Anyone know how to cure this loading problem? PROBLEM SOLVED

• I have the same problem. My tm.log suggests the panel is not being found. I remember in the original download, we had to add our choice of panel (black background or white) to the external models. I don't remember how this was done, but it did work.

In that one, each panel folder and each livery has its own .tmr file, so after deactivating those I tried to write an option.tmc to cover each combination, but without success. ;(

C152tmlog.txt

• I looks like the tmd file has a syntax error, the log file is full of errors 'property xy' is not a member...

Check the tmd file, the syntax error must be before the object "PrimerLeverInput" according to these first few lines of the tm.log:

Code
           27.73-tmmodelmanager:              loading dynamics begin 'c152sd'...
           27.74-tmfile_properties:       WARNING:  property '' is not a member of type 'output_free'.
           27.74-tmfile_properties:       WARNING:  property 'PrimerLeverInput' is not a member of type 'modelmanager'  hash=9502234764614334046.

A valid structure needs to look like something this:

Code
    <[][][]
        <[][][]>
        <[][][]>
        <[][][]
            <[][][]>
            <[][][]>
        >
    >

It could be that either a > is missing or there is a ]] somewhere that corrupts the syntax

• Thankyou for your quick response, Jan :thumbup:

I reinstalled the C152 from the backup I made before installing the last non-Steam update.

Searched the tmd file, full length, forward and back, for ]], [[, '', ' ', and ' '. All returned "text not found".

Looked all through it for unpaired > but I didn't see any. Maybe I should eat more carrots, to improve my eyesight?

The only lines that looked odd were those near the top of the file, related to Event DEV0. So I commented out ( // ) all three. Tried to load the plane and this time got a big red block with STOP on it. Never seen that before - I thought it was a Mac OS trick, not Win10.

Installed the most recent file from flight-sim.org, but it still shuts down AFS2, as before.

I have to be in Brisbane all day tomorrow but I will look again when I get home.

ATB

MikeW

• I vaguely remember something about a tmr file, but, not enough to solve the problem. Something along the lines of the tmr file type was changed to some other file type in one of the IPACS updates. Obviously, Sylvain has removed this model from the dl site. Maybe someone else will chip in with more info or even a link to download a working model. :)

Regards,

Ray

• This is starting to look like a logic error, rather than a syntax one. I haven't found any missing, unpaired, or duplicated symbols. I used Search, Find + Count to check my visual check, with these results:

Find [ Count 17536

Find ] Count 17536

Find < Count 5845

Find > Count 5845

I also checked { and } because that is a common typo error and hard to see, but both returned a count of 0.
    Trouble is, I don't know which programming language this is, so I have to change one thing at a time and check the effect of that, and so on. I did manage to create some new errors in the log - this time, copilot.tmc failed to load and I got the Big Red Block.

Jan, could you point me to a Developer's Handbook, or even a "Teach yourself..." type of book, for this language. I used to get paid for learning stuff like that but that was quite a few years ago... :(

ATB, MikeW

• Jan, I am working through that process now.

tmmodelmanager: Error = object X not found ( in this case, X = 'AirspeedIndicator'

Is there a warning? Yes, property 'Object X name' is not a member of type 'modelmanager'

BUT it does appear in the c152sd.tmd file at line 8...why?...etc.

The aircraft is Sylvain delePierre's Cessna 152 which is still listed at flight-sim.org. The original version worked but was very over-powered. I have been investigating the later version, which makes AFS2 fall over.

I will see what I can find in the wiki, but it seems to be very out-of-date.

I appreciate your help, but I am not sure that you as an IPACS team member should be spending time on this. That is why I would like to solve it myself.

Thanks, Mike

• Stay the course, Mike. You may be our only hope for getting this C152 to load in AF2.

Sylvain must have gotten upset about something or maybe He just just burned out. It has to be frustrating to spend so many long hours designing these planes as freeware and then things like this appear out of nowhere and shuts them down.

Regards,

• :)

The bracket counts matched, but the tm.log still claimed a syntax error on loading the c152. That suggested that there might be an extra pair of brackets somewhere. I found one such at Line 1187 of c152sd.tmd

<[output_free] [StarterActiveOutput] [ ] [ ]

I deleted that fourth pair and the c152 flew again. Probably need to make the same edit in the cold&dark model.

MikeW

• You're too kind, Ray...Jan's diagnosis was spot on ('it must be something before PrimerLever') The primer inputs are in the very next section.

There was also a clue in the warnings, saying property ' ' - i.e a blank space - was not found, but it is not easy to use a blank space as a search string :D

And just to make life easy, there are lots of perfectly legal [ ] in the 7500-odd lines of code

• I can't remember what Sylvain said to do ( in the original version) to change the panels, but I do know I set the White panel as standard for all the choices, because it looked like too much hassle to change it "manually" every time.

Not sure what to fiddle with next - might be best to just copy/edit a tmd for each combination, but if option.tmc is as good as they say, it should be possible to write one that covers all bases.

Anyway I deserve a beer after all that, so I will look further tomorrow :saint: