Idaho Scenery (Region 3) v0.9 BETA

• Fortunately You have attracted several quality heavyweights to assist you in this endeavor. I have worked with most of them on other scenery projects and familiar with their capabilities. (Apollo/Hawaii)

Yeah, I feel fortunate to have their help. The project would not be what it is without their help. In fact, it may have never seen the light of day without them.

• I appreciate how much time and effort is required to make this high quality scenery. Although it is rewarding to the developers, few users take the time to provide constructive feedback and comments. Keep up the good work and watch the completed areas grow.

Regards,

Ray

• I've started experiencing performance issues as moxeetwo has been finishing the airports. For the most part, these airports have not been released. So I'm interested in knowing if anyone is having any performance issues with what they have. And especially those users that downloaded and are using all of the scenery levels. I'm not experiencing any problems with other scenery packages, so I need to narrow down where the problem is coming from so it can be addressed. Thanks.

• In another thread you write about a huge .toc file. It is better to have the toc files in smaller pieces according the grid and display distance. Large .toc files can also lead to height problems with flying scenery.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Exactly. I prefer osm tile sizes of level 10.

You can find the correct osm boarders with Vogel69's Grid Genrator:

AFS2 Grid Generator - Flight-Sim.org
    Utility that should help you to generate AFS2 Grid easily viewable in google earth 1/ generate an Aerofly FS 2 grid in .kml format How to: Go into "Custom…
    flight-sim.org

They also coincidence then with the AeroScenery boarders.

If all is ready, you should use IPACS preprocessor to split it into well sized chunks and eliminate doubled buildings in the overlapping zones and compress the scenery for better fluidness.

Cultivation extra-SDK tool: aerofly_fs_scenery_place_preprocessor - Flight-Sim.org
    Aerofly_fs_scenery_place_preprocessor is a very convenient must-have IPACS free tool to easily reshape your cultivation files (.toc files) in an optimal format…
    flight-sim.org

Cheers, Thomas

Edited 2 times, last by TomSimMuc (December 6, 2021 at 12:13 PM).

• In another thread you write about a huge .toc file. It is better to have the toc files in smaller pieces according the grid and display distance. Large .toc files can also lead to height problems with flying scenery.

The huge .toc file is the master that I work from. I send that through the Aerofly Scenery Place Preprocessor to break it down into many smaller files that align with Aerofly's guidelines for scenery packages. Those smaller files are what is distributed with the scenery package.

• UPDATE: The problem with AFS2 Scenery Editor website seems to be either the Safari web browser or, more than likely, some combination of extensions I have loaded into it. Loading the .toc into the website via Firefox, with no extensions, allowed it to work.