Scenery installation madness

• Hello,

I have tried to install freeware sceneries from fscloudport and flight-sim.org and nothing works. I looked for documentation on the internet and I found plenty of explanations, inconsistant with each others, and none of them works.

I assume that has change in a recent version and available explanations are obsolete. I also assume there is somewhere and up to date documentation but I did not find it.

First, I would like to say that I installed the amazing Hawai scenery, I did what the documentation stated, copying the folders in C:\Users\...\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery, and that works flawlessly.

However, when I try to install other freeware, it does not work. For example I tried to install l'île d'yeu. The documentation says: "Simply unzip the file and put the LFEY folder where you usually put your airport sceneries. Note it is a 'one folder package' "

I tried everywhere.

In Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery, nothing works.

In Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery, nothings works.

in Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\airports, the airport works! but not hi-res photos and not buildings

In Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\places, the building works, but not hi-res photos and airport.

There has to be somewhere where you can just put the complete folder and everything works, but I could not find it. Same thing with other sceneries from flight-sim.org

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• First, I would like to say that I installed the amazing Hawaii scenery, I did what the documentation stated, copying the folders in C:\Users\...\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery, and that works flawlessly.

Great to specifically hear this, we tried to make our Hawaii project as easy to install as possible.

In regards to other freeware. They consist of either using the places folder or the images folder individually. Meaning it requires two separate folder locations.

However, when I try to install other freeware, it does not work. For example I tried to install l'île d'yeu. The documentation says: "Simply unzip the file and put the LFEY folder where you usually put your airport sceneries. Note it is a 'one folder package' "

For this specific freeware, simply add it to the places folder. There are no images in this download.

Make sure you take 'LFEY' folder out of the parent folder and delete 'Yeu_ island_LFEY_airport_and_cultivation'

• Thanks a lot. I was confused, I did not realize there were two different packages, one for the objects and one for the images. I downloaded the other package and it works.

And thanks again for Hawai, it is really great that we can get such quality freeware on AFS2.