Ansichten unter VR

• Hallo, die Ansichten unter VR (Oculus Rift s) wie Wind oder Tachometer sind nicht im Menü unter VR vorhanden.

Ist dies technisch nicht möglich.

Wäre gut, wenn man unter der Brille auch die Geschwindigkeit etc. sehen könnte. :)

Vielen Dank und Grüße

Hermann

• The VR headset interests me, I will test the Quest 2 tomorrow before making the decision to buy it.

• Hallo, die Ansichten unter VR (Oculus Rift s) wie Wind oder Tachometer sind nicht im Menü unter VR vorhanden.

Wäre gut, wenn man unter der Brille auch die Geschwindigkeit etc. sehen könnte. :)

Vielen Dank und Grüße

Hermann

RC8 development: can we get speed and altitude as windows in the VR glasses?

• My test results under Aerofly RC8 and Realflight 9.5 with the Occulus Quest 2.

For this tests, I made several adjustments on the RC simulators and in the occulus settings to try to get the best result. The tests lasted about 1 hour 30 minutes.

The graphic quality of realistic photo landscapes and 3D landscapes is generally good without more. Nothing to do with the graphics quality of a 2K screen. a defect in the vertical position of the airplane under aerofly RC8 when it approaches you.

On the other hand, the graphic quality of the plane is much lower and slightly blurry. This creates a feeling of separation with the landscape.

The simulation is increased because you follow the plane with your head and you can look all around you. In 3D landscapes, indoors, it takes a while to get used to and your head sways giving the impression of vertigo.

To conclude, I would say that investing in a VR headset for simulators that are not initially designed entirely for VR it is thing to think twice.

• Hello Jparia, are you using openGL? Vulkan have a bug and it is shaky and makes you have a bad stomach.

With openGL I don't feel sick. :)

It is with Airlink or Link with cable?

And yes the clarity could be better in RC8. Sometimes in the middle of the view a little wobbly with me too.

I also feel the all-round view with VR glasses is great, much better than with a monitor screen, since then I've even been able to land well :)

The investment in a Quest 2 is cheap at around 350 euros.

What do you think between RC8 and 9.5?

Greetings Hermann

Edited 4 times, last by HRa (May 12, 2021 at 7:52 PM).

• Hi Hermann,

I have not tested with Vulkan, I knew there are issues with it.

the two simulators are equal in VR.

A preference for RF with photo realistic landscapes

• Hi Hermann,

I have not tested with Vulkan, I knew there are issues with it.

the two simulators are equal in VR.

A preference for RF with photo realistic landscapes

You can run RC8 in Vulkan if you use SteamVR mode. Very easy to do, google is your friend. RF9.5 looks like a washed out pile of something with any Oculus headsets imho.

With both RC sims you need to use 3D fields for VR (or 4D in RC8 speak, lol!). Maybe better to post things after at least a few more days use/experience.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Edited once, last by TomC RLG (May 13, 2021 at 2:37 AM).

• Vous pouvez exécuter RC8 en Vulkan si vous utilisez le mode SteamVR. Très facile à faire, Google est votre ami. RF9.5 ressemble à un tas lavé de quelque chose avec n’importe quel casque Oculus imho.

Avec les deux SIM RC, vous devez utiliser des champs 3D pour vr (ou 4D dans RC8 parler, lol!). Peut-être mieux de poster des choses après au moins quelques jours d’utilisation plus / expérience.

at first I was very disappointed with the quality. After more than 1 hour and a lot of adjustments, that was enough for me to give me an opinion on VR.

can be wait for the next generation or test the "valve index" which in terms of resolution is higher than Quest 2

• You can run RC8 in Vulkan if you use SteamVR mode. Very easy to do, google is your friend. RF9.5 looks like a washed out pile of something with any Oculus headsets imho.

With both RC sims you need to use 3D fields for VR (or 4D in RC8 speak, lol!). Maybe better to post things after at least a few more days use/experience.

Can you more explain how to use RC8 with Vulcan and SteamVR, can't find this at Google.🤷 Is this a parameter from the RC8 exe?

• Can you more explain how to use RC8 with Vulcan and SteamVR, can't find this at Google.🤷 Is this a parameter from the RC8 exe?

If this is too hard to find, just continue to use OpenGL. Really not much difference between it and Vulkan with RC8 anyway imho.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• Kann hier Mal jemand von Ipacs antworten, bitte:

Hallo, die Ansichten unter VR (Oculus Rift s) wie Wind oder Tachometer sind nicht im Menü unter VR vorhanden.

Vielen Dank und Grüße

Hermann