Hawaiian Islands Part4: Big Island (Final)

• Aloha! Here is the final part to our freeware project Hawaiian Islands. Have fun!

Hawaiian Islands Part4: Big Island

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…g-island-final/

By Team Members:

Tom - TomSimMuc Phil - Spit40 Ray - Jetjockey10

Karl-Heinz - Rodeo Michael - ussiowa Paul - Kloot

Colin - brunnobellic Christophe - chrispriv Andy - donka

Jake - ZoSoChile Balazs - Kisvakond Michael - Apfelflieger

• Logged into flight-sim dot org I can download the pdf file but when I try to download the larger zip files I get the message that You have reached your monthly traffic limit and this just sends me back to the previous page. I have tried signing out then in again but this does not seem to help. I also tried clearing my cache but this did not help either. I have an unlimited internet plan so I don't think that the problem is at my end. I downloaded some large files from Steam earlier no problem. Too bad, I've really been looking forward to this. ;(

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• Logged into flight-sim dot org I can download the pdf file but when I try to download the larger zip files I get the message that You have reached your monthly traffic limit and this just sends me back to the previous page. I have tried signing out then in again but this does not seem to help. I also tried clearing my cache but this did not help either. I have an unlimited internet plan so I don't think that the problem is at my end. I downloaded some large files from Steam earlier no problem. Too bad, I've really been looking forward to this. ;(

Sorry to hear, I have no control over this. My advice, quit downloading everything ;):P

• Thanks again!!! :)

Winrar can't extract the two parts...Downloaded 7-Zip and extraction works fine as stated in the PDF.

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

Edited once, last by PjotR22 (May 3, 2021 at 12:56 PM).

• Sorry to hear, I have no control over this. My advice, quit downloading everything ;):P

I tried getting rid of browser history, cookies and cleared cache but none of that worked. What finally worked was to right click on the file and select Open Link in incognito window. This then allowed me to download the two zip files where I wanted them to go. I've never ever needed to go Incognito before. Made me feel like a super sleuth, lol!

The rest was pretty straightforward and it all seems to work fine. Beautiful scenery, including the 3x ladies at the Sheraton Hotel pool, lol! Not much animations, just golf carts and sailboats, plus a few hover cars and trucks. I think we got spoilt by the animation on the other islands. Still, very beautiful to fly around. Thanks very much for all the efforts that went into giving us the Hawaiian Islands. If I ever meet up with any of you developers I'll shout you a Mai Tia cocktail. Cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Hello ,

Our server detects your mailadress "bigpond" as spam / fake mail accounts server,

and so he tries to protect us from spam and bandwidth theft things ( you can read this at registration).

So its better to use mailadresses for registration which are not listet on those lists or have bad rankings ...

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• Thanks again!!! :)

Winrar can't extract the two parts...Downloaded 7-Zip and extraction works fine as stated in the PDF.

7 zip https://www.7-zip.de/ ( is freeware ) have no problem with extraction ...

so I didnt understand why people use payware (with problems) :)

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• Also my great thank you to everyone involved to complete the Hawaiian Islandgroup via this 4th part and

that all for free to enjoy the AFS2-community. :*:);)

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• Hello ,

Our server detects your mailadress "bigpond" as spam / fake mail accounts server,

and so he tries to protect us from spam and bandwidth theft things ( you can read this at registration).

So its better to use mailadresses for registration which are not listet on those lists or have bad rankings ...

Well maybe you need to re-check and modify that list mate. Bigpond is part of Telstra and is the largest internet provider in Australia. Their servers even trim most spam automatically for me. Safe as houses. I have not had a problem downloading files in the past, including the rest of the Hawaiian Islands. and had no problems registering my e-mail address with your site. This just started now. So, please do me a favour and see if you can make exceptions since I cannot simply get a different e-mail just for your site. I download and upload lots of files and videos to other sites, including YouTube, without any problems. Thanks mate and cheers.

• I think this is not the right place to discuss this, also 3 time writing in different places ... your private problem in this forum ,

in our forum, and also in our download-base is not ... ?! :) smart :whistling:

For private problems like this, write a mail to me .. or maximum ...one time in our forum ( where the problem exist )

I cannot ( and dont want) write 3 times in diffent places and have a look in all forums of the world

where people have a problem with downloads from us and anser it there ...

I will check it, but the list ( with thousends of servers ) is daily updated and not under my control, its an App

on our server, who looks in this list ( which is not on our server ).

But I have to look naxt days, when i have time ... in moment much stress here ..

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• I actually only wrote this on 2 places, not 3. This Aerofly forum and on your site in the relevant Hawaii part 4 area. I only did this so I could see if others might be having problems with this and/or to forewarn that their may be a potential problem downloading these files from your site. Sorry, I certainly did not mean to add to your current stress levels mate. When the dust settles down for you I would appreciate it if you can look into this for me. I promise not to post this again anywhere else and will direct future posts only at your site as you have requested. Many thanks for all the great work you do for all of us! Cheers.

• "bigpond" have bad rankings ...

I've always felt a migraine coming on whenever I used to call them.

OTOH these guys are off the scale. Fantastic work, right at the top of the list !

Tom - TomSimMuc Phil - Spit40 Ray - Jetjockey10

Karl-Heinz - Rodeo Michael - ussiowa Paul - Kloot

Colin - brunnobellic Christophe - chrispriv Andy - donka

Jake - ZoSoChile Balazs - Kisvakond Michael - Apfelflieger

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F

• Beautiful and fantastic! Thank you very much to everyone for this project! :):love::thumbup:

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4