• Forget the ipad pro. Just discovered how to screen mirror this sim from the ipad to my very large 2 year old Samsung Q9 TV. I knew I was never buying a PC again, but this takes mobile gaming to a new level. The outside view of the Eurocopter is stunning on a large screen.

After not being able to get a DVD I wanted was forced to buy it on Apple TV and pair this to my TV. All I can say is I have seen the future and the future is now. I have noticed that new games mirror no problem. Old apps/games don't. Aerofly mirrors no problem and no lag at all. Identical to how it runs on my ipad pro 2017. I think I will be flying alot more now.

Favourite album: In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

My ride: MB339, B744, Aerofly FS Global, Ipad Pro 2022/11 1TB ipadOS17

XBox Series X/S wireless controller (model 1914)

• I’ve tried it. It’s cool, it works like magic.

The only problem that bothers me is that the controls are on the iPad. I mean it’s nice about the big screen but you have to look at your iPad to control the plane.

But a game control device could resolve this, if they work on iPad. I don’t know.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• FrankLFRS , the old Xbox One (model 1708) wireless controller works with ios13 on my ipad 2017 - I also bought the latest xbox controller series X/S "white robot" colour which looks almost identical but it will only work on ios14 (I believe). I will use the latest xbox with my new ipad I will buy later this year. Yes with a wireless controller you can wirelessly connect the ipad to the TV (apple TV functionality in TV settings - you may need to update your TV software as I had to), by screen mirroring, no extra software required, set the ipad aside (ignore it basically) and fly 100% from the controller. The default sensitivity sucks big time (I can't change it) - I jerk around alot but still manage to fly, hover and land. The default assignments are OK.

I have dabbled with large screen TV's and flight sims for a few years but the first impression of the Eurocopter outside view on a giant screen was WOW! On the ipad it looks like a heli is on your ipad. On the TV it feels like the heli is in your living room. I like an external view when flying, fixed tail view (a perspective you can't get in a real aircraft) but the in cockpit view is almost life size and very impressive. Its like owning your own personal virtual helicopter.

I discovered Apple TV (on my Samsung TV) by accident. couldn't get a DVD I wanted and bought it on my ipad on Apple TV. But I am shocked at the implications. Been saying for years that DVD, Bluray will be obsolete one day but I didn't realise that it already is. Streaming and downloading is already here - I was a bit asleep on this one. I may not buy a DVD again. I never did this because I hate watching shows on a small screen like an ipad. Didn't realise you can screen-mirror the ipad to a giant TV. Its awesome.

Aerofly FS mobile runs very smoothly on a big TV, both the sim and the controller. Very impressed.

• HKATER

Thank you for the details about controllers that work.

What I wonder the most is how to control FLAPS, MCDU, zoom & turning view, AUTOBRAKE settings, FCU usage, and so on... with only a controller in hand?

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Yes fair point Frank, my flying nowadays is casual VFR. The xbox gives you by default on the heli (whatever the settings were determined by the game designer):

- Rudder (via the paddles at the back)

- Cyclic (via one stick, this would be aileron/elevator for fixed wing)

- Collective via a toggle switch (personally would rather this on the other stick like I do on radio control helos)

- Change of view (panning) via the other stick (like a hat switch function)

The first time I used an xbox controller on a PC years ago flying fixed wing I was very impressed. After years of using joysticks and the occassional rudder pedals (when they worked - I hate PC rudder pedals personally) I found it the closest experience to a real aircraft control (fixed wing - I have no real world heli experience). Never was happy with the twist action of the joystick for rudder control and found that a keyboard assignment for rudder worked best for me for crosswind landings. The ability to completely control an aircraft with two hands (rudder etc) on the xbox (just like in radio control models) won me over completely with the xbox. Its also cheaper than any controller I ever had and has never failed. I am a big fan.

Forgot to mention that the one hang up with the wireless controller and Aerofly is that you cannot change the view location once in the sim, you can only pan around. To change position from say external to internal cockpit view you have to disconnect the controller and set this in the simulator. When connected to the controller the sim will basically remember whatever the last position was, internal or external. If you have a favourite flying position then this is not a big deal and is easily adjustable.

Edited 2 times, last by HKATER (August 24, 2021 at 1:08 PM).