Supersampling VR Grafigkarteneinstellung

• Hallo, für manche Grafikkarten gibt es eine Supersampling Einstellung, wenn ich es richtig verstanden haben, dann stellt dies auf einen Bereich, wo die Augen direkt hinschauen schärfer ein (auf den mittleren Bildbereich), die Schärfe unter RC8 VR mit meiner Grafikkarte (Nvidia RTX 2060) sollte eigentlich besser sein. Laut Dokumentation der Supersamling Einstellung muss die Anwendung (RC8) ein NVIDIA Profil haben und MSAA muss aktiviert sein. Ist dies in RC8 VR vorhanden, bzw. kann es ergänzt werden?

Im Moment ist es so, dass ich nach Aktivierung von Supersampling keine Veränderung in RC8 feststellen kann. Es wäre doch toll, wenn das Modell "richtig gut" zu sehen wäre, im Moment ist es eher schemenhaft , also verschwommen zu sehen. Grafikeinstellungen in RC8 habe ich natürlich alle versucht, auch ULTRA ....

Vielen Dank schon mal für Eure Unterstützung ! :)

Ich lege die Beschreibung aus der NVIDIA Einstellung als Bild bei.

• Do not use these nvidia control panel setting. The best thing is to use all defaults. You may want to try changing the power option to prefer maximum performance, that's all. If you have an integrated gpu besides your dedicated nvidia gpu there is also a top line you should use to prefer using the nvidia gpu.

I've found that to improve the overall visual clarity in VR with RC8 it's best to select high (not Ultra) graphics setting for everything except shadows = low and water = medium. Leave the VR setting for rendering top slider at 1.0. You can also try the main menu graphics set to Vulkan and high AA but not all VR headsets and/or gpu's seem happy with this and may crash. If that is the case go back to OpenGL. I also find it best with rc8 settings to get rid of lens flare and do not use any frame limits (= off). I also use one of the zoom features and move the slider over a little bit (+25-30%). This helps enlarge the model at a distance and makes it easier to see. You can also adjust most models scale to make them a little bigger (I normally restrict this to about 125% max).

Then, for the best clarity (which will depend on your PC hardware) you adjust super sampling within your headset's VR system (you do not say which one you use). With my Vive Pro I use SteamVR settings/video/by app and set this slider as high as I can. Start off with 100% and slowly increase this by 10% at a time until I cannot maintain FPS = to the headset's refresh rate (90Hz refresh so, 90FPS in my case). This should be the same for all SteamVR headsets like the Index and probably also WMR headsets. For Oculus headsets you need to use either the Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) or Oculus Debug Tool (ODT) and adjust the super sampling (SS) in a similar fashion starting off a 1.0 and slowly increasing this 0.1 at a time.

Important to note that every time you change SS you need to restart RC8 for these setting to take place. Your rtx2060 is not all that powerful for very good VR but you should still get pretty good results. If you are new to VR please do note expect the visuals to be as good as you get with a monitor. The main advantage with VR is its immersion. Good luck and cheers mate.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• Hello Tom, thank you very much for the many tips. I will test everything.

I forgot to say I have an Oculus Rift s. I've already tested some settings, but the clarity could really be better.

You have tested Vive Pro? You think Vive are better?

Which VR glasses would you recommend for the today for RC8?, there are many new ones on the market.

Thanks

Edited once, last by HRa (April 22, 2021 at 7:32 PM).

• Hello Tom, thank you very much for the many tips. I will test everything.

I forgot to say I have an Oculus Rift s. I've already tested some settings, but the clarity could really be better.

You have tested Vive Pro? You think Vive are better?

Which VR glasses would you recommend for the today for RC8?, there are many new ones on the market.

Thanks

I think your Oculus Rift S should be fine for some time to come. I have used one and properly setup it works well with most pcvr games and sims. I also have an Oculus Quest 1 (and had the newer Quest 2, before returning it). Neither of these work as well as a Rift S or Rift cv1 with rc8 imho. If you have a Rift S please learn to use the free Oculus Tray Tool (OTT). Google it for more info. I find this very useful in order to help get the best out of any Oculus headset. There is a good manual included with OTT so you need to give it a good read.

Once you find the amount of SS your pc can handle (= still being able to maintain 80fps in your case), if you want more you'll need to buy a better gpu (maybe a rtx3070 or better). Unfortunately, new gpu's are expensive and hard to find right now. I paid a small fortune for my new rtx3090, lol! I still think you should get pretty good results with your rtx2060, esp. if you take the time and effort to get the best out of it.

As much as I love using my Vive Pro with all my sims, including rc8, it cost me a lot of $'s so I probably would not recommend it to most users. For example, just the Index controllers cost me more than a new Rift S, lol! Also, I don't think that Vive support is as good as Oculus support. If I were you I'd hold off buying any new pcvr headsets until we get true Gen2's, maybe in 2022. If you feel the need to spend $'s, maybe think about investing in a a better gaming PC, or at least upgrade a few bits of your current pc. Also, learning how to get the best out of what you have is free and is the most worthwhile thing you can do right now imho. Good luck and cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro