Saitek/Logitech flight instrument panel (FIP) does not work

• Hello,

i bought 4 Saitek/Logitech flight instrument panels (FIP). But it doest not work. First, i installed the driver from the logitech support website. But only the both arror keys in middle of the FIP flashes 3 times in red light. Then there are off and nothing further happens. No display, no activity. I try another FIP. But also no function.

I use windows 10 home with Sim-software Aerofly FS 2.

Is there someone who can help ? What is the mistake ?

Kind regards

carver

Edited 2 times, last by carver: Hello, now an own update for my issue. The first problem was, that windows dit not recognized the USB device/ instrument panel. So, i installed an compatible driver (Mad catz pro flight from softpedia) https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/JOYSTICK-GAMEPAD-WHEELS-and-TABLETS/OTHERS/Mad-Catz-Saitek-Pro-Flight-Instrument-Panel-Driver-70471-64-bit.shtml#download​ and fallowed the instruction to install. I plug the instrument panel to the USB port. And then .... after the red flashing of the arror keys, the display awake and shows the saitek logo but only with rolling advertising saitek controller products like throttle, joke, radio panel . The device manager in windows 10 shows anow the UBS device/instrument panel as operational. I restart the PC an started the Aerofly flight simulator. But nothing changes at the display of the instrument panel. Also the instrument panel ist not detected from the contoller setup. Ist is not shown in the device list. Thats maybe the actual error ! Who has an idea whats the issue ? regard Olaf (May 19, 2021 at 3:44 PM).

• Hello,

now an own update for my issue. :huh:

The first problem was, that windows dit not recognized the USB device/ instrument panel.

So, i installed an compatible driver (Mad catz pro flight from softpedia)

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/JOYSTICK-G….shtml#download

and fallowed the instruction to install. I plug the instrument panel to the USB port. And then .... after the red flashing of the arror keys, the display awake and shows the saitek logo but only with rolling advertising saitek controller products like throttle, joke, radio panel .

The device manager in windows 10 shows anow the UBS device/instrument panel as operational.

I restart the PC an started the Aerofly flight simulator. But nothing changes at the display of the instrument panel. Also the instrument panel ist not detected from the contoller setup in Aerofly. Ist is not shown in the device list. Thats maybe the actual error !

Who has an idea whats the issue ?

regards

Olaf

• Hi Jan,

no, i had no additional software installed. Only the Saitek/Logitech driver for the instrument panel is installed. When i uninstall the driver, windows did not detect the USB device/instrument panel and in the device manager is a yellow triangle shown. And it´s marked as unknown device.

I also use the MS flight simulator 2020. For this an plugin from Logitech is awailable and absoluteliy neccesary. Without the plugin the instrument panel shows the same issue as in Aerofly (serial number, the saitek logo but only with rolling advertising saitek controller products like throttle, joke, radio panel ).

regards

Olaf

Edited once, last by carver (May 20, 2021 at 2:01 PM).