Do i need to worry about needing 16 gigs of ram

• Hi I’m getting the new M1 iPad Pro at the end of next month and I heard from lots of people that they will add major updates to aerofly Fs 2021 but i can’t afford the 1 or 2 terabyte models witch have 16 gigs of ram but do i need to worry about the newer updates or version needing that 16 gigs of ram and not being able to get updates please let me know thank you so much

• You will only have 3 GB of never used RAM if you get 8GB, would you prefer to have 11GB of unused RAM if you got the 16GB version? Would you use the Terrabytes of storage to get the higher RAM?

I'm thinking 8/128 as easier offloading and USB flexibility will be useful.

• An iOS application can’t use more than 5 GB RAM for the iPad M1 8 or 16 GB RAM (for the moment and it seems to be the same with iOS 15 beta).

For the moment Aerofly seems not to be adapted to this new iPad Pro M1, it behaves as if it was running on a iPad Pro 2018.

I’m using the iPad Pro 11 inch 128 GB storage 8 GB RAM. Aerofly FS 2021 is the same than on iPad Pro 11 inch 2018, sometimes (often) blurry scenery ahead. Apart the fact that this new iPad 2021 is quite less hot than the 2018.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS (June 24, 2021 at 6:33 PM).

• Official Post

We will receive a new M1 iPad Pro soon and modify Aerofly FS to fully support this new device. We will add new possibilities and features only with a new major version of Aerofly FS so we don't cause any issues with existing devices. Aerofly FS in high settings requires roughly 2 GB of Ram to work smoothly, again newer versions might increase this limit but we need to keep in mind the slower iOS devices also.

• We will receive a new M1 iPad Pro soon and modify Aerofly FS to fully support this new device

<3<3<3<3<3

That’s cool. Of course, I don’t hope new features immediately. But, there’s always a “but” ;), if it is possible to use more memory with this device to load more scenery ahead and buildings farther than 10 Nm. If it is possible, if it is just a variable in the code to set higher for this device…

Thank you for taking this device with care.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)

• I have another question for the admin since you plan on giving the new iPads new version with new possibilities can we get trees all 3d buildings everywhere 3d trees better clouds night lighting everywhere and all the regions that the desktop version has i think this new ipad can handle it because it has the new M1 chip witch is the same chip that is in the new macs that would be amazing thanks

• :!::!::!:

Finally, iPadOS 15 will allow applications to ask for more than 5 GB RAM, but without abusing and the application has to be ok with 5 GB:

https://www.igen.fr/ipad/2021/06/l…pados-15-123471

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS (June 25, 2021 at 6:27 PM).