Will all major future updates be compatible with the 8 gig ram versions of the new M1 iPads or will i need that additional 16 gigs of ram to run all or most of the future updates

• Hi i am waiting very patiently for the next big app or update and i am going to buy the new M1 iPad Pro 12.9 inch please correct me if I already asked this question but will i need either the one terabyte or 2 terabyte versions with that additional ram or will every new major update be compatible with all the other ones with less ram i really need to know so that i get the best experience out of any major new updates please let me know thank you so much please stay safe cheers

• Weather you have a 8 Gb ou a 16 Gb RAM, iPadOS will allow 5 Gb max RAM usage by application (for the moment).

With a 16 Gb RAM, you’re almost sure that the application can access its 5 Gb.

I’m sure they will give the iPad Pro M1 a special boost for Aerofly FS 2021… for the moment Aerofly FS 2021 behaves like running on an iPad Pro 2018 (sometimes blurry scenery far ahead).

I fly, therefore I am

Aeroflyer on iPad A320

iPad Pro M1 / 11-inch / 8 Gb RAM

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS ().

• For the moment, Apple allows 5 Gb RAM max per application. It could change one day.

With a 16 Gb RAM device you’re almost sure that an application could access its 5 Gb.

Now, it depends of IPACS projects with this new iPad Pro! Will it be taken care of like a very powerful device like it is, or just like another iPad Pro a bit better than the previous one…!

I took a 8 Gb RAM iPad Pro from where I’m writing. Because I know that the Mac M1 with 8 Gb are almost as fast as the 16 Gb. There’s a difference with very heavy tasks like massive video encoding, the 16 Gb beats slightly the 8 Gb.

I fly, therefore I am

Aeroflyer on iPad A320

• Hi i am waiting very patiently for the next big app or update and i am going to buy the new M1 iPad Pro 12.9 inch please correct me if I already asked this question but will i need either the one terabyte or 2 terabyte versions with that additional ram or will every new major update be compatible with all the other ones with less ram i really need to know so that i get the best experience out of any major new updates please let me know thank you so much please stay safe cheers

Why Ipad? These are so expensive and so slow. You should better buy a Gaming PC with a good graphics card, or if you have to carry it along with you, then a Gaming laptop, these are much better and you could play Aerofly FS 2 with much higher graphics. Or X-Plane 11 and MSFS 2020, these have the BEST graphics ever and are not even comparable with Aerofly FS 2021 mobile version. Think about that

• Why Ipad?

Because today it's my only device which one I'm able to do graphical tasks and multi channel 4K HDR video editing (with iPad Pro 2018 or the latest iPad Pro M1 2021).

It's also funny to see that on mobile, only Aerofly is able to do this A320, where the other struggle to make it and other planes...

However, if I had a PC (maybe never) I'd probably do what you said (but this requires a very boosted PC with THE graphic card mounted).

I fly, therefore I am

Aeroflyer on iPad A320

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS: Sorry, it was a French to English direct translation ().