in 2001 and it is not even on the Nav page!

The UK scenery looks fine in GOOD weather.

Edited once, last by Overloaded (May 2, 2021 at 1:26 PM).