New AI Traffic for Aerofly FS 2 PC Version, Video

• Hi,

I finally managed to take the AI Traffic from the Mobile version, I'm so happy, It's so fun now and the world doesn't seem dead anymore, I also did a video about it:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you liked the video, then you can like and subscribe, or share it with your friends!

Best Regards,

Play

Regards,

PLΛY

PC: RTX 3070, Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB RAM, 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD,

Setup: Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick and Saitek Throttle

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 512 GB

Flight Simulators: Aerofly FS 2, X-Plane 11, X-Plane 12 and MSFS 2020

My Youtube Channel https://youtube.com/@P_L_A_Y

• Pretty neat stuff there! Congrats on the conversion. I don't have the mobile version, but does most of the AI perform only touch and go landings or do some park and taxi?

When the AI lands, then when the plane stops then it slowly disappears, but when it takes off, then planes spawn instantly to the runway, then takes off.

Regards,

PLΛY

Setup: Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick and Saitek Throttle

• It's so sad that the developer can't do this as part of the program. Clearly they have more or less abandoned the consumer PC version now for bespoke commercial setups. I invested a lot on the software with add on's and we have been more or less abandoned.

• It's so sad that forum members who demand things to be added to AFS2, and complain that they do not appear overnight, then criticise and generally attack the IPACS team, do not seem to understand what is needed to meet their demands

AI Traffic in a flight sim is not just moving scenery like cars on a road or active airport service vehicles.

Ai traffic needs to be supported by active, automated ATC. That needs to interact with live real weather information - two major projects to be completed before AI traffic is possible, and then the whole thing has to be integrated into the sim so that we can interact with it - two more major projects.

I am confident that IPACS can provide this. I know they do not have a huge team of coders fed by a multi-million dollar budget, so I will have to wait a while. That's fine by me.

• +1

It's so sad that forum members who demand things to be added to AFS2, and complain that they do not appear overnight, then criticise and generally attack the IPACS team, do not seem to understand what is needed to meet their demands

AI Traffic in a flight sim is not just moving scenery like cars on a road or active airport service vehicles.

Ai traffic needs to be supported by active, automated ATC. That needs to interact with live real weather information - two major projects to be completed before AI traffic is possible, and then the whole thing has to be integrated into the sim so that we can interact with it - two more major projects.

I am confident that IPACS can provide this. I know they do not have a huge team of coders fed by a multi-million dollar budget, so I will have to wait a while. That's fine by me.

Best wishes, Michael :)

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB (January 23, 2022 at 10:14 AM).

• It's so sad that the developer can't do this as part of the program. Clearly they have more or less abandoned the consumer PC version now for bespoke commercial setups. I invested a lot on the software with add on's and we have been more or less abandoned.

Yeah, unfortunately this seems to be true, I'm disappointed too.

It's so sad that forum members who demand things to be added to AFS2, and complain that they do not appear overnight, then criticise and generally attack the IPACS team, do not seem to understand what is needed to meet their demands

What are you talking about?!? What attacking? Haven't you noticed that they haven't updated the Aerofly FS 2 PC version for over a year???

I understand that they have a small team, but then they should at least add already existing things to the sim, like A380, A320 Sharklets, Eurocopter AS350, Kopter AW09, HESLO, and AI Traffic. Adding the mobile version things to PC is easy, they don't have to do 2 major projects before that like the ATC or live weather as you said, the AI Traffic works very good as it is right now.

This topic wasn't supposed to be created in my opinion as you don't provide the traffic and just show what you did for yourself to gain views and supremacy? lol

What do you mean? I want to make this sim more fun, it's so dead right now, absolutely no updates or anything for over a year. If IPACS is not gonna do it then yes, then I'll share it. But of yeah course I want to get views.

Best regards,

Play

Regards,

PLΛY

Edited once, last by P L A Y (August 22, 2021 at 9:59 PM).

• If you are unhappy with the current state of affairs, feel free to go play Microsoft's video game. Or, better yet, make a contribution that makes it better.

Hi,

Yes, If I would only have a better computer... then I would go immidiately.

