Oculus Quest 2 and Vulcan

• Hi,

Just wondering if there's been any progress fixing the problem with Vulcan not working with the Quest 2. I reported the problem a few months ago and it seemed at the time that it was affecting other if not all Quest 2 users.

I have not had any problems for a while now (since v28, now v31) running my Steam version of FS2 Vulkan with my Q2 using either Air Link or official Link cable. Using Steam version with oculus runtime option. Prior to this I needed to startup with SteamVR runtime. Actually not much difference either way imho.

However, I was over at a friends house a couple of weeks ago and with his Q1 we found he needed to still use the SteamVR runtime. Both of us using latest nvidia driver 471.41.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• Thanks, must be a problem with my setup then. For some reason it still isn't working. I still get excellent performance without using Vulcan though so it's not exactly the end of the world.

I actually just tried this out again today and for some reason(s) FS2 Vulkan is not working again with my Q2 using Link or Air Link. Maybe because of a win10 update or the small addon to v31.1 update I got on my Q2 yesterday. Who knows, lol! Vulkan works fine started in SteamVR mode so no big deal for me. Also, for the most part I use my Vive Pro with most of my flight/racing sims.

A bit off topic but the Aerofly's RC sim RC8 also does not work in Vulkan (which is still beta in this sim) with my Q2 and I need to use the default OpenGL. Like FS2 vulkan it's fine with my Vive Pro.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro