VR will all the sudden not work and Vulcan will not stay on.

• Hey All,

Look, I have been using Aerofly FS2020 in VR Mode for a couple of years now and it has always been the most stable, fun and easy to use. I have always been recommending Aerofly FS2020 to potential flightsimmers and I know I have brought to you at least two dozen new customers who use Aerofly FS2020 as opposed to all others. However, Over the past couple of months there has been nothing but issues running AEROFLY FS2020 IN VR Mode at all. I have been using the HP Reverb G2 for months and months with no issues but now I cannot get Steam VR to stop Crashing after attempting to open it in Steam VR Mode. After opening AeroFly, my attempt to switch to Vulkan are what lead to Steam VR Shutting down and sometimes Crashing Aerofly FS2020 all together taking me back to MS Mixed Reality Portal. Basically, Aerofly FS2020 will NOT stay in Vulkan mode. Sometimes, I was getting a "Stack Overflow" box after trying to switch in VR Mode.

And, all the while, I have been able to use all other Flight Sims in VR mode including MSFS2020 which now runs fantastically as there updates have worked wonders in smoothing out there VR Mode. I am having the exact opposite Experience with Aerofly FS2020.

I use the Alienware Graphics Amp with a Giga GTX 1070 with the below attached computer specs/info

Please Help

Thank you,

BOOMER

• Sorry but I think that the Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) is a pretty poor choice for good PCVR. Been there and done that with my old Alienware 17r4 and gtx1080ti in an AGA. Originally with a Dell WMR headset btw. I ended up replacing this with an Oculus Rift cv1 and Vive Pro. I'll never go back to WMR ever again, lol!

First thing you need to do is make sure to use an external monitor and use win10 display settings to only display to it (not your laptop screen). Your best bet in the long term is to do what I did and build/buy a better desktop gaming PC (in my case, i9 9900k water cooled, 32Gb 3000 ram). I did this 2 years ago and moved my 1080ti into it and got about 2x the performance in PCVR than I did with it in my AGA in my 17r4 (i7 7700hq, gtx1060 6Gb, 32Gb ram). I've now replaced it with a rtx3090 and of course am currently getting even better PCVR results with both my Vive Pro and Quest 2.

In any case, I kinda find it hard to believe that msfs2020 works very well in VR with a gtx1070. It does not even work very well with my rtx3090, lol! After a month of trying the Steam version of msfs in VR (Vive Pro and Quest 2) I have uninstalled it for now. Way too many large updates that do not seem to help much and a very poor user interface imho. I'll probably give it another go in the future when it matures and includes stock heli's.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Edited 2 times, last by TomC RLG (June 24, 2021 at 4:14 AM).

• Hi Boomer, please contact us via support on aerofly.com: https://www.aerofly.com/support/contact/

or via "mail at ipacs.de".

Please send us the tm.log file from your user documents so that we can check what may cause the issues.

And by the way, it's Aerofly FS 2 not Aerofly FS 2020. Aerofly FS 2020 is our mobile app which does not support VR and runs on iOS and Android.

Regards,

Jan