Right now I just can't, I have a very bad laptop with intel hd 620 graphics. ;(

I think it's not very respectful to call MSFS 2020 a video game, I don't know but it's graphics, physics, weather simulation and clouds seems just AMAZING.

But what contribution are you talking about?

Do you mean uploading the mobile files?

If you mean like making sceneries or planes, then I'm actually making one airport for X-Plane 11, and when I get MSFS 2020 in future, then I'll port it over to that too, and it will be payware, because I'm doing very very detailed 3d models, and I'm doing these in sections, because of my bad computer, the first section is nearly ready, here's 2 renders:

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/29405/

It will have interior too, I've already found plans of it and I've been there in real life.

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/29406/

These look super good, doesn't they?

In last year I made just quick trying version of it to just see if everything works in X-Plane 11

And it did work.

I was actually thinking about doing it for the Aerofly FS 2 one year ago when I started with all these things, but IT'S ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE.

I had to download one program for the runways and taxiways, I think it was AC3D, it was free for only 30 days I was so dissapointed, making the runways and taxiways... absolutely impossible, I tried to follow one youtube tutorial but I didn't understand it at all, even taking the orthophotos to the AC3D was just impossible, I had to install one 20 year old program that showed me just white tiles and didn't work, I was so frustrated.

So I tried to do the satellite scenery, so for that I downloaded Aeroscenery, it seemed pretty good, but after it downloaded these orthos it opened the Geoconverter... absolute nightmare... it was just 0.001% AND it was so slow after I let it run for a night I was at 4.178% And I was like so so ANGRY :cursing: In X-Plane 11 there is Ortho4XP that takes the same thing and does it in 1 hour for X-Plane 11. But then I was so angry and just quit the Geoconvert and took these .ttx files that it had done and tried those... it showed just a narrow stripe. :cursing:

Then I waited a few weeks and wanted to try how to do the autogen(or cultivation) OH SO PAINFUL I needed some scripts that didn't work and all that mess... oh jesas I was over 24 hours awake trying these to get to work, BUT NO, none of them worked, there were also 2 different tutorials, both were different and very complicated, also there was one website to do the cultivation and to customize it, I tried everything and NOTHING worked. Oh I was so angry and frustrated. :cursing:

So I decided that I'll never do any scenery for Aerofly. I also tried to do F-22 plane for Aerofly, I downloaded one 3d model, tried to export it, then convert it with Aircraft Converter (Also, i hate this program, freezes and crashes so many times, and for liveries makes only blurry 2048x2048p textures) but after I converted the F-22 like the blue box that was for testing, it showed me this red stop square, I tried eveything, also renameing the F22 files to blue box files names and textures too but it just didn't work, and I also didn't understand the Aerofly aircrafts file system and everything is so complicated so I gave up. :(

I was actually pretty surprised when the mobile things worked on PC, but yeah, that was a good thing, the AI traffic made me very happy.

For X-Plane 11 there's plugin for Sketchup that with one click exports the model as X-Plane .obj and straight from there it's ready for scenery, I just put it to my scenery folder.

X-Plane also has this X-Europe autogen that covers all europe and is so detailed and is just the best one, and with Ortho4XP it's amazing.

And X-Plane 11 scenery making is just so easy, everything worked when I tried it first time, there is this World Editor program, with that I can easily make runways, taxiways, aprons, place trees, buildings and everything, also my second project, oh I'm gonna love it, this is Soviet time old big military base, it is a few kilometers from that smaller commercial airport that I'm doing, oh this is awesome there's one very big runway and one smaller one, and at the end of the smaller runway they decided TO BUILD A MUSEUM THAT LOOKS LIKE A RAMP!!!

OMG, Then I got a wild idea to do that in X-Plane and use it as a ramp for 737s and 747s, also for soviet planes, the airport currently looks like this, I haven't done the detailed museum buliding yet, because I don't have time and time goes so fast, but I built a simple version of that, I wrote to the obj that it's a solid object AND IT WORKED, this is a screenshot of that airport, the museum is at the end of that runway that I'm trying to land on with this old TU-134.

This is gonna be a lot of fun, but yeah, unfortunately can't do these in Aerofly.

I also haven't heard that someone has done any converter programs that convert X-Plane 11, MSFS 2020, or FSX sceneries to Aerofly, for X-Plane 11 there's one program that converts FSX scenery to X-Plane 11 and I love it, I converted the Aerosoft Madeira and it's amazing, it's just so cool airport with this runway that's in these pillars and there wasn't any good addons for it in X-Plane before, but I converted it and it looks like this, (I also made a video about it)

And of course I understand that you, IPACS you're small team and don't have time to do all these, but everyone just want to get these things that are already on mobile.

Best Regards,

Play

Regards,

PLΛY

Edited 4 times, last by P L A Y (August 23, 2021 at 7:10 AM).

• I think it's not very respectful to call MSFS 2020 a video game, I don't know but it's graphics, physics, weather simulation and clouds seems just AMAZING.

Sure, it's got great eye candy. And maybe they've fixed some of the bugs since I last tried it. But my last experience with it was indeed a video game. The flight physics just didn't add up to what was marketed. And no helicopters.

I'm a pilot IRL, and I can tell you that MSFS is just too easy. Therefore, it's a video game. Not a real sim.

As for your contributions, you do what you can to make it better. But honestly, all I hear is how happy you are with the other options. You should think about that and proceed accordingly.

• It's so sad that forum members who demand things to be added to AFS2, and complain that they do not appear overnight, then criticise and generally attack the IPACS team, do not seem to understand what is needed to meet their demands

Hello Buddy!

IPACS is a business NOT our friends. We can demand anything we like from them or any business entity. We paid money for this product. Many or us believed that we would get a finished, polished product at some point. 5 years later, we still do not have traffic. Think of it an flight simulator (really it is just a faded game) with no traffic.

This is Google maps..but paid for.

• We pay for a simulator or game as it is! Any free update you get later on is a good thing, not something to demand from a developer...
    Sometimes you get things for free like the helicopters for Aerofly FS 2 that came as a free update, sometimes you get a new version (Aerofly FS 4) and we have to pay for it...
    If we see it that way, we can be patient and happy with what we have. :)

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• We pay for a simulator or game as it is! Any free update you get later on is a good thing, not something to demand from a developer...
    Sometimes you get things for free like the helicopters for Aerofly FS 2 that came as a free update, sometimes you get a new version (Aerofly FS 4) and we have to pay for it...
    If we see it that way, we can be patient and happy with what we have. :)W

As a customer you pay for everything. Period. When you buy a product, unless you are told the product is missing items AND those items will NOT be replaced/repaired. You expect and should expect the product and all remedies. IPACS did not advertise FS2 as incomplete. As a matter of fact they have continuously promised to add the missing components.

As I have told others in the X-Plane forum..stop defending a money-making enterprise. Unless you own the business or share its financial gains, think of your bottom line. The original poster, me and any other paying customer has the right and justification to demand what we expect. If you are satisfied with what you have, why even comment here? We are trying to get results and here you are interfering. Again, IPACS is a company not my friends or family.

• So, you tell us ... you buy a product years ago "that didnt had items what you have buy and something is not "repaired" .

What detailed they sell to you ... what you pay for ... but you didnt get ? ?

You write this, now you have to write ! what you didnt get , what you have payd.

I get all what i have buy, and many more :) So you buy a different Simulator ... I think ?

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• As a customer you pay for everything. ...
    Again, IPACS is a company not my friends or family.

So you are the guy who defines a flight sim is complete/incomplete?

We will even discuss what complete means.

I remember paying for each version of MS Flight Sim from version 4 onwards. Were they complete? Is any flight sim ever complete? Discussing this will give very different opinions. And demanding this is ridiculous. ;)

With your aggresive attitude we will not become friends either. That's the difference to many more guys here in this forum...

• A few years ago when I downloaded Aerofly FS 2, it looked pretty complete to me. And it got even better along the way: To my suprise features were added (like new planes and helicopters) without me having to pay anything for it.

If you are looking at other flight sims you might miss a lot of features. But I for one would not call a Cessna 172 incomplete because it is missing fly-by-wire, an HUD or a jet engine - Cessna never advertised the 172 to be a combat jet plane. ;)

And regarding the usual sentence "this game is dead because I do not see any new development for some time", you might consider chess a very dead game by now, because it has not changed for some decades.