• Since updating my FS2 DVD version to 2.05.03.29 its playing up. Starting a flight from a RW or in the air my FPS can be as little as 10, move the aircraft start the sim again and some times the FPS recovers. I have tested my GTX960 GPU its OK with the latest driver. Testing with an old driver no change. The ONLY change was the last update.

So the question is can I roll back my FS2 to the previous version without having to reinstall all the DVD's?

Thank you for any help in advance.

Best wishes, Michael :)

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB (May 6, 2021 at 5:18 PM).

• Hi. No one else has offered their wisdom so hard luck, here is my tuppence worth

I have an overclocked strix gtx950 so I’ve got slightly less graphics performance unless you have 4 GB in which case you are way ahead of me.

My PC FS2 is steam version 2.06.05.13 so it might not be identical. I have a fixed 60 fps using my graphics card software and similar in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

My FS2 graphics settings are currently

Texture quality ultra

Terrain mesh quality medium

.. image .. high

shadow quality high

Building density medium

Tree density low.

I mix these about a little bit and I think I could set them higher about a year ago. I might see a momentary mid 50s fps if I’m really maxing out plane and scenery and nav aids and loaded navigation and weather and dusk/dawn all at the same time.

Do you get similar? I have overclocked the card and have adjusted the NVIDIA Control Panel settings but our IPACS friends do not recommend that.

I use an overclocked 2 core cpu running at 4.3 GHz. I have a 4 GHz 8 thread Xeon waiting to be fitted but I’m really waiting for the graphics card famine to end.

I hope you get better help than this!

• Many thanks "Overloaded" for getting back to my cry for help. Every thing was fine working perfectly OK until I installed the latest update as listed above.

My settings are fixed at 60 FPS in FS2 and every quality set at HIGH it will work OK set at ULTRA. Yes my GPU is 4 GB. I used to get 60 FPS and with the limiter OFF around 150 to 200 FPS no problem at all.

Now I start a flight and it jumps around 10 FPS, some times you change the location and or aircraft and it will lock again at 60 FPS.

I have RC7 and that runs at 125 FPS.

I want to roll back to the last version but don't want to waste my time re installing all the DVD's.

I thought that perhaps there may be a way to do it?

My computer specs are listed below.

• @IZ0JUB: Could you please disable any 3rd party content and check if this has any influence?

Hello Admin thank you for getting back to me. When you say 3rd party content are you referring to photo scenery and cultivation not of IPACS doing?

PS Disabled all photo scenery and cultivation. Flight from Half Moon Bay USA in Cessna cockpit 190 FPS, outside view of aircraft 256 FPS. Take off and a few minutes into flight big stutter 20 FPS then 15 to 28 FPS. Go back and start flight on RW at Half Moon Bay 28 FPS inside cockpit. Graphics frame rate switch off in FS2. Nvidia control panel set to "Let the 3D application decide".

Edited 2 times, last by IZ0JUB (May 6, 2021 at 8:31 PM).

• Hello Michael ..

for next time ... use Veeam Agent for Windows ... its free, its make a 100 % copy of your Diskdrive ...

When everyting runs ...

Then ...when there is a problem, you can go back to this timestamp ... and check every details what makes the problem ...

I make it since years ..also for backup and restore, or change HDD / SSD

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• Hello Michael ..

for next time ... use Veeam Agent for Windows ... its free, its make a 100 % copy of your Diskdrive ...

When everyting runs ...

Then ...when there is a problem, you can go back to this timestamp ... and check every details what makes the problem ...

I make it since years ..also for backup and restore, or change HDD / SSD

TXS Jens 73