REQUEST FOR HELP TO CONNECT VR H P REVERB G2 GLASSES

• I am very close to the order of a new PC, and I want to know what ports are necessary to install in the PC to work these VR glasses. I think one port is HDMI and the other is a: ¿ USB 2.0 or 3.0 ?

I await your information

Kind regards: Delfin

• google + youtube are your friends ... Display Port + USB 3

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

und

External Content youtu.be

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• Hi ,especially to you, higgs, for your videos; more can't be done.

Thanks also to ZoSoChile (Jake), for this observation concerning AMD components that can create some problems for me. I guess you know the difficulties of some AMD components with this HP Reverb G2 headset. If you observe that the components of my next PC could be undesirable, please let me know.

My PC. will be what follows in the next paragraph.

PC Gaming - Megaport Ordenador Gaming PC AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • GeForce RTX3060 12GB • 1TB M.2 High Performance SSD • 16GB DDR4 3000 • WLAN • Windows 10 • PC Gamer

I repeat: I thank you both for your impeccable help.

• Hi ,especially to you, higgs, for your videos; more can't be done.

Thanks also to ZoSoChile (Jake), for this observation concerning AMD components that can create some problems for me. I guess you know the difficulties of some AMD components with this HP Reverb G2 headset. If you observe that the components of my next PC could be undesirable, please let me know.

My PC. will be what follows in the next paragraph.

PC Gaming - Megaport Ordenador Gaming PC AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • GeForce RTX3060 12GB • 1TB M.2 High Performance SSD • 16GB DDR4 3000 • WLAN • Windows 10 • PC Gamer

I repeat: I thank you both for your impeccable help.

For good VR I'd recommend staying away from AMD for now. I'd look at the latest 10 or 11 gen intel i7 or i9 cpu water cooled, on a Z490 or Z590 motherboard. so you can apply a little cpu overclock and keep your temps down.

Also, your G2 is a high res VR headset and I think you should look at a rtx3070, 3070ti, or 3080 gpu if you can afford it. Also, make sure you get a psu with enough grunt. Probably something like a corsair 750-850w gold. Also, stay away from small PC cases. A full size case will allow for much better cooling.

If you are going to get a new PCVR setup you want to be able to get at least a few years use before you need to upgrade it.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• As it seems driver support for new AMD boards, new Nvidia GPUs und the Reverb G2 has improved for the last few months. Some months ago friends / brothers of mine tried the Reverb G2, and any given combination of GTX 1080, GTX 1080 Ti, RTX 3070, RTX 3080 as well as 1 Intel chipset and 3 AMD chipsets. Only one combination was able to run a Reverb G2 just fine: it was an old AMD CPU with a GTX 1080Ti. Back than the main problem seems to have been a combination of power demand via USB and inadequate drivers - which should be solved by now.

I think the best solution to find out if a Reverb works with your rig may be to just try the Reverb G2 - they are highly portable, so if you know someone owning such a headset, it is just a question of unplugging the headset and replugging it at your computer.

Seeing the specs of your rig this should be more than enough steam to run Aerofly FS2 in highres.

Otherwise one of my brothers (the guy with the new AMD board and the RTX 3070) switched to a Valve Index, and hasn't looked back ever since. ;)

• Thanks TomC RLG for your advice, on what to do, and also what not to do. It is very necessary when investing in a gaming PC.

Thanks also Armitage, for your description about the behavior of the Reverb G2 on different devices, as well as your comments about the GTX cards.

To both of you, kind regards: Delfin

• If you upgrade PC be careful with AMD CPU along with the AMD x570 motherboards. It makes the HP Reverb very hard to work properly.

Hi ZoSoChile (Jake).

You had told me to be careful with the AMD X 570 motherboard, that it could look bad. It doesn't fit in my choice for my PC, but tell me: You have the HP Reverb G2 headset, and what motherboard do you have installed in your PC. You see with sharpness in VR with the ...Reverb G2. Which motherboard do you recommend? I have initially selected this one: Gigabyte B450 Gaming X, S. AM4 v2.

Another very elementary question, but that's computer science for non-experts like me:

I have seen that when you address in the Forum to someone specific, you use the @ symbol followed by the nick of the user, and both appear at the beginning but in red color. For example: " admin " What is the syntax to write that in the thread?

Thanks in advance for your help

• You had told me to be careful with the AMD X 570 motherboard, that it could look bad. It doesn't fit in my choice for my PC, but tell me: You have the HP Reverb G2 headset, and what motherboard do you have installed in your PC. You see with sharpness in VR with the ...Reverb G2. Which motherboard do you recommend? I have initially selected this one: Gigabyte B450 Gaming X, S. AM4 v2.

Hello Delfin,

I have this specific motherboard, https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-UD-rev-10#kf

With this motherboard, I sometimes have connection problems with my HP Reverb G2.

There are workarounds by adjusting specific settings in BIOS, however still sometimes I get connection problems.

Usually Aerofly FS2 works in VR, however with the latest BIOS update I can't get MSFS 2020 to work properly with HP Reverb G2.

In regards to your Gigabyte B450 Gaming X, S. AM4 v2

I believe this motherboard should not have any problems